Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Discussions about Servers
Barbie
Godlike

Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by Barbie »

Someone wants to set up a MonsterHunt server. Are there recommendations for a specific version? I know only these:
  • MonsterHunt2Gold
  • MonsterHunt2v3
  • MonsterHunt504
  • MH2_NS_V2_August_14_2015
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by Aldebaran »

I found a similar discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11514

Perhaps it helps :)
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

MH2_NS_V? would be my first choice because of the hard work Nelsona has done to fix MonsterHunt. But the other thing is that most monsterhunt servers that are hosted you don't have to have much skill to kill monsters and you rack up alot of ridiculous points. So that being said most clients would not like Nelsona's work since his setup is more rigged to be more of a challenge to kill monsters and less ridiculous points given to clients.

I've seen a type of client first hand that only cares about scoring lots of points and running ahead to finish maps they care not to play. Honestly MonsterHunt needs more balance and I think eventually Nelsona will fix these issues someday.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

destination monsterhunt main server. :tu:
This server is recombed by me becouse i play alot there ,i just did add the server to mine list.
Last edited by rjmno1 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

rjmno1 wrote:destination monsterhunt main server. :tu:
Private version so they would have to ask blackwolf I'm guessing. Which may not go through.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Chamberly wrote:Private version so they would have to ask blackwolf I'm guessing. Which may not go through.
Woow, I did not know that they changed MH, I though they were using their mutator around MH503 because they did this for years, nothing really different in controller...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Thanks for all answers (also private messages). I think that "MH504" or "MH2_NS_V2" is a good choice then.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Info:
I'm currently in state processing related to MH2 (those wild attached types). I went to change mod due to new research and XC stuff allowing me to test different things. But... developing has turned now in a different direction, we have a "ReplaceFunction" which can prevent a bunch of replacements due to new options - but people which doesn't install XCGE will need power tweaking. So it needs a dual format, actually is a big loss to have XCGE and to not use that great power. I have to rewrite other types of regens dual format + that can be disabled - seriously last time I was playing simple MH504 and... because I'm using Bots and that untold dispersion bug is annoying I'm using a small mutator adjuster + a few personal tweaks related to Monster and Pickups - of course for Bot I have another toys during MH and even a relic type mutator "OsPower2" able to bring up an powered dispersion. So I sat away from regens... and even from my monsterreplacer since bad functions can be hacked and there are not needed other creatures and surprises...
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I look forward to testing your next beta MH2_NS.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Sir, you know that A_1 version which has a fancy Scoreboard. The fact is I cannot really figure what's wrong with that IpToCountry link. Game starts players ready - mutate command works. Fire blasts kills = No longer working, player joined later at a moment seems unidentified. This is some internal error which I cannot figure so in A_2 I quit using it and I have operated changes:
- regen transferred from timer to state code operated by an actor and not mutator
- player (here I'm referring to old times hunting speed) and Bot is tagged for using foreach tagged as monster does;
- tiny changes at codes - iterator doesn't need "!=None" check because wrapping is automated;
- added an INT for accessing pickups and creating their INI section - until this moment was not doable from preferences;
- tiny wraps at minigun pulsegun rocket - in hoping to be good;
- not gonna use other Bot corrections here - I prefer Bot managing itself leaving controllers alone;
- Player and Bot - as an attachment - run line priority - not in MH2 have another Replication type (more simple at bot because bot won't be interested about ping) and both of them are state based not timer based - Kaput timers, Epic :lol2:;
- integrated TickSpy tool - with newer XC launcher it do reports even 31 tickrate (30 configured) randomly depending on action;
- iterator for monsters starts stepping procedure if tickrate falls at retarded values, and it goes back in small steps recovering iterations when tick resources are available - this is a "high tech" stupid SeePlayer boosted in extremes, some Levels are harder this way in MH2 regenerated than in default MH where monsters are sleeping in shoes until player is kicking their butt. All these goes based on "CallForHelp" from Bot rented at monsters by code-push-combat - a team action so to speak.
Trivia, I'll bet in I7 machines is hard to see fall down signals (they are ON-Screen for everyone).

Lousy techs:
Probably several animations are nasty to get a response - monster boosted shaking legs very fast - there my server I guess did not have time to execute high speed animations. I suspect (probably wrong) monster anim is based on GroundSpeed, in air looks like Monster has problem with "GroundSpeed" accelerating animation and some Pawns crash server in normal priority and they were hanging server in High priority - last time probably Higor did something or my Process manager is hacking something (has a list with known games) because server did not crash anymore. Also other animations are default problems, they need hacks and replacements - they might be linked with "bStasis" "feature".
Particular tweaks are not included - map X or Map Y - a crap must be left as it is else new mappers will learn bad things - but general tweaks for a "guhzillion" of the same mapping sh!t are a bless because are almost everywhere.
Mapper cannot fix DistanceLightning because is not coder, so it's our job as admins, like the rest of similar things.

In whatever future probably a XC_MonsterHunt will be on my to do, "expands" MonsterHunt - using the same triggers and things but dealing with them in other way.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

sektor2111 wrote:In whatever future probably a XC_MonsterHunt will be on my to do, "expands" MonsterHunt - using the same triggers and things but dealing with them in other way.
:shock: That I'll be waiting for!
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I can still see People speaking about MonsterHunt BUT NO MH SECTION nowhere - probably MH is not for UT'99 but others unfinished things and dead threads are still there. OK, no problem we can spread a MH thing at each 5 posts if this is needed and recommended...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:I can still see People speaking about MonsterHunt BUT NO MH SECTION nowhere - probably MH is not for UT'99 but others unfinished things and dead threads are still there. OK, no problem we can spread a MH thing at each 5 posts if this is needed and recommended...
Then what about a BT section and a Siege section as well. Or a XC-Engine section...

:ironic:

MH is a mod for UT. Is the Modification section not fitting for it?? :noidea
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

papercoffee wrote:Then what about a BT section and a Siege section as well. Or a XC-Engine section...
If I count MH maps debates and questions and issues occurred, and probably comparing with BT issues posted, BT probably looks almost invisible. The rest of types probably are relevant taking in account number of servers and fans :| .
XC_Engine at least has already a thread since deserve a Section (like SDK which is silent as I could see so far...). Let me see, XC_Engine used normally (not as I do with it) does improve a normal server, that stuff deserve an entire section, many of those old troubles were vanished by Higor.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Fan count is irrelevant. Or else we have to consider iCTF as well.

But...
sektor2111 wrote: XC_Engine [...] deserve a Section [...] like SDK [...] XC_Engine used normally (not as I do with it) does improve a normal server, that stuff deserve an entire section, many of those old troubles were vanished by Higor.
Good point. I would subscribe this.
I made a joke about it, but you are right.