The Unrealism Zone Server is Back!

Discussions about Servers
Barbie
Godlike

Re: The Unrealism Zone Server is Back!

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:1023 channels
Are you running Higors XC engine with the setting bUseNewRelevancy=TRUE? If you have a map with > 1023 monsters, some issues occur - at least in the XC version (18?) I tried.
<EDITH>
I just started some of the maps you have mentioned in your first post in this thread:
MH-NodeInvaders][: 3327 Actors
MH-ProxyMoon_V2: 3219 Actors
MH-ICRedone(Rex): 2149 Actors
MH-(_@_)_OceanFloor_PB6c: 4037 Actors

So I guess it has to do with that 1023 limit...
</EDITH>
Last edited by Barbie on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

No i don't use XC engine.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Are you running the HideNPeek-Mutator? Or anything else that changes the relevance of Actors?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I tried the MH-HellGauntletV3 now on an other server where I knew it won't lag. There it shows max 975 channels when I am in the big corridor.

So why do the same map in the same situation needs different amount of channels on different servers? :help:

Btw many thanks go to sektor2111, he's got me on it with the channels ("I'm trying harder to stay on 1024 channels, the rest is NO GAME.").
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:I tried the MH-HellGauntletV3 now on an other server where I knew it won't lag. There it shows max 975 channels when I am in the big corridor.
I just did the same and had similar results (~950 channels while stucking within a bunch of monsters; ~500 when I go around a corner and cannot see enemies any more).
Aldebaran wrote:So why do the same map in the same situation need different amount of channels on different servers?
Different mutators? Different mutator versions? Different mutator settings?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Nali Weapons 3 needs more channels I found out. So on my server 1024 channels max is too little. Some other servers with NW3 have not that issue, don't know why.

So, can the XC Engine / XC_Core solve this problem?
Arkon
Novice
Personal rank: Inhuman

Post by Arkon »

I'm glad you guys are posting on MH2, too, because I plan on getting back into hosting for that one day, as well. Lol

Anyways, one thing was done; I uploaded that video I recorded over a week ago showing what happens with the "Hatchet Gun" on the (sold) FX160 with the Atom 230:
"The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote:So on my server 1024 channels max is too little.
Then move to other game, actually this is UT limit even if you have 10 GHz CPU and 300 Cores, and yes, UnrealEngine is limited at this point. That's why those maps won't run ever smoother as they are set - BAD MAPS - doesn't matter what your player wants - they have the freedom to run all shit At HOME, this stuff added On Line won't help new comers to stay in community - that's the major point.
Mindless mappers really don't know an ass about Engine. Epic NEVER EVER made Levels having up to 10 MB with a crapton of monsters/actors, they were splitting Levels in episodes and using server-travel, not all crap in stage at time. Those maps won't run smoother until you take some nasty measures - decimating useless monsters. Example ? Sure ?
Map MeltTown (any version - is nothing fixed nowhere except the one which I'm using ) = 1043 creatures. When my "players" are triggering around 200-300 creatures and battle starts, tickrate goes in trash values - monsters moving + projectiles fired and weapons working and effects all are channels consumers. After adding NoMHSpam actor (a bit revised) and capping monsters at 500, tickrate doesn't really move from 29-30. Simply less creatures are starting to mess up firing and hunting, and CPU CYCLES are working in normal parameters. At these values even using mods with "PawnList" things are working at good speed. The rest of stuff running active in map are devastators as well.
Major hint: If your mod forces 20000 NetSpeed for player but server is configured at 10000 - crappy visual effects occur. Server doesn't accept more than 10000, and mod by server itself is pushing player higher = no more proper timing as long as things will get messy in such case - probed by me by accident.
Like I said, a map can be fun and difficult with only 50+ creatures at a moment and without to load 80 MB+ packages by using a little wise setup - default MH > 2H of game play - with regens < 1H; but all about a harder map ( and fun :loool: - lagging is fun probably ) is linked with SIZE and Number of Monsters after some "geniuses", and this is over what engine can handle at time. Then, I could figure beyond 2015 more insanity - totally unplayable maps ON-Line - MORONS, not mappers, which have never been capable of a minimal Net LAN test in their yard for probing Net Play. Of course they were frustrated why admin did not use their "work" (sorta garbage) - because admin tested map in a hidden server and... deleted it in 3 seconds that's why, for a public location is the same thing - it doesn't look different either.
Arkon
Novice

Post by Arkon »

Just a quick update - the public IP was recently changed. Some maps, and files may be renamed, and/or altered in the near future.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Sorry to bring back this thread, but I have tested the NoMHSpam mutator/actor with the MH-NodeInvaders map.
The displayed number of monsters decreased to below 300 but there were still more than 1023 channels needed, therefore it lags heavy right from beginning. So I think I have to leave some maps aside as long as they are not fixed...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Take in account the rest of stuff devastators:
- bad triggering;
- actors using intensive timer, tick;
- errors in settings;
- bad build geometry
- insanity of huge rooms for no valid reasons;
- etc.
Arkon
Novice

Post by Arkon »

Another Update - Upload (client download) speeds will increase, and another IP address change may take place on Nov. 28.