MonsteHuntGold2- IP to country not working on server

Discussions about Servers
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: MonsteHuntGold2- IP to country not working on server

Post by JackGriffin »

Although not strictly needed on MH servers, there are monster aimbots that are available. I've also seen players use hacked MH versions to make their scores much higher than everyone else. Even with that stuff in the wild it's probably not worth the overall hit to performance that ACE does. There is a custom anticheat running on my MH server you are downloading P that will do you a good job and be less stressful overall (plus the players do not need to download a bunch of stuff). Overall it's probably best to just be an active admin on your server. If you see something wrong don't be afraid to deal with it. Once you've played enough you'll know quickly when someone isn't right.

When you get all settled let me know and I'll explain the setup on that anticheat you are copying. You can see how it catches things in the various logs you downloaded. I have it set up so the players get no warning at all so it lets you generate plenty of logs to be sure someone is dirty or doing things they shouldn't.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Sweet Jack!

Started the copy this morning. It was still going when i left for work at midday.
Hopefully its done by the time I get home (UK hours).

Will be in touch on email.

:highfive:

EDit:

Help, what does this mean from the server log?

Log: UDP recvfrom error: 11 from 0.0.0.0:0
Log: BulletBox2 fell out of the world!
Log: BulletBox3 fell out of the world!
Log: BulletBox0 fell out of the world!
Log: BulletBox1 fell out of the world!
Log: [SCF] Server Shutdown
Log: [SCF] Signal Received: SIGSEGV
Log: [SCF] Developer backtrace (0):
Log: [SCF] Memory Map:
Exit: Preparing to exit.

Server won't start now after I updated the [MonsterHunt2Gold.LinkActor] section in my MonsterHuntGold2.ini

This is whats there:

[MonsterHunt2Gold.LinkActor]
QueryServerHost[0]=www.unrealkillers.com
QueryServerHost[1]=www.iptocountry.ut-files.com
QueryServerHost[2]=utgl.unrealadmin.org
QueryServerHost[3]=
QueryServerFilePath[0]=/iptocountry/iptocountry16.php
QueryServerFilePath[1]=/iptocountry16.php
QueryServerFilePath[2]=/iptocountry16.php
QueryServerFilePath[3]=
QueryServerPort[0]=80
QueryServerPort[1]=80
QueryServerPort[2]=80
QueryServerPort[3]=80
resolvedAddress[0]=104.28.15.15
resolvedAddress[1]=192.111.155.210
resolvedAddress[2]=85.236.100.16
resolvedAddress[3]=
MaxTimeout=10
ErrorLimit=5
bNeverPurgeAddress=False
bSpawnAddon=True
IPData[0]=
IPData[1]=

Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Pileyrei wrote: Log: [SCF] Server Shutdown
Log: [SCF] Signal Received: SIGSEGV
Log: [SCF] Developer backtrace (0):
Log: [SCF] Memory Map:
Exit: Preparing to exit.
SIGSEGV means your server has been hit by a segmentation fault (aka segfault). Now you are leading with an actual problem; ask Higor, he is the C/C++ captain. :P
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

As Gustavo stated, SIGSEGV is the problem. It is risen by the underlying operation system if a process accesses memory it is not allowed for. (See Wikipedia for details.)
The specific reason may vary, here is a search result for SIGSEGV in UT99.org. (Maybe it is the "more-than-3-UdpServerUplinks-cash"? See thread Uplink mysteries for details.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

EDITED:
Thanks guys

Barbie is the winner. I had three in total, guess it does not like it.
I left only the utmaster.epcigames.com as the UDPServerUplink (had 3 in total) and now it boots up fine. Also shows in the master browser just fine.
Thank you :D

After updating the ip2country information the server no longer crashes after a minute or so.
All working fine. Just need to work out how names get populated in the ranking list. I guess that only happens after players actually complete a map etc?!
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Pileyrei wrote:Just need to work out how names get populated in the ranking list.
That is the responsible code in MH2ScoreBoard1.uc:

Code: Select all

simulated function ServerStats(Canvas Canvas) {
	Canvas.DrawText("1st"@PRI.Name1$" with"@PRI.Frags1$" points over"@PRI.G1$" games.", True);
I wonder why the value of "Frags1" is available but not of "Name1" for example...

According to class definition there should be a file "MonsterHunt2Gold.ini" with a section "MH2ScoreBoard1" where you should find the top ten players. Do they have Player Name, Frag Count and Game Count there?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

So that there were no pockets of lag the server rankings are computed whenever a map is finished. Scores are tallied, your lifetime stats are updated, then a new leaderboard is generated into the ini file. Let it run for a few games for it to gather enough data then worry if your stats don't start reflecting what you are doing. Play three or four super easy, quick maps (I always used Cliffs for instance) and watch your stats magically start working ;)

@Barbie: These stats were never meant to be inclusive or complete. It's much more a scaffold for admins to build what they want into it. That's why the source code was annotated and included with the download. It's quite easy to either add new stats or reorder the server rankings to use another metric besides absolute score. You could use 'Most monsters killed' just as easily.
So long, and thanks for all the fish