Running a MH server with NW3

Discussions about Servers
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Running a MH server with NW3

Post by Pileyrei »

Hello UT Legends

Been running MH503 for far too long. Finally have MH2Gold installed. Big shout out to @gopostal and everyone who contributed towards it.

I've added MH2Gold and NaliWeapons3 with very little to no tweaks. The problem I have is that maps are just too easy. The weapons are too strong and its no more than say three shots to the big bosses to kill them. Is it the fault of the maps, the weapons or both? I'm happy to tweak the NaliWeapons but don't really want a nuke taking 100 damage off a monster with 10000 health.

Is there a way to increase monster health in maps or is that only done at the time of making the map?
Or does it mean its time to install maps with insane monster health? :noidea

If anyone has any NW3 and/or MH2Gold ini's they could share with me I'd be mega grateful - plus any must have MH maps :)
Any additional comments, advice or tips will also be gratefully received.

Greetings
Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Running a MH server with NW3

Post by JackGriffin »

Hit me up and I'll let you FTP copy my entire MH2 NW3 server. There's nothing like seeing the edited files from another server and seeing what they change. My server is OP too but because of the range of monsters in the MH maps made for NW3 the weapons need to be strong in order for the maps to be playable.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Hey Jack

That would be awesome! It's like you say - just seeing another server config.

Sadly our server hosts many servers if that makes sense (Linux) and we physically cannot upgrade it any more. Not the world's greatest CPU and only 4GB RAM.
I've dumbed down some of the NW3 settings like the water splashes etc that can hog the CPU. Seems to cope ok for now :)

I don't see an email address here but assume the one in mh2gold is good?
Either way would be great if you could provide me a link to your setup for me to copy over and study :gj:

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Email me and I'll hook you right up. agutgopostal at hotmail (or gmail) dot com. You are welcome to look at anything you think might help you out. You can even copy the server and edit it to your liking/setup.
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Thanks, two emails sent :tu:

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Sorry it took so long, it's been one of those days that just seems to never wind down. Anyway I emailed you back with FTP access so feel free to take the entire server if you want. The only thing I ask is that you respect any personal information you would find in there and ask me about any modding you might find that you don't know what it is. I use that server to test UT stuff so there's bound to be odds and ends stuff scattered about. Some of it works, some of it is crap. You are welcome to all of it but ask me and I'll tell you if it's worth your effort.
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Hi Jack

Big thanks! I'm no modder so won't be changing anything. This really will just be for reference and learning.

Cheers
P

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Well there are things in it like a Christmas version of MH2 you may want to use at some point.
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Fantastic :)

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!