UnrealShare error!

Discussions about Servers
Fastbreak92
Novice

UnrealShare error!

Post by Fastbreak92 »

Hi guys , im new here I just subscribed... Onestly i didn't know there was a UT99 online community like this ... I find it cool and well organized , my compliments to the admins ...
I'm here basically because yesterday i was trying to play online on one of the most populated server (game:capture the flag) , it required some new files (*.dll) to download and i did it and after that it succesfully connected to the server but after few seconds of game i was "kicked out" of it...
The error occurred was :
[ACEv08g] : You have been kicked from the server because the following file is unknown:
[ACEv08g] : File = UnrealShare ( ../System/UnrealShare.u )
[ACEv08g] : Please reinstall the original file and then come back

P.S ( I had the 400 version and this type of error never occurred; however the number of servers the game was able to find was too low so i patched the game to the version 436 and then i tryed to play receving what i described above. I'm sorry for my bad english and i thank in advance all the users who will type me back . Hugs
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: UnrealShare error!

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Just for comfirmation sake, you have now patched the game to 436 and still receiving that, correct?

Welcome to the forums Fastbreak92! :tu:
Fastbreak92
Novice

Post by Fastbreak92 »

correct man ... after the patch i was happy to see that the game could find many more servers , but some of these servers are now reporting me this kind of error ....

------MERGED by Dr.Flay------ Please do not double-post

This is the screenshot of the error :)
Attachments
profilo.jpg
profilo.jpg (20.61 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
Last edited by Dr.Flay on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

What is the checksum of your UnrealShare.u file? The SHA1 hash for mine is 627582dfc509b5017f10e6d7a8503fe5a11ed03e.

If you don't know a program that supports a checksum, try this under Windows:
1) Open a command prompt
2) type the following:

Code: Select all

certUtil -hashfile Path\To\UT\System\UnrealShare.u SHA1
[/size]
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Fastbreak92
Novice

Post by Fastbreak92 »

HI BARBIE THE CHECKSUM WAS DIFFERENT .. ANYWAY I HAVE RESOLVED BY PUTTING ANOTHER unrealshare.u FILE INTO THE SYSTEM FOLDER ... here is the link where i found it (it toke a hour to find it on the web)
http://www.unrealteam.de/forum/viewtopi ... 421b8194b9
Everybody out there with this kind of problem try to patch the game and then replace the file that caused the kick with the good one. ;)
Thanks Barbie and UnrealGecko for the replies :)
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

We allow you to edit your old posts, so please re-use your last post if nobody else has posted yet.
After 24 hours we don't mind.
Please visit the site rules linked in my signature.