MH Entire Server Download?

Discussions about Servers
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: MH Entire Server Download?

Post by JackGriffin »

<This one's for Carbon. I'd do anything for that dude, he's one of the good guys.>

Alright guys, this is one time only. I'm creating a Sync folder for you to download the MH server backup. It's huge, nearly 20gb so don't ask if you aren't going to use it. Go backup someone else's shit, you have all these files anyway. There's nothing new to see in it.

I'm only approving people to join that I know. If I've never Synced with you before then you better email me what your computer's name is so I'll approve it. I don't do PM's and I'm not going to explain what Sync is. Google it you lazy fuck. Oh yeah better add that ;) so everyone knows I was only kidding :roll: ...I really *don't* think you are lazy or a fuck. ;) (emphasis added)

Link: https://link.getsync.com/#f=ShareThese& ... 54Z5&v=2.4
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

The guy who never stops giving. Thanks Jack...connecting when ready. I know we have synched (sunk? sank?) before, but my Win10 PCs name is "Itso" (after a great Cat Stevens album)....have we done this since I installed 10? Not sure. I'm probably the only Korean-based connectee, I would think. Then again....some bad actors here...
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Sorry for the previous post. I was way too high to be posting :oops: , wtf was I saying? Welp, anyway it looks like I'm committed and I guess I'm sharing this stuff. I'll approve you as soon as I see you connected Carbon.

Anyone else wants this you better hop on and grab it. I'm not leaving this running for very long.
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

JackGriffin wrote:Sorry for the previous post. I was way too high to be posting :oops: , wtf was I saying? Welp, anyway it looks like I'm committed and I guess I'm sharing this stuff. I'll approve you as soon as I see you connected Carbon.

Anyone else wants this you better hop on and grab it. I'm not leaving this running for very long.
Alright pending approval. Just saw this now so hopefully you are still running this thing.

thanks @JackGriffin !
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Sending to you Silver. Hope it helps you out. Carbon, I still don't see your join.
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

JackGriffin wrote:Sending to you Silver. Hope it helps you out. Carbon, I still don't see your join.
It's weird. I got 10gigs of it. Missing a lot I'm guessing. No exe. Claims to be done. @JackGriffin
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

SilverSound wrote:No exe
Is there a "ucc-bin" in SYSTEM folder? Probably it's for Linux then, not for Windows. But maybe it can be run by putting the proper EXE and DLLs in there.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

Barbie wrote:
SilverSound wrote:No exe
Is there a "ucc-bin" in SYSTEM folder? Probably it's for Linux then, not for Windows. But maybe it can be run by putting the proper EXE and DLLs in there.
Well actually it looks like the file sync stoped before it could finish. Because there are no files starting with "u". Well there are 2 but they are "U4ez" and "u2k-"

Plus Jack said there was 20 gigs. I only have 10gigs of it. So there has to be missing stuff.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

For sure relax some. I needed to pause the Sync so we could watch some Netflix without it buffering every 5 seconds. Transferring this large a set of files is a royal pain in the ass because it soaks my upload.

You can trust me, I've done this before. You won't get half a server or incomplete stuff, I don't do that. Now go drink a beer and stop watching this to be done. Everyone else (except Carbon if you still want it) is shit out of luck. This is too large to keep sending to anyone else.

Edit: Silver, are you kidding me? Now the Sync is reset to zero? Did you go moving all the files out and not copy them out? Oi vey....No one has any fucking patience to wait and ask. I just wasted all day worth of uploading to you because you couldn't be patient and talk to me.

I'm done. Get it from someone else.
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

JackGriffin wrote:For sure relax some. I needed to pause the Sync so we could watch some Netflix without it buffering every 5 seconds. Transferring this large a set of files is a royal pain in the ass because it soaks my upload.

You can trust me, I've done this before. You won't get half a server or incomplete stuff, I don't do that. Now go drink a beer and stop watching this to be done. Everyone else (except Carbon if you still want it) is shit out of luck. This is too large to keep sending to anyone else.
I'm not old enough for a drink. (gotta wait a few months till 21)

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I just didn't know you stoped it. Thought I got fugged by the program haha :lol2: .
JackGriffin wrote:Edit: Silver, are you kidding me? Now the Sync is reset to zero? Did you go moving all the files out and not copy them out? Oi vey....No one has any fucking patience to wait and ask. I just wasted all day worth of uploading to you because you couldn't be patient and talk to me.

I'm done. Get it from someone else.
EDIT:I think you should be the one to chill. It's actually fine. I did move files, but because my C drive is for windows and only has 30 gigs for OS. The Sync setup didn't listen to my settings. I edited the file destination and Restarted the sync. It should just index what it has and start where it left off.

Which it was doing before you stoped it again. The Download isn't stupid. It knows exactly what it has downloaded and what it hasn't.

You just saw it before I changed the settings. It's not cool to jump to conclusions.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

You know... you could setup a torrent lol.
No need to burden all the upload yourself.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I have downloaded a torrent MH a few years ago - I don't know if it is still active. I'm not having any account in any torrent site... you know "rules" and crap with Copy_Manure even with people's work around...
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

I guess I missed it, sorry Jack. I'm back at work and really have little time to have the home PC on...totally my problem...loads of teaching hours this semester. Ah well, another time mate, no worries and I really appreciate the efforts! :tu:
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

SilverSound wrote:It's not cool to jump to conclusions.
I couldn't agree more:
SilverSound wrote: Well actually it looks like the file sync stoped before it could finish. Because there are no files starting with "u". Well there are 2 but they are "U4ez" and "u2k-"

Plus Jack said there was 20 gigs. I only have 10gigs of it. So there has to be missing stuff.
You also didn't take the time to read about how Sync works either:
SilverSound wrote:The Download isn't stupid. It knows exactly what it has downloaded and what it hasn't.
Had I not locked my end from someone doing something stupid your "moving around of files" would have deleted the files from my end too. That's why it's called Syncing. It's also precisely why I said:
JackGriffin wrote:I'm not going to explain what Sync is. Google it you lazy fuck.
This is why I like to deal with people I know who take the time to listen. Carbon, you email me whenever you are ready and I'll send you the server. We can do it overnight my time if you don't mind so it doesn't kill my connection.

Oh and:
Higor wrote:You know... you could setup a torrent lol.
No need to burden all the upload yourself.
I think I'll pass on creating and hosting a highly illegal torrent that shares a large companies IP with anyone that wants it and clearly identifies me as the super seeder. Call me crazy, I know.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Jack and @SilverSound calm down.
Jack gets a beer and Silver a warm milk. :mrgreen:

So... Silver, Sync is like you both share the exact same folder. What ever you do to this folder happens for Jack as well. It's the most efficient way to work on a project. I made the mistake to relocate files once, because I just drag and dropped them into my UT folder without noticing that both were on the same HDD. That deletes/moves everything out of jacks folder as well.
I had to put it back without Jack noticing anything, hopefully :ironic:
Just copy the content and let everything stay in that folder till the other side says that you got everything. Then close the connection.