ACE V10E

Discussions about Servers
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

ACE V10E

Post by Pileyrei »

Has anyone successfully installed the latest ACE on a Linux server? In particular from gameservers.com?

After installing everything my server boots up just fine.
You get the screen to download and install the new components.

But when myself or anyone else joins you get a run time error and UT crashes.
I have made sure my FTP client (FileZilla) is set to Binary mode for uploads. Gameservers have adjusted my server so that a version of glibc greater than 2.15 is running.

I'm at work now so will post a screenshot later.

Would like to hear if anyone else has had problems installing it.
I was also told that you cannot to back to ACE 08H after installing 10 without wiping your server and starting over?? Anyone know if that is true?

Thanks
Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
ShaiHulud
Adept

Re: ACE V10E

Post by ShaiHulud »

I tried out ACE 1.0e on our server, and subsequently decided to regress to 0.8h - and it didn't cause any problems, it was just a little messy to modify the UnrealTournament.ini file.
From memory, I:

1) Stopped the server
2) Opened the ACE 1.0e zip file I'd downloaded to see the full list of files included in the package, and then deleted exactly these files from the UT System folder
3) Edited the UnrealTournament.ini file and removed all of the entries under [Engine.GameEngine] (ServerPackages/ServerActors) that mentioned "NPLoader" or "ACE"
4) Deleted the [ACEv10e_S.ACEActor] and [NPLoader_....NPLActor] sections (I'm not sure exactly how these are labelled under ACE1.0e, but it'll be something along these lines). This isn't necessary, but just to remove the superfluous sections
5) Opened the ACE 0.8h zip file I'd downloaded and repeated the installation process - basically copy the included files to the System folder, and then restart the server, wherein ACE'll do the work of inserting itself back into the UT.ini file

...but just to be on the safe side, it'd be a good idea to make a backup of your UnrealTournament.ini file, and perhaps create a "backup" folder under System, and copy all of the ACE 1.0e files there instead of deleting them.
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Thanks very much for the detailed reply. Just a little frustrated at the moment and am struggling to work out why it's not working.

I'm going to start over again to make sure I have not missed anything.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Not sure why you posted this here when there is a thread over there -> http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=31841
lol. I see you posted there too. Shame.

Never got gameservers, they are too bad imo experience wise back in 2011-2012 so I couldn't bother dealing with another gameservers issue.
However, I did used a VDS linux for a bit but not much going on. Still kept getting the ace shutdown activity somehow.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

I know posting everywhere is not ideal but I wanted to post here as well as I was hopeful others could help.
Ive already had a few helpful PM's so I don't feel any shame :)

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!