UnrealTeamDe server hit the bottom, really

Discussions about Servers
TammT
Average

UnrealTeamDe server hit the bottom, really

Post by TammT »

I really did not expect that ever will dedicate thread to some UT99 server, but yes, it is now so utterly bad that I just need to write about.
I guess that there will be some who will defend it, and that's normal, because as it is now, it is good for some 'players' .
So, let start at last: until yesterday, player could freeze forever there. Nothing against inactive players on. What was abused by many. Some stayed connected over hours, doing nothing - probably away from computer. And then they added counter measure, but it is done so lame that if you don't respawn in half sec will start with warnings :loool: And max freeze time in game is some 3 secs - then messages, kick after some 12 secs. 2x in row, you can not reconnect that map. Or they wanted to make players to chat less, or who knows what is in their sick minds. Yes, sick - look those bot names.
But much bigger problem is extremely large overall cheat - there are some known, notorious cheaters, and yet, none is banned. Some even became part of UnrealTeam, it seems. Latest 'in' is to play with some other, known player's nick.
Things are that it is one of rare servers where I have decent connection (far from ideal), so my choice is pretty limited. And there is plenty of maps.

Speed problems - I discussed huge speed differences in other thread here. And on this server it is very present problem. I got some new feedback variant from one of way too fast players: "I pay 3x more for Internet than U, so yes, I'm faster' . Actually, it has some sense, although, of course more expensive means not automatically better connection. In my city I know regions where can have cheaper and better Internet. It is just that no real free market here, some have monopol in this part of town.
I will name one of biggest cheaters: timk. He is from Russia if can believe to shown flag. First thing you can see is his ping: around 250. And he plays extremely fast. with extra fast response. Check yourself if not believe. Usual ping of Russian players is about 80-90. Now, someone may come with: Russia is big, so some player from Asian part can have such ping. Yes, true, but he can not play so fast with that ping. Try to play with ping of 250 on some distant server, and will see what I talk about. Even with 0 ping (as server tool), there will be obvious delays on many cases. So, his ping is fake, and that works very well combined with 0 ping - other players getting slowdowns.
I can even imagine that he is good with admin, that even pays for ... because I seen his profile, and he is reach mans kid. Yes, yes, crazy speculations, but that server is just crazy. Can not e-mail admin. But there are players good with current admin, who is most likely not one shown. And I'm sure that he is cheater too. Otherwise all it makes no sense.
It is just shame for community having server so low in fairplay support, wich does nothing against ridiculous speed differences. All is just that admin(s) and his friends feel there good. Not rare case actually. I guess that idiotic short freeze times will be corrected soon, since admin friends already complained. And that will be all, other crap will stay there until there is someone paying for host.
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Re: UnrealTeamDe server hit the bottom, really

Post by nogardilaref »

This again?

JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

The game is dead, go find something else to play. It's just not worth getting upset over.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
TammT
Average

Post by TammT »

JackGriffin wrote:The game is dead, go find something else to play. It's just not worth getting upset over.
I'm sorry, who us upset and why ?
Game is not dead, people's brain is dead, that's why it sucks.

Ah, and nice little video, with stupid text added - hey, it's same guy who claimed that it is bot on my video :loool: Some just won't see that Moon is not square :lol2: Fyi: watch timk - extra fast, and in some rare cases he even chats. But more frequently just leaves if map is not at his taste - read: can not win on. Although, he learns gradually, and will be soon annoyance on all maps. But I will be not there for sure. Just found some beautiful server ....
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

This thread can be closed or merged with the other "why is speed comp so bad" thread. :|
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

papercoffee wrote:This thread can be closed or merged with the other "why is speed comp so bad" thread. :|
Agreed!