map crashes some servers

Discussions about Servers
Barbie
Godlike

map crashes some servers

Post by Barbie »

<edit>
Topic is solved: use switchlevel to load another map and not open.
</edit>
I have a test map for multiple proposes and recently I wanted to load it at my server online - but now the map crashes the server. Several months ago the map run fine there, and my local "template" server runs it currently fine, too. (The online server is a copy of my local template server where I test stuff before I take it on line. Of course some small differences are there in INI files concerning redirect server, debug level and such. Another difference is the underlying OS: online is running an Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS 64 bit, the local server is running Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS 32 Bit.)

Maybe someone can have a look what's wrong with that map? (-> Download, 3 MiB)
Thanks.

The server's complete log is on pastebin. I guess the most important part is
[SCF] Developer backtrace (9):
[SCF] 000: ./Engine.so(ReceivedRawBunch__8UChannelR8FInBunch+0x3a5) [0xb753588d]
[SCF] 001: ./Engine.so(ReceivedPacket__14UNetConnectionR10FBitReader+0x101d) [0xb7547de1]
[SCF] 002: ./Engine.so(ReceivedRawPacket__14UNetConnectionPvi+0x1e0) [0xb7545d78]
[SCF] 003: ./IpDrv.so(TickDispatch__13UTcpNetDriverf+0x1053) [0xb6b41cdb]
[SCF] 004: ./Engine.so(Tick__6ULevel10ELevelTickf+0x2b5) [0xb759288d]
[SCF] 005: ./Engine.so(Tick__11UGameEnginef+0x4d5) [0xb756f1cd]
[SCF] 006: ./Engine.so(Main__17UServerCommandletPCc+0x333) [0xb75595c7]
[SCF] 007: ./ucc-bin(main+0x28ed) [0x804f981]
[SCF] 008: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf3) [0xb6e24af3]
Last edited by Barbie on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: map crashes some servers

Post by JackGriffin »

Does your map have a teleporter set up to send the player away from the server? This looks kind of like the same error I got when trying to set up a hub server.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This ?

Code: Select all

DoesNotExist#TeleporterDestBase
VisibleTeleporter4
Now we have to learn mappers how to crash servers if map it's not in owner's location and was stolen :lol2:.
Good Hint :ironic: .
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

JackGriffin wrote:Does your map have a teleporter set up to send the player away from the server?
Yes, it has, but the map crashes also if I remove the URL.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Physically remove the teleporter and rebuild the map. I'll bet that fixes your issue. If you need a teleporter that doesn't crash you let me know. I spent a week working that problem out for MH.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

JackGriffin wrote:Physically remove the teleporter and rebuild the map. I'll bet that fixes your issue.
Even without that teleporter (and rebuild) the map crashes.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Sorry dude, that's not it then. You didn't exceed the 3 master servers did you? That's the only other thing I can think of. You are running a ton of mods, it's really hard to diagnose from a distance when there's so much potential for conflict in there. Server crash fix doesn't like something for sure though. You might try dumping the mod load and seeing if it still crashes so you can surely know it's something in the map and not a relationship problem.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

So a player connection is crashing the server in that specific map...
Reminds me of that UnrealKillers map where everyone gets disconnected for no reason.

These cases could be studied more in depth.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Higor wrote:So a player connection is crashing the server in that specific map...
Bingo. And the crash is not caused by my test map, it happened with every other map I tried. And it also happens now on the template server. Yesterday the kind I was loading the map was different on public and private server: If I start the server with that map to load initially, it is opened fine. I can join then and play the map. But - if I am already logged in and load a map manually via

adminlogin
admin open AnyMap
the server crashes. And that even without mutators or custom ServerActors like NexGen, ServerCrashFix_v11, IpToCountry and ServerAdds:
UnrealTournament.ini wrote:[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
So I guess my MonsterHunt version or BaseMutator is broken? :noidea
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:So I guess my MonsterHunt version or BaseMutator is broken? :noidea
I don't know what you did and how but definitely a problem exist somewhere in all that load.
For the record if you recall map 3072-Floorways_whatever (revised rv1) and the whole discussion about it as making classes changes that can be seen later in other maps (perhaps... is the same with SwarmSpawner, ANY....). That "awesome" Server do seems unable to remove garbage objects properly keeping assets from old level and their properties - this is a CANCER in a way. I loaded that map in 3 Win servers and I did not see any Left-Over objects/properties sitting screwed like that, next map being entirely initialized properly - that is my test map for a rental service - about what server is provided. The LogPickup do looks like nothing is being fixed - logging junks when monsters are getting weapons... There is still some work to do around your mods and ways of doing... :? Take a look at other way toward logging, these are "defaultproperties" from whatever mod which I'm using - I should allow mutators to manage this but...

GameReplicationInfoClass=Class'MH_A_V3.MonsterReplicationInfo2'
   AdminPassword=ChangeMe
   StatLogClass=Class'MH_A_V3.MHLogFile'
Definitely MHLogFile won't log garbage calls to un-existent PlayerReplicationInfo. In this way I can give a weapon to every single monster and I assure you that there are moments when monster will fire weapon - very confirmed.
Else nowadays I'm using "UseSound=False" in any server as long as for me there is no logic to have a sound in server. What for ? I don't know if this is useful or not but definitely place-holder files used have been replaced. If service restored them I went ahead to deploy my files in other paths declared letting them to restore "original content" aka WC stuff (Credits.utx, etc) until Christmas and 10 years from now on.
Are these maps having extra-properties which UT doesn't have because of editing "Software" used for them... materials, shaders, un-existent texture blocks called, etc. etc. ? Are these done by mappers or by clowns having no clue what they do... ? These are other questions which need answers... How are mapped properties/objects when UT has references to something which doesn't exist ? I'm curious to find answers as well, oh, I can't wait to find answers.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I tried the same you did, initiating a mapchange after adminlogin and using the "admin open" command. Then my server crashes too at the same log position, so I am sure it has not to do something with your maps, perhaps not with your MH Mod too.
But... I never used this command before. Why you not change your map with mapvote, then you should not have any issues. Thats the reason it was never really a problem for me.

EDIT:
Now I found an old thread from 2004: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6738
So the command you have to use is "switchlevel" and not "open".
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bingo ! So it's about a wrong ConsoleCommand... which I never used...
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Yep, this goes back to the malformed command I referenced with the teleporter. It's the way MH is coded. If you remove a player by sending them out of the game and not by normal join/leave MH crashes. Nexgen commands to kick a player or send them to another server do it properly so it's why this hardly ever comes up.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:So the command you have to use is "switchlevel" and not "open".
Argl... Thanks. :)
(First post expanded.)