ComboGib >GRAPPLE< Server <//UrS//> - We are back!

Discussions about Servers
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

ComboGib >GRAPPLE< Server <//UrS//> - We are back!

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Please excuse the shameless copy & paste of this advertisement; it is mainly aimed at former players of our server. But also unfamiliar faces are more than welcome to check it out :)
-------------------------
ursBack.jpg
Your favorite UT99 server has made its return!

After a 4 year hiatus, we have reopened our beloved ComboGib Grapple server. You will find everything as we left it back in 2015. This means same maps, same setup, same rankings.

The diehard members of <//UrS//> are still playing the game, and eventually brought more of us back. If you were a regular on our server, or if your UT icon is getting dusty, this is the perfect opportunity to get out your equipment and hop back in. Get the server crowded and relive the great fun we used to have!

We have also resurrected our website, including the complete UTStats archive from 2009-2015. Don't miss to check it out, and while you are at it, remember that we have resetted the ranking now. This is the perfect opportunity to show that you still got it!

We will be on the server this evening and are looking forward to see some old, familiar faces again!

www.unrealriders.eu

Server IP: 50.3.71.234:7777
Server Location: Germany
Server Rankings: Here
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Re: ComboGib >GRAPPLE< Server <//UrS//> - We are back!

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

It's funny, 2 days ago I randomly came across a short clip of nali_angle playing on the old urs server after not seeing anything for years.

You should probably get a Discord channel, most UT communities use them.
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

I also just realized we are not even 3 weeks away from UT's 20 year anniversary. Seems like the time really has come for a return!

Yeah, I guess we should get on Discord, thx for the hint :)
Website, Forum & UTStats

UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

Hopefully UT 469 comes out at around the same type :)

Is the server reg combogib like before? I've missed playing on non newnet/zp servers, some maps are much more playable with people getting less kills.
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Setup is the same as it used to be - no NN or zp. Except for an update to ACEv11d.
Website, Forum & UTStats

UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

Package "Sky" is not on the redirect.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

This is great news, it's nice to see you guys again, thanks for setting up the server. Will the UrS forum become publicly available in due course? There's a technical issue with ACE that's preventing a server join for someone.
I'm not certain whether it's a problem with the ACE installer, or with the DLLs themselves. I suppose I should query this with Anthrax, but I know he's got his hands full at the moment with the 469 stuff.
The client is running on Windows XP in this instance, so perhaps that's significant somehow, I don't know whether the 1.1d build has been tested on that platform.

EDIT: having just read Sniper's post in the XC_engine ACE kicking for game minimized thread, perhaps this will be solved by the 1.1e release, so will wait and see.
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Thanks for the kind words, Shai. I'm unsure whether there is a demand to reopen the forum (i.e. how many people will use it anyway). It's setup that news can be posted, and all archived topics can be read as well. Player communication is also possible via our Facebook page, and we might consider getting on discord, as this seems to be the place nowadays.

About ACE: I wanted to give the new version a try. From what I see so far, only Sniper has been a false positive kick, but there has also been at least 1 timeout during initial checks logged (maybe we are talking about the same person). Knowing that v1.1e is not far away is a great thing, and I think we will wait for that and see how it goes. Removing it is quite a risk, as we are not in a position anymore with admin around all the time to remove obvious aimbotters.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Gonzales
Novice

Post by Gonzales »

Another trash-server full of aimbotters, asking the <//UrS//> admins to remove aimbotters, you getting funny bullshit answers like "they are not aimbotters". Such trash-servers (UrS) shouldn't be allowed to be advertised on UT99.ORG I think...You can read a full version of my comment here: https://hofgamingclan.com/forums/viewto ... 2518#p2518. Have fun reading the whole thread likewise.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

You think skall and driver are aimbotters, nice troll, if you turn your monitor on you might get more than a kill a minute.

Going to take a guess and bet you are one of those players that have never updated your ut drivers/settings and your game runs horribly, so you think other people are cheating because they took 5 minutes to update UT instead of using 20 year old settings?
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Gonzales, you should remember that this game is 20+ years old and people who are still around have played probably a decade longer than you. I understand that playing against skilled players can be frustrating, but my advise to you is that you should leave the server in this case. And if you can't accept that there are more skilled players on the server, just don't come back and go play somewhere else. Fortunately, the UT playerbase appears to be still broad enough that players with different skill levels gather around on other servers. Calling us a "trash-server", accusing admins of allowing aimbotters, which are in fact well known regulars for us who and have been around for a long time, doesn't put you into the best light.

On a side note, we are running the latest version of ACE and the two players you accused of aimbotting are not the most strongest persons regulary visiting the server.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Gonzales
Novice

Post by Gonzales »

@UT Sniper (SJA94)

Go troll elsewhere or at least stop suggesting such crap things, I don't use 20 yo driver/settings, I use new OpenGL 3.7 & D3D9 renderers, and I use fine tuned custom control settings, and my game runs perfectly smooth, and I'm not a noob in this game (that's what you are trying to prove I think).

@Sp0ngeb0b

Go troll elsewhere or at least stop suggesting such crap things, I'm not frustrated due to losing to stronger players, and what you're saying about the latest ACE installed on UrS server is stupid because everybody knows that ACE stops free public cheats only and is bypassed by premium aimbots, so are you trying to smartly troll by letting others think that there are no cheates on UrS server just because it has ACE installed? You failed then.
Sp0ngeb0b wrote: and the two players you accused of aimbotting are not the most strongest persons regulary visiting the server.
Sure... because there are even stronger AIMBOTTERS like <//UrS//>Anaconda.
Sp0ngeb0b wrote:Calling us a "trash-server", accusing admins of allowing aimbotters, which are in fact well known regulars for us who and have been around for a long time,
Sp0ngeb0b wrote:for us
For you (UrS) only...not a real argument as every of you (UrS) will say the same bullshit that aimbotters on UrS server are "well known regulars".
Sp0ngeb0b wrote: doesn't put you into the best light.
- calling me a troll
- calling me a player with a score per minute
- insinuating me old/bad/noob drivers/settings/game running horribly
- insinuating me being frustrated due to losing to better players
- trying to show me as a noob
- running trash-server
- defending aimbotters on UrS server
- ugly trolling and lying
- trying to fool everybody that ACE on UrS server will stop cheaters, despite everybody knows that latest premium cheats bypass ACE.

..doesn't put you (both) into the best light...better find better argumentation rather than starting a personal flame-war at me.

Guys, I appreciate your jokes and your failed attempts to ugly troll and undermine me, to make me look like a noob etc, and to support aimbotters on UrS server but... your both's replies are typical bullshit & crap being repeated X times over and over by ulgy aimbotters and their friends who defend them, I already answered such replies in the linked thread directing to HOF forum, and I'm tired hearing this bullshit over and over again, and replying to it over and over again, perhaps you go and read the whole thread. It's very sad seeing <//UrS//> players (including admins) ugly lying and defending aimbotters on UrS server. But that's not a news for me, aimbotters are as ugly liers as cheaters. No matter how much you will try to troll the truth, you won't change a sad fact that there are aimbotters on UrS server and you're supporting them instead of ban them. It's most likely that more and more persons will troll in this thread and defend aimbotters, by repeating the same crap at me, like suggesting me "being a noob with old/bad drivers/settings running game horribly" or "being frustrated losing to better players" bla bla bla, these are not real arguments, it's just hard trolling going on here at me by people who have interest of defending aimbotters...most probably I don't enjoy talking to trolls. Before anybody else post a personal bullshit at me in this thread, please take a breath, and then go and read the whole HOF thread, linked in my previous post, then take a breath, again, think what you want to say, and say that, just don't post personal bullshit at me, no need flame-wars here.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

Gonzales wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:08 pm @UT Sniper (SJA94)

Go troll elsewhere or at least stop suggesting such crap things, I don't use 20 yo driver/settings, I use new OpenGL 3.7 & D3D9 renderers, and I use fine tuned custom control settings, and my game runs perfectly smooth, and I'm not a noob in this game (that's what you are trying to prove I think).
You got beat by average players so you flame them, you then flame the admin because you got beat by average players, you then get banned, so you then flame them on multiple forums because you can't admit you are wrong. That's all I'm seeing. And FYI that screenshot on that forum proves my theory that your UT looks/performs horrible.

You shot 211 times, and you hit a total of 10 players? You miss over 95% of your shots and you claim that you know what you are talking about.

And I just noticed that you are posing screenshots of Driver playing against novice bots on a server to prove he's cheating? Yeah you have no clue, take this from someone who is on an anti cheat team, and someone that can make cheats to show how to spot them in demos.

ShaiHulud wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:02 am This is great news, it's nice to see you guys again, thanks for setting up the server. Will the UrS forum become publicly available in due course? There's a technical issue with ACE that's preventing a server join for someone.
I'm not certain whether it's a problem with the ACE installer, or with the DLLs themselves. I suppose I should query this with Anthrax, but I know he's got his hands full at the moment with the 469 stuff.
The client is running on Windows XP in this instance, so perhaps that's significant somehow, I don't know whether the 1.1d build has been tested on that platform.

EDIT: having just read Sniper's post in the XC_engine ACE kicking for game minimized thread, perhaps this will be solved by the 1.1e release, so will wait and see.
Not sure if you have seen the post I made at the unrealriders forum, If you want to play on their server, run the game via UnrealTournament.ext and no XC_Launch.exe to stop the kicks.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Not sure if you have seen the post I made at the unrealriders forum, If you want to play on their server, run the game via UnrealTournament.ext and no XC_Launch.exe to stop the kicks.
Thanks Sniper, appreciate the tip
Gonzales
Novice

Post by Gonzales »

@UT Sniper (SJA94)

Man...I don't flame anybody, I see you repeating the same crap like Sp0ngeb0b's crap about me being unable to lose to other / better players, despite I already replied that I have completely no problem with losing to better players and that I love this game and I enjoy both winning and losing. Please guys go elsewhere with your theory about me being frustrated or flaming others, the only frustrated players are these who suck so bad that they have to use aimbot and cheat to feel better. Find other argumentation please.

As for me "got beat by average players", not true, why don't you just simply look at the scoreboard score/pts (https://i.ibb.co/F6m84qY/Shot0016-URS.png) instead of digging up some statistics to display some parameters showing me in the worst possible light, do anybody pay you for trolling me? There were 7 players in the game, excluding two obvious aimbotters in blue team, we have 5 players left, and looking at the scoreboard scores/pts I'm in the middle (place nr 3 out of 5), moreover - looking at me and Patrunjelul.ro scrs/pts we seem to be equal bearing in mind the fact that I joined the game a little later so it seem that me and him being equally at 2nd place out of 5, so definately I aint got beat by anybody other than <<//UrS//>>Rey which seem to be above average. Also if there were no aimbotters in the game, I could achieve far better results. You definately like / have an interest to try to make me look like a noob, what you were trying in your previous posts already as well, please for the god's sake go troll elsewhere. As the opposite to your single screenshoot with statistics you provided, I can provide a similiar, today's game (clean game without aimbotters): https://i.ibb.co/TMtJH2t/Shot0000.gif Does the above screenshot means I aint "got beat by average players" anymore? Woaah, it even shows me as the best player in the game, what with your "got beat by average players" theory then? Not the first time I'm nr 1 in a match, just remove these fu...ng aimbotters, as they, with their hiper-super fake scores, make fair skilled players looking average. Please go troll elsewhere.

Saw my screenshoots showing Driver, Skall and pitok aimbotters? (perhaps you can find <<//UrS>>Anaconda screenshoots as well somewhere in previous posts):
https://hofgamingclan.com/forums/viewto ... 2518#p2518 (<== this one you saw already)
https://hofgamingclan.com/forums/viewto ... 2524#p2524 (<== new ones)
There is too much evidence already, your trolling will not stop the truth, no matter how much you will try to troll.
Last edited by Gonzales on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.