Nexgen Server Controller

Discussions about Servers
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Nexgen Server Controller

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Since the old official thread over at unrealadmin is outdated and shows dead links, I thought it would be a good idea to start an up-to-date thread for server admins to find everything they need to control their server in 2020:

Nexgen Server Controller v1.12

Description

Nexgen is a mod for dedicated Unreal Tournament servers to facilitate server administration tasks. Rather than having the execute console commands or edit configuration files, Nexgen allows server administrators to change settings and perform actions in game via an user friendly interface. Nexgen also provides several useful features that are commonly desired, such as spawn protection, message logging and a ban system. The complete feature set is quite extensive and can best be studied by looking at all the available options in the Nexgen control panel interface. Finally Nexgen has support for plugins so that extra features can be added.

Impressions
ImageImage
ImageImage
More images

Official releases by Defrost (GitHub) (no longer maintained)
  • Nexgen112 - The core of the Nexgen Server Controller and plugin framework.
  • NexgenPlus100 - Extension plugin that adds a number of extra features to Nexgen.
  • NexgenStatsViewer105 - Plugin that shows the top (UTStats/Node UTStats) player rankings.
  • NexgenModConfig101 - Provides an easy method for editing the settings of mods and mutators through an ingame GUI (instead of issueing console commands or editing .ini files.
  • NexgenGLS106 - Nexgen Global Login System: a plugin which requires players joining the server to login first.
  • ServerAffiliates - I am not providing this plugin here since it is regularly exploited by server admins to manipulate the favorites of their players.

Plugins by Sp0ngeb0b (GitHub) (no longer actively developed)
  • NexgenABM - Advanced ban manager for Nexgen, allows banning by hostname and hardware information.
  • NexgenACEExt* - Extension for Nexgen to cooperate with UT's latest anticheat; requires ACE.
  • NexgenATB - Auto Team Balancer integrated into the Nexgen controller.
  • NexgenPlayerLookup - Keeps track of all players connected to your server, their aliases, IP adresses and more.
  • NexgenTeamSpeakConnector - Connects your gameserver to a teamspeak 3 server and displays its live data.
Green colored packages are recommended by me for every Nexgen installation out there, as they are generally applicable to all use cases. *Note that NexgenACEExt will require your server to run ACE.

Unofficial release by Letylove49
  • Nexgen112N - Contains slight modifications of the core Nexgen controller package. Note that this requires different plugin packages!

Other plugins (maintenance status unknown/no longer maintained)
  • NexgenExtensions112 - Adds more commands to Nexgen, to make it easier to run a server (by {LSN}Meindratheal).
  • NexgenSendToWebsite112 - SendToWebsite enables you to add extra say commands to link to Internet pages (by {LSN}Meindratheal).
  • NexgenS112N_4E - SmartCTF stats recovery plugin specifically designed to work with Nexgen Server Controller Version 1.12N and SmartCTF_4E (by SC]-[LONG_{HoF}).
  • Nexgen_ClickBoardFix - ClickBoard/DeathMatchPlus CountDown Fix (by =(V)=Mar)
  • UniversalUnreal111 - Universal Unreal is a system by which players can better connect with each other for enhanced gameplay (by MSuLL). Note that officially, only Nexgen111 is supported; there exists an unofficial patch though.

Nexgen 1.13 development (postponed, can be picked up if desired)
Download archive

Feel free to link server admins to this page to give them a proper overview; also, we can use this thread for general support/questions/feedback/bug reports for the core Nexgen Controller.

An upcoming version 113 is currently considered was worked on, see this post for the WIP status. Please feel free to report 112 bugs or feature requests in this thread!
Last edited by Sp0ngeb0b on Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Letylove49
Adept

Re: Nexgen Server Controller

Post by Letylove49 »

UniversalUnreal111 - Universal Unreal

UniversalUnreal112
UniversalUnreal112N

for use it you must make a insall with Nexgen111 and after that you can upgrade to Nexgen112 or Nexgen112N

YOU CANNOT DIRECTELY UPGRADE FROM 112 TO 112N YOU MUST MAKE A NEW INSTALL WITH NEXGEN111 BEFORE TO UPGRADE TO NEXGEN112N

Letylove49 aka Alicia
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

I think i've mentioned this somewhere before, maybe in discord.

I would truly appreciate to see a chathud-only extraction from nexgen if possible.
It's the only feature i use from the controller itself, the chat hud.
Purely because it separates the deaths/kills from the chat, and the chat interval is longer etc.

I assume iam not the only one in this case, maybe I am!
Would truly appreciate a chathud only mutator. (keeping the ability to let clients turn it off)
Also purely because it will be way easier to manage in a mapvote with serverpackages.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

'Nexgen Global Login System: a plugin which requires players joining the server to login first.'

Oh how I've missed this part... I guess it's old and never got used much but I'm interested. UT-Files down atm...
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

@esnesi: Is there a reason to not run the controller, or is it only the reason that all other features are not needed? The HUD can be stripped from Nexgen's source code of course, but that that's something someone else has to do if he really wants to have a stand-alone HUD.

@Chamberly: Yeah I'm not aware that this plugin ever got used somewhere. It communicates with a backend (which, afaik, can also be a forum database) and therefore requires users to register on that website first.
Website, Forum & UTStats

esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Sp0ngeb0b wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:02 pm @esnesi: Is there a reason to not run the controller, or is it only the reason that all other features are not needed? The HUD can be stripped from Nexgen's source code of course, but that that's something someone else has to do if he really wants to have a stand-alone HUD.
Both.
I run a mapvote with 63 gametypes, not every gametype needs the controller.
Ofcourse i could add it to every CustomGameConfig which does need it, with it's packages and all.
But indeed, personally iam not in need of any other feature from Nexgen then the HUD.

I hope some more server owners can back me up on this, so that the demand might be bigger ;p
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

for the chat Nexgen112N hat a onglet Called "Chat Log" you can see only what the player say horewer this don't work if Nexgenhud is desabled. and i don't know how fix this.

Shot0156.gif

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

I assume the chat log in 112N uses some Nexgen HUD functions to retrieve the messages which obviously are not available when the HUD is disabled. You can fetch messages also in another way; I've implemented this chat log tab in my private plugin. If I happen to update NexgenPlus i will add the chat log tab panel in it for the public.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

on MHA release the ChatLog is directely on Nexgen112N and not on NexgenPlus100N

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

I know, but I would add the chat log tab to the official version via a plugin, as a stand-alone plugin would rather be overpowered so I think updating NexgenPlus might be useful. I could also fix the bug that emptry strings (e.g. in the server rules) are communicated faulty between client and server. And maybe bring back a fixed version of the bot control panel. But yeah, lots of ideas, just need to find the time :mrgreen:
Website, Forum & UTStats

Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

you want to do Nexgen113 since Nexgen112 instead Nexgen112N ? Nexgen112 desn't work well with Monsterhunt and you cannot use the UT settings for the hud color if this a teamgame like CTF or MH. His is the main reason why i have mad Nexgen112 Mha edition.

why no start with Nexgen112O (Private edition) and remove the chathud to Nexgen to add it to Nexgenplus ?
i fund that is good idea to make a Nexgen113 . I have some idea to submit.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Letylove49 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:55 pm Nexgen112 desn't work well with Monsterhunt and you cannot use the UT settings for the hud color if this a teamgame like CTF or MH. His is the main reason why i have mad Nexgen112 Mha edition.
Where is the incompatibility with MH? I've diffed quite some parts of the 112 code with 112N, but is there somwhere a complete list of changes? The HUD color is indeed hardcoded in Nexgen; I guess that a plugin might be able to hack-in its own derived version of the NexgenHUD to fix this; I can't guarantee it though.
Letylove49 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:55 pm why no start with Nexgen112O (Private edition) and remove the chathud to Nexgen to add it to Nexgenplus ?
i fund that is good idea to make a Nexgen113 . I have some idea to submit.
The thing is that releasing an update of a big mod like Nexgen is quite a task, especially since all plugin are directly dependent on it and require rereleases. There is a flood of downloads out there already and when releasing an update of the Nexgen core I would like to be double-sure that there is no way around it and if so that the changes are bug-free.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

Sp0ngeb0b wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:01 pm
Letylove49 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:55 pm Nexgen112 desn't work well with Monsterhunt and you cannot use the UT settings for the hud color if this a teamgame like CTF or MH. His is the main reason why i have mad Nexgen112 Mha edition.
Where is the incompatibility with MH? I've diffed quite some parts of the 112 code with 112N, but is there somwhere a complete list of changes? The HUD color is indeed hardcoded in Nexgen; I guess that a plugin might be able to hack-in its own derived version of the NexgenHUD to fix this; I can't guarantee it though.

the info fur the maps is not displayed on the center and you can miss it if your are many players on the maps or if you have many monster. i will put here screenshots with the message in question that will pehaps help you to understand what i think.

With Nexgen112
Shot0165.gif
With Nexgen112O
Shot0162.gif
if you use Nexgen12 the message in grean is display on the left in Orange and if you have many multikill message you could miss it is why i funt this bad and i think that sould be fixed like on the screenshot.

thib bug can be easy fixed with this : Got NexgenHUDWrapper.uc and NexgenHUDWrapperT.uc

Code: Select all

/

// Check class responsible for this message.
	bHandleByOriginalHUD = msgType == 'CriticalEvent' || msgType == 'MonsterCriticalEvent' ||
	                       client != none && !client.bUseNexgenMessageHUD;

Last edited by Letylove49 on Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Check out Unimatrix01 MH server. It have some weird stuff too with the blank lines on top and bottom.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

Chamberly wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:17 pm Check out Unimatrix01 MH server. It have some weird stuff too with the blank lines on top and bottom.
i have play on Unimatrix and i don't have saw any Blank lines. i have saw your are using Nexgen112D ( Firsrt public relase with MHA Logo). do you have a reason why you don't have ugrade to 112N?
Shot0168.gif

Letylove49 aka Alicia