Skin Troubles on My UT99 Server

Discussions about Servers
xxxFBxxx
Personal rank: ONS-OS server admin

Skin Troubles on My UT99 Server

Post by xxxFBxxx »

Hello UT99 fans! :rock:

I run a UT99 server, ONS Old School, 68.232.161.13:7777. It is a mod free-style sniper server.
The server is experiencing skin problems that I can't shake. Some skins seems to lack texture, or loose texture when dead.
The skins with this problem are bright green with some white textures; or turn green when dead. Some of these skins are standard UT99 skins, such as the Nali and the Cow.
All server files were updated and double checked for omissions. I am at a lost to find a solution to the problem. :noidea

Please come and visit my server to see the problem that I described, at ONS Old School, 68.232.161.13:7777
The UT99 server is hosted by GameServers.com out of Texas and it is suppose to be running on Linux.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
xxxFBxxx :sniper1:
UT99.org

Re: Skin Troubles on My UT99 Server

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Have you BP1 and BP4 ?
Your Advanced Modelsupport is the 110 ?
Have you PURE ?
Why no Valhalla Avatar ?

UT.ini please
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Eh?
have you monsters allowed?
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Sounds like corrupted or missing texture files for the skins in question. The engine applies that ugly green/white skin to anything that is missing the declaration or actual texture. You can see this from time to time if someone joins a server then leaves very quickly they will occasionally leave a green/white model of themselves where they spawned in. This disappears shortly but what is happening is the server thinks a player is still there but since the player has left, there is no declaration of skin so you get the default. This also happens sometimes on a death if the player immediately goes to spectate. Same deal, the server has no instructions over what skin to use on the body.

Nail down exactly which model does it and overwrite the accompanying texture files it uses as well as the int file for them. If you are unsure, PM me and I'll help you through if you don't want to publicly post server information (though this will not be sensitive).
xxxFBxxx
Personal rank: ONS-OS server admin

Post by xxxFBxxx »

Thanks everyone for your help! :rock:

I had all the files and textures, but I missed a few "ServerPackages=" in my server ini for some of the skins. :loool:

You are all welcome to joint us at ONS Old School, 68.232.161.13:7777
Keep UT99 alive! :rock:

Thanks,
xxxFBxxx :sniper1: