UT99.org Developer Server is online

Discussions about Servers
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

UT99.org Developer Server is online

Post by JackGriffin »

There is a current mapping thread going on where some really great creators are throwing down and making a cool collaborative project. The problem is there's just not a place to test it, along with other mods/maps made by members. Let's fix that problem.

I spoke with Shade and got his permission to use the UT99.org tag and I created a 20 slot test server. This is for anything made by members here and for general recreational playing if there is no current testing. Made a map and want to test it online? Scripted up this cool mod but you need to see what it does on the server? Feel free to use this as needed. I have scripted a batch file that logs everything so you can find any errors your work might generate.

The server does run ACE and does not run nexgen. Both can be configured differently if your work requires but that is the default it is up with now. I am currently uploading a redirect and I will be sending access packets to both Ferali and Myth for the server and redirect. I spoke with Ferali and he will be in charge of this server so see him if you feel you need access/admin rights.

Don't worry if you don't know anything about server admin. You are always welcome to upload your map/mod/work and I'll place it on server for you. I can also return logs if you need to see them. Just let any of us know the settings you'd like to have, the work you want to test, and we can take care of the rest.

The server is live and running: 206.51.238.106:9999 though it is pretty much a default server at the moment. Feel free to play all you like, it will be 24/7 as it is on a dedicated quad core server located in Florida, USA.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Renegade
Adept
Personal rank: Vigilante

Re: UT99.org Developer Server is online

Post by Renegade »

Awesome 8)
I'm one state up from there.
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

This is a really great idea.

However most of us live are in Europe so we wouldn't have pings for frags. But this is not really a problem.
As a server to test user made content it's a really great thing to have.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

well we can give it a try of testing some simple stuff though at that server :) server = server for me and if its 27/7?
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Isotoxin
Adept
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by Isotoxin »

GenMoKai wrote:well we can give it a try of testing some simple stuff though at that server :) server = server for me and if its 27/7?

24/7 :P
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Isotoxin wrote:
GenMoKai wrote:well we can give it a try of testing some simple stuff though at that server :) server = server for me and if its 27/7?

24/7 :P
No he is correct ....the day has 27 hours ...especially for me ...stupid work dammit.

So this server is still running? ...hm? what about to test some mode?
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

PC I had the server running continually but not one single person connected for almost 2 months. It's turned off but I can turn it back on in <1 minute if you would like to use it for something. No one seemed especially interested in testing anything :(
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

oh that's sad ... It would be cool if we could test this colab-map ...but I have the strange feeling without Myth in the role of the impulse generator ...this map will never be finished.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

If I had permission <hint hint> I'd put up the nearly finished version in hopes it would spur some development...
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

I have added Papercoffee's maps to the test server. Would anyone else want something they made added? I'd like to eventually replace all the stock maps and have the server be uniquely UT99.org products.

Just link me to your stuff and I'd be happy to do the work.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

I Just had a quick go on the sever and it was a bit too laggy 4 me this time, it could be just the fact my internet sucks.

suggestion could the death match frag limit be rasied to 30 i think 15 is a bit low.

only working mods i have made at moment r stupid instagib mods that spawn cows and weapons when you shoot a wall.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

You are the second to request a higher frag count, I set it to 30. You guys happy with that?

BTW shall I install Nexgen and make accounts for the members here or is it something you guys would want?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I don't know Nexgen...
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

30 frag limit is good i thoght it would be better if you didnt no the maps so you get a chance to learn them. if SKY ever come around to instaling internet (3 Mouths now) i will have a longer go at the sever but for now i cant really play online that much due to having only 3gb data a mouth
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

I have a prob with the sever when i was playing Ctf-Face, i got kicked off a few times and don't know what is causeing it to happen. i don't have a cheat on this UT anymore so i don't know why its happening. it says in log illegal ufunnction call do u know what is causeing this so i can get rid off it.
it was fine on other maps.

Any help welcome