UT99 game shuts down

Discussions about Servers
SixPakSuzy
Novice

UT99 game shuts down

Post by SixPakSuzy »

Hey all. I have a UT99 game server from gameservers.com that shuts down at least once a day. The ucc.log shows no errors or warnings. I have saved all of the logs and I cannot find any reason why the game just shuts down. The game does not reboot. I have to manually restart the game.

I am not new to running a game server as I've had several game servers from gameservers.com in the past. This particular game server is located in London. I'm thinking of relocating the game server somewhere else. I've never had this issue with the US based servers from gameservers.com.

The only mods/muts I have loaded are:
ServerActors=NoGuardiaCannon.NoGuardiaCannonActor
ServerPackages=LogoSplashV2
ServerPackages=LeagueAS-CP

Anyone else here have an account with gameservers.com and have their game hosted in London?

Any words of advice?

Thanks,
SPS
{SBZ}_BaDaSS
Average

Re: UT99 game shuts down

Post by {SBZ}_BaDaSS »

If you have to manually restart the server with no error logs it sounds like the issue is their hardware. (might sound dumb) Have you tried calling them? Another issue you might have is a corrupt map or missing file when it goes thru the rotation (Crashing Server). Are you running any Mods? Can you give some more info please, Maybe we can figure this out for you.
SixPakSuzy
Novice

Post by SixPakSuzy »

Thanks for the reply {SBZ}_BaDaSS. The hardware issue is a possibility that I've thought about. I have also inquired over at the gameservers.com forums hoping to find someone else on the same server having the same issue. Unfortunately, I have not had a reply.

Gameservers.com isn't known for their tech support. I've had tickets opened for days, only to be closed when I've figured out the problem.

The logs show that the crash occurs on different maps. I am just running standard assault maps. I do have all of the textures from the UT cd loaded on the game server as well as my redirect...but problems with the redirect won't crash the game server.

Best,
SPS
{SBZ}_BaDaSS
Average

Post by {SBZ}_BaDaSS »

SixPakSuzy wrote:Thanks for the reply {SBZ}_BaDaSS. The hardware issue is a possibility that I've thought about. I have also inquired over at the gameservers.com forums hoping to find someone else on the same server having the same issue. Unfortunately, I have not had a reply.

Gameservers.com isn't known for their tech support. I've had tickets opened for days, only to be closed when I've figured out the problem.

The logs show that the crash occurs on different maps. I am just running standard assault maps. I do have all of the textures from the UT cd loaded on the game server as well as my redirect...but problems with the redirect won't crash the game server.

Best,
SPS
There ya go!, Try removing those maps or checking that you have all the files for them to run.
Antrax wrote:lol :loool:
And what was so funny about that?
(xtc)
Novice

Post by (xtc) »

hey :D
whats the noguardia cannon?
never heard of that weapon.can you give us a download link pls.?
SixPakSuzy
Novice

Post by SixPakSuzy »

NoGuardiaCannon isn't a weapon. It removes the first cannon in Guardia. You can download it here:

http://www.justunreal.net/files/NoGuardiaCannon.zip

Unzip and follow the directions in the readme.txt

SPS
Last edited by SixPakSuzy on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SixPakSuzy
Novice

Post by SixPakSuzy »

{SBZ}_BaDaSS wrote:
SixPakSuzy wrote:Thanks for the reply {SBZ}_BaDaSS. The hardware issue is a possibility that I've thought about. I have also inquired over at the gameservers.com forums hoping to find someone else on the same server having the same issue. Unfortunately, I have not had a reply.

Best,
SPS
There ya go!, Try removing those maps or checking that you have all the files for them to run.
I've found another server hosted by gameservers.com that is currently down. The server belongs to a friend of mine but his is in NJ/NY area. I'm just wondering if this is a common problem now with gameservers. My inquires on their forums have gone unanswered.

I don't suspect the maps as they are the standard maps. It doesn't crash on the same maps all the time.

I have run the mods and mutators in the past without any issues. I can get rid of the logo splash and NoGuardiaCannon to test, but LeagueAS-CP is important.

I'll post whatever I find.

SPS
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

im using gameservers and hosted in ny and have 0 issues. If its randomly crashing it could be a corrupt file anywhere in your ut directory.

could also be a corrupt mod. check your mod download sources..

bad configuration

etc..
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
SixPakSuzy
Novice

Post by SixPakSuzy »

Qwerty wrote:im using gameservers and hosted in ny and have 0 issues. If its randomly crashing it could be a corrupt file anywhere in your ut directory.

could also be a corrupt mod. check your mod download sources..

bad configuration

etc..
Hey qwerty. I've also had games hosted in the past on the NJ/NY as well as Chicago servers with Gameservers.com and have zero issues. The configs have always been pretty much the same as I'm running now with the same mods and mutators. I've even copied over one of my original ini files and the problem still exists.

Maybe I should just move it back to NJ/NY and see what happens.

Best,
SPS
SixPakSuzy
Novice

Post by SixPakSuzy »

More info...

I've found an old thread at http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6547 which is similar to my issue. The log files are almost identical to my issue.

I thought that it was interested about the comments regarding NetServerMaxTickRate and LanServerMaxTickRate so I changed my from 60 to 35. So far, over the last 2 days the server has not crashed. This is the longest the server has gone without crashing.

I also have found the last post bu Kitana interesting which states that the server was switched out.

Just waiting for another crash

Best,
SPS
SixPakSuzy
Novice

Post by SixPakSuzy »

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. The server crashed again today.
Gonna wipe the server and start fresh.
I'll let you know how I make out.

Best,
SPS
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

you shouldn't ever run UT99 at 60 tic. thats rediculous. tics should be as follows.

20/21 - doest screw up weapon accuracy and takes skill to hit people max client rate 10000
25/26 - used for jets rocket x usually, and compensates for linux not using tic rate properly max client rate 10000
30/31 MAX - only recommended for weapons.. again higher tic very easy to kill people. other weapons are much more acurate and powerful. vmax client rate 10000-12000

are you running asc or nexgen? if so make sure your not going over your slot limit. If you do gameservers will kill your server. By default nexgen and asc make your player slots usually like 20 which will cause your server to go down.
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
SixPakSuzy
Novice

Post by SixPakSuzy »

Hey Qwerty. Thanks for the tickrate info. Apparently a tickrate of 60 is the default with the Gameservers.com default ini. I have changed it.

I am not running asc or nexgen. My game server is just running standard assault maps with LeagueAS and a qFeedback hitsound. I used to have gameservers that had much more installed but this game server just has the basics.

Also, I have moved the game server to NJ/NY with Gameservers.com. I'm willing to bet that my problems won't re-appear. I've received some negative feedback from some of my EU players but I'm hoping to attract US players. I've played on EU servers with a ping of 120. I think that its very playable.

Best,
SPS
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

all of my EU players get the best ping from NY/NJ data center.. If you think about it its like being in the center of the united states and the EU good luck and I hope it works well :)
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH