.:: PSYCHO | MULTI-SERVER ::.

Discussions about Servers
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: .:: PSYCHO | NEWNET | COMBOGIB/RA/DM SERVER ::.

Post by Dr.Flay »

I guess I would probably use it for making a raw install, for backup on a DVD.
It may be more useful for someone to prepare a Hi-Res copy and include the newer GL renderer.
It could be edited to include the other renderers if the user wanted.

I'm still using the same installation I've had for years. Can't imagine starting from scratch again. I've always backed-up the whole thing.
Though I use Medor's distro for editing.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Good to know how many players play here :D
And the game is playable with 300-400 ping, a bit interesting but I think after a time its normal (NEWNET FTW?!)
When time playing in the server a lot player Wises?

[youtube]C-qe6umITr4[/youtube]
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Dr.Flay wrote: I'm still using the same installation I've had for years. Can't imagine starting from scratch again. I've always backed-up the whole thing.
Here the same...
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

@paper .. http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... 3Final.zip

@Asyle .. yeah its been pretty busy I must admit.

gg.

I thought oo was Sniper?..
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Yeah that was me
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote:Yeah that was me
Nice One hehe , yes I remember alot WTF's lmao.. these guys have no idea sometimes :S
zaksame

Post by zaksame »

I understand what Newnet is trying to do but it is not doing the game any good.
The whole reason you play online is to play with ping and lag,that is what makes the game fun
This game had it's heyday when the majority were all on 56k,i was there and the community and game was great.
The games weapons are extremely overpowered by high latency,it actually rules the game,kills are more or less instant than anything fun.
I have also seen a ton of anomalies with this modded server,i can still see the lag between players,however you give the high latency,low ping players and even more advantage because they will never lag sending information to the server.
One more point,players especially long standing players have developed a niche for playing with lag.We all saw how Gitzz dominated and it was because all he did was play on Lans,so he was pretty much the only player used to 0-15 pings.

The BEST this game ever ran was on version 420,nothing else,pings were great and even 250 was playable.
I seriously don't see the purpose of trying to turn the game into an all time LAN,is there a purpose?It is a ONLINE game !
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

Hey nice server. I just tried it out with a bot, it feels nice. Can't wait to try it later with real players.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

zaksame wrote:I understand what Newnet is trying to do but it is not doing the game any good.
Wrong, I have never played on an Australian server before newnet, I hardly ever saw Australian players on usa servers before newnet was put on them, and best of all people with really high pings actually get a chance to play the same/better, as 30 ping players..
The whole reason you play online is to play with ping and lag,that is what makes the game fun
very little lag and a more equal playing field make it fun.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote:Wrong, I have never played on an Australian server before newnet, I hardly ever saw Australian players on usa servers before newnet was put on them, and best of all people with really high pings actually get a chance to play the same/better, as 30 ping players..
Agreed.
I played on Wises server with a ping over 300 and I haven't noticed one time when I lagged.
iloveut99
Skilled

Post by iloveut99 »

new net works pretty well indeed in your server. Keep it up!
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

WOW !! A flurry of Activity going on over here lmao.

Is funny you know.. I was just saying to another guy yesterday , how I was thinking of 'throwing in the towel' , giving up essentially .. (a lot of reasons)

and then last night I thought I might pop on for a quick much about.. and Woah.. there were 8 players , which kinda blew me away a bit..

then this morning coming on to the forums and seeing this :D

is all very encouraging you know.

if i do decide to throw in the towel I will release a copy of these servers for someone else to pickup. I must do a back-up shortly actually.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman

If/when i get my g400 replaced :mad2: :pfff: I'll be back playing a few games :)
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@ 'oo' Sniper :)

yes our resident elite [FT]Loco needs some better competition lol.. he's just too good for most ppl , and that must be boring for him.
zaksame wrote:I understand what Newnet is trying to do but it is not doing the game any good.
This game had it's heyday when the majority were all on 56k,i was there and the community and game was great.
The games weapons are extremely overpowered by high latency,it actually rules the game,kills are more or less instant than anything fun.
I have also seen a ton of anomalies with this modded server,i can still see the lag between players,however you give the high latency,low ping players and even more advantage because they will never lag sending information to the server.
One more point,players especially long standing players have developed a niche for playing with lag.We all saw how Gitzz dominated and it was because all he did was play on Lans,so he was pretty much the only player used to 0-15 pings.

The BEST this game ever ran was on version 420,nothing else,pings were great and even 250 was playable.
I seriously don't see the purpose of trying to turn the game into an all time LAN,is there a purpose?It is a ONLINE game !
^ Ive been hosting servers for around 6 years now.. and I can't count the amount of International Players that have inadvertently dropped in for a game , played for 30 seconds and left due to LAGG..

TBH even Australians/Kiwi's who pinged higher then 100ms wouldn't play on our servers back then because of ping..

what NewNet does is allows a wider audience (radius if you like) of players to play on NewNet enabled servers. So now , where before we only captured 9-10 players from a selected area.. where ever the data-center was.. we can now extend beyond that limitation even into other countries.

for example now all of asia-pacific can play nicely on our servers.. including the whole of Australia/NewZealand.. is this a good thing?.. Yes..Yes it is. :tu:

Also for a EU NewNet Server which has the Latest Official Public Version Visit here; [url=unreal://74.91.123.91:7777]74.91.123.91:7777[/url]
and for more information on this 'NewNet' Stuff Click here to Visit Official NewNet/GlobalUnreal Forums
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Do you have some logs of my connection attempts, where I can see what makes troubles?
I will not "unload" all my mods just to test your server...