Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

.:: PSYCHO | MULTI-SERVER ::.

Post by Wises »

[youtube]d1Wuwz-d1Z0[/youtube]
[url=unreal://191.239.177.27:7777]Image[/url]
unreal://191.239.177.27:7777
Last edited by Wises on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:30 am, edited 49 times in total.
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Re: PSYCHO | SERVERS

Post by MEAT »

IP me.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

ahh sorry mate just click the links above in original post .. they are unreal://*Links to Servers*
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Wises wrote:- *Random Spawn Mod* Seems to spawn bots too close to opposing base sometimes.. like.. past the middle area's.. needs some attention.
That will be fixed in the next release. There will be a "no spawn" area in-between the bases. This area is 20% of the distance
between the 2 bases. You may spawn halfway up the paths on your side on CTF-Face, but not in the center anymore.

Not sure what is going on with your other issues. You would need to post your various server ini/bat files and
a log file before anybody could try to figure those out....

If all those issues only happen when you are using the alpha, leaked "NewNet" stuff, I would suggest going back to oldnet..... :what:
blarg
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

hehe nah it runs ok , 300-350 ms players from the USA run smooth as ;)

so that bypasses anything bot related with newnet ;)

ill look into the other issues when Tim-_- carries on with production theres still alot of work .. but jump on it runs not too badly

Added IPs to above post as well .. I can just click the links and it opens UT
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Server runs great, smooth as offline, ping isn't really an issue, everyone should play on these servers :).
Proof ping isn't an issue.
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

For me the DM server ran great and had fast up loads.
Couldn't say that about the bot though. At times he would just stand and stare.
Also as a player I wanted access to higher ground...movement was limited without a translocator.

Face server...slooow up load.
Almost gave up after three mins.
In game my ping was mid 300 and it showed.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

MEAT wrote:For me the DM server ran great and had fast up loads.
Couldn't say that about the bot though. At times he would just stand and stare.
Also as a player I wanted access to higher ground...movement was limited without a translocator.

Face server...slooow up load.
Almost gave up after three mins.
In game my ping was mid 300 and it showed.
*REBUILDING FACE SERVER DUE TO LAG ISSUES
^ Will update first post with new info once completed.

*DM SERVER SEEMS TO BE GOING WELL
^ still minor issues with Weapon Switching which is also another bug to append to buglist in first post. this is *NewNet* related and tim has been made aware of this.

Ahh soz about that ... there was 1 File Redirected but misspelt.. , The server sent this file and all consecutive files as well.. which would have put stress (lag) on everything.. esp if others were trying to join as well as you at the same time. I assumed that it was redirected.. (I have fixed this) It was the classic Nub-Server-Admin-101-mistake ;)

'F10' Disconnect after download and then Reconnect afterwards to speed em up again ;) in the future.. and on the some of the other 900 servers in the list .

in-fact I should have taken my own advice , cleared my cache and connected to see if there were any bottle-necks. Iam very Grateful for you review and would like for you to try again :)

thinking that perhaps that is what was causing the lag also.

as for Getting up high .. and no translocator.. its a fast paced game but not so fast that players can blink around the map .. as is what happens when Trans is enabled.. you just see blue flashes everywhere and it just gets exploited.. I may consider re-enabling it.. but for the time being .. you can self-boost using rocket launcher.. to get up fairly high.. actually higher then what you can get with trans anyway.. :)
I am looking for a mod which removes rockets (smoke) as it gets real spammy and foggy when there are 6-10 players all firing off rockets every-which-way but 'X'

:wth:

Re: Bots not firing.. etc;
myself-in-1st-post wrote:Known BUGS..

-Bots Don't Shoot or move sometimes..
-Bots weapons sometimes Fire Millions of Shots like an Oozi
-Bots don't like NEWNET.
-Translocator needs to be primed via alt-fire on Hamma Before Being Piston Pumped for I Think 'Blue Team' or tele flys backwards.
- *Fixed? *Random Spawn Mod* Seems to spawn bots too close to opposing base sometimes.. like.. past the middle area's.. needs some attention.
-can-not destroy carcases.. this is something to do with *NEWNET* Also.. a feature?
^^__

Iam thinking of installing FerBotz soon to see if that makes any difference.. however from my past experiences.. FerBotz don't like SmartCTF (Scoreboard) and or mod.. and Botz Just Leave .. or something. Will post back on FerBotz Thread if I make any progress.

@Oopa yeah man you nearly 1st place on our servers lol GO YOU!
^ and like I said in game ... some of our players Whine (or drink to much) about players better then them.. for years they moaned and I redone servers .. for this small audience who play twice a week.. I told them though and it has taken a while to get them used to *NEWNET* but they are coming right.
They just need to realise that there are WAYYY better players in the world then them.. and they need to accept that fact imo.

Also such is my Nature.. (as I have mentioned in these forums) I am not really a fan of Flaming/Banning users because they find exploits.. but Rather I like to adapt the server to Counter-react to what they Exploit. Big Thanks to MRLoathsome for random Spawn Points Mutator & Gore Mod I have countered finally one players choice to *Spawn Kill* , we played last night on Archane Temple and code187 could'nt just waste everyone at the doors entrance for once w00t :P

Also I had to put AntiCamper in there for another Player DogBreath (Expert Sniper/Camper Dude) as he would clear the server in less then 5mins on average.. so theres another one catered for.
I will continue to try and tweak them for Maximum enjoyment for all players in the future..
Anyways HF GL GGS..
maximdymok
Experienced

Post by maximdymok »

Hey, very nice server man! Played today (seriousnoob in-game) and there's pretty much no lag on DM with 250 ping, I just gotta get used to shooting at, and not in front of players :P . I'll make sure to keep an eye out and join if there's players. (P.S. sorry for leaving so abruptly, WiFi died on me)
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

*Updated first Post
Great Stuff indeed !! :) So sniper from UK no Lag and serious from USA no lag :)
Fantastic!!.. Have updated CTF Server with a few goodies and fixed lag/redirect issues as well..
see first post for more info regarding these things

thanks for playing guys and feedback is awesome.

Cheers.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: .:: PSYCHO | INTERNATIONAL - DM/CTF SERVERS ::.

Post by papercoffee »

Couldn't connect to your servers ...got pretty fast disconnected or connection timed out.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Me either.

NPLoader or something like that crashes.

Not sure if it is related to Ace or NextGen or something else. I only have a vague idea
of what all that stuff does anyway. Is it all really needed on there?
Last edited by MrLoathsome on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
blarg
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

MrLoathsome wrote:Me either.

NPLoader or something like that crashes.
papercoffee wrote:Couldn't connect to your servers ...got pretty fast disconnected or connection timed out.
Same, game crashes after connecting.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

weird ... have had a lot of usa players on just earlier.. none with problems...

NPLoader is apart of ACE.. and sometimes yes crashes clients but try again .. in a sec or 2?..

Nexgen is a Server-controller.. like ASC.. but still actively updated. Although The Server Sends the Packages to Clients , it is currently not installed.

I will have a look at Re-Installing ACE.. and see what happens.

I think you guys maybe have mods / skins which conflict with pure and/or ace..

because theres 3 of us on atm.. and no problems..

could someone post here a screen shot of the error message please.

Even try reconnect after crash?..

I think its something to do with your guys setups.. as most ppl can connect.

perhaps it could be .. just thinking a mod conflict of somesort .. probably whopushedwho as I have a newer version (worbos one) installed and most are using the older version.
\
idk..

theres like 4 of us on atm.. no problems
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Wises wrote:weird ... have had a lot of usa players on just earlier.. none with problems...

NPLoader is apart of ACE.. and sometimes yes crashes clients but try again .. in a sec or 2?..

Nexgen is a Server-controller.. like ASC.. but still actively updated. Although The Server Sends the Packages to Clients , it is currently not installed.

I will have a look at Re-Installing ACE.. and see what happens.

I think you guys maybe have mods / skins which conflict with pure and/or ace..

because theres 3 of us on atm.. and no problems..

could someone post here a screen shot of the error message please.

Even try reconnect after crash?..

I think its something to do with your guys setups.. as most ppl can connect.

perhaps it could be .. just thinking a mod conflict of somesort .. probably whopushedwho as I have a newer version (worbos one) installed and most are using the older version.
\
idk..

theres like 4 of us on atm.. no problems

I dunno if it helps but I think that you might be right about having mods installed. Probably interfering with ACE.....

This what I get:

http://s15.postimg.org/rava9ynt7/Error.png

Whatever, I will just re-install my game and see what happens. I really want to check out your server.