Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

MegaDomination & MegaTDM test servers.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Play MegaDomination on DOM, CTF and DM maps here:
[url]unreal://99.67.106.156:7777[/url]

Play MegaTDM on DOM, CTF and DM maps here:
[url]unreal://99.67.106.156:7877[/url]

There will be minimal downloads if you connect to these.

Nothing but default maps* and skins. Only extra mutator is DoubleJumpUT.

*1 very small extra DM map in the list. Only 64k. Should download fast.

Nothing else should download except DoubleJumpUT, x3dfxMapVotev24c and a few very small files
for the new gametypes.

Only serverside mutators running are the DoubleEnforcers mutator, SwarmSpawn, MoreGore LGE, AutoFill and
BadNews! RC4. BadNews! is only running on the Domination server.

Only monsters you will find on them are the default Unreal monsters.

Will be tweaking the number of monsters and other settings on the server as needed during testing.
More than likely I have too many bots and/or monsters in there ATM, but that is whom I have been testing this with.

This is probably what the MegaDomination RC2 gametypes release will contain, although it might also include
a "DoubleDomination" mode as well.

Try them out and let me know what you think.
blarg
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: MegaDomination & MegaTDM test servers.

Post by papercoffee »

I will try to join this day...
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Increase the bot skill :( can't even win lol
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

MegaTDM Is very easy, but the MegaDOM is pretty hard :D
The monsters in CTF maps play better than DM maps, thats what I noticed
For fun this mod is perfect, so :gj:
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

ASLYE702 wrote:MegaTDM Is very easy, but the MegaDOM is pretty hard :D
The monsters in CTF maps play better than DM maps, thats what I noticed
For fun this mod is perfect, so :gj:
How easy or hard this will be, is primarily a function of how many monsters you are adding to the
maps. I am going to fiddle around with some of the server settings and play a bunch of test games
tonight. (In about an hour or so...)
Will add a few more extra control points on the TDM games, which should make the monsters more
aggressive on indoor maps that have lots of rooms, hallways etc.
(My new ControlPoints control the monsters as well as being Control Points on DOM maps. They are hidden on TDM.)

And you are correct that monsters do better on CTF maps. (DOM maps also I have noticed.)
I am pretty sure one reason for that is that CTF and DOM maps generally tend to have better pathing setup than DM maps.
(I think....)
Higor wrote:Increase the bot skill :( can't even win lol
I will be playing with that value as well. I may just put my old AdjustoBots mutator on there.
For years I have been using that, but was using the version of it I integrated into XBots9b.

**EDIT ------------

If you know anybody who has any knowledge regarding bot behavior that has any input regarding optimal bot settings, let me
know who they are. :tongue:
Last night, before I flipped the test servers on and went to sleep, I had just slapped a bone-stock default User.ini file off a clean
install into the servers system folder. Difficulty was still set at 1. No other changes. Bumped difficuly up to 3 today.

Currently, almost the only thing this gametype does that directly effects the bots, is to set their starting orders all to Freelance.
The default bots are dumb enough by themselves, and just get twice as dumb when they get set to follow a player.
When they get set to follow each other, you just get dumb and dumber. :ironic2:
You can of course order the bots on your team to attack, defend, cover you etc after the game starts if you wish.
I have had much more luck while working on this in controlling the scriptedpawns behavior than the default UT bots.
Still have a few ideas on things that might make them a bit less stupid, but they tend to break completely if you poke
at them in a way they don't like.

I think somebody is working on a fix for that problem, but I forget who it is at the moment.... :loool:

Have a note here to adjust the idle monster check for nearby enemies to work with something called Botz.

Ripped XBots9b and all the other non-default stuff off the server yesterday for 2 reasons.
1. To test this out with a mostly default configuration.
2. The free host I have using last 4 or 5 years for my redirect, failed to renew my account status at the beginning of this month.
No response from their tech support at all in over a week now since my first inquiry. :mad2:

Note, on the MegaDomination server the BadNews mutator will add more monsters every time you get a headshot, hammerkill or when
a spree ends. So if the monsters are losing badly, start shooting bots in the head, and more monsters will show up.
Flies play Domination very well.
blarg
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I have a redirect sitting if you want it. It's hosted, high speed. I'll send you access if you would use it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Bump.

Servers updated with latest version of this thing.

On the TDM server all maps in the Mapvote list will be TDM games. 2 teams of players and/or bots and 1 monster team.

On the DOM server, DOM maps will be scored in DoubleDomination style. i.e. Team will not score unless they control
all the control points.

DM maps will be normal domination games with 2 control points.
CTF maps will be normal domination games with 3 control points.
(2 at the usual flag locations, and 1 somewhere near the middle)

Monsters should be much more aggressive in this version. And they will now attack Higors Botz. (although there is no reference to any botz class in the code....)

@JackG

Thanks again for the redirect space offer. Currently I have things working fairly well, but I may want to mirror up my current
repositories soon. And I got 2 of them. 1 for the various maps/files on the 2 UT servers which are currently running this test stuff, and then the redirect I have
for the coop servers. The coop servers redirect has over 570 maps on it plus all the files needed for them. (I hope...)
I will check with you before I do anything with that.
blarg
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

I sent you access, use it as you like. All that I keep in there are the coop server files and odds and ends for things I test online. You'll see some jets testmaps, test mod builds, etc. It's all crap or unfinished but you are welcome to grab whatever you like.

Note any version mismatch you might have if you upload your files. I'm sure versions of mine are not up to date on some stuff. Oh, and we had that lengthy discussion on 'do not download' flags on some of the Unreal files but aside from AUSSIEAUSSIE all of the files are maps that I changed and recompressed. If you run into those we can discuss how to handle it and find a good solution. I'd like to finally settle that thing anyway.

I really need to play these servers too. I just love this project's ideas.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

paper, I apologize for the double post ahead of time. Please don't whack me too hard with the ruler ;)

I just wanted to post back to this thread and it not get lost. Guys, you are missing a true gem of a gametype if you haven't played this yet. I helped Loath get some logfiles last night and this is just pure fun stuff. The monsters will kick your ass in this, no kidding! It's hard to win but very fun and pure UT action, like you want it to be. Drop in to his test servers and give this a go, it's certainly worth it. I may very well be done with monsterhunt completely after this, it's everything you could want in battling monsters.

Loath, please keep this project going. It's your best work so far.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:paper, I apologize for the double post ahead of time. Please don't whack me too hard with the ruler ;)
8. Avoid unnecessary, as well as double and triple postings in the same thread. Double posting is only allowed after 24 hours after the last post, or in extensive tutorials which need such posting space.
Hm ...24 hours?... close, but you pass

:lol2:
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Update.

Servers are now running vastly improved unreleased versions of both the gametypes and the swarmpawner mutator.
As well as testing out the UT2U1 fix mutator.

Note: The HUD changes in the new gametypes are optimized for 1920x1080 resolution.
It will function fairly well in other 16:9 resolutions. In 4:3 resolutions, the additions to the HUD will
be in the wrong locations. That is on the list of fixes before next release. I hate HUD code.

Noticed minor glitch in DM-SpaceNoxx. The SwarmSpawner will spawn guns out in space, and Monsters
in a place I cant even find.... Only map I have noticed this in, but I need to check into it.

100% sure this is just a glitch in the mutator that is adding the monsters, not an issue with the gametype code or UT2U1.
blarg
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Post by MrLoathsome »

Bump.

Servers now updated with UT2U1 RC4.

They also now include 10 DM maps that feature only U1 weapons and pickups.

Currently both the TDM and DOM servers are configured with 2 teams for all the various maps.

Players and bots on Red, and 5 Skaarj with guns on Blue.
These are the 5 meanest Skaarj you have ever seen.
blarg