How to prove that someone cheats ?

Discussions about Servers
Blast
Novice

How to prove that someone cheats ?

Post by Blast »

OK. After closing topic and removing names, I ask feralidragon : how to prove that someone cheats, especially when you are banned :tongue: Sorry, this is really little absurd. I asked to visit those places and see self. I'm sure that everyone with brain and experience can see it in most cases.
But still want to know how to prove it.

And I will certainly not go on their forum and discuss with people who banned me - that would be stupidest thing after what I experienced. There are some things I heard too, but will not write it, because I have no evidence :D
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: How to prove that someone cheats ?

Post by papercoffee »

Blast wrote: There are some things I heard too, but will not write it, because I have no evidence :D
Good.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

You can always spectate someone on the a server and type "behindview 1" in the console to see their first person view and then type "demorec something".

Here is some videos of a Trigger bot & Dodge bot someone was using on an ace protected server a few months ago.
Normal Speed
[youtube]EPHQzPV5PHs[/youtube]
5 fps
[youtube]sUvjtvQV4ns[/youtube]
15 fps
[youtube]O1m4AnbKWas[/youtube]
Last edited by UT Sniper (SJA94) on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

your videos doesn't work...

EDIT--------------------------------------
fixed it ...you don't have to copy this "https://www.youtube.com/watch" too. the question mark + everything after it, is enough.

EDIT2------------------------------------
Now did we both fixed it :mrgreen:
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

My bad fixed.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Blast, I ask you: if I said that you cheated, would that make it true?
Ways to prove someone cheats: videos/demos and logs, being the latter only possible if you're the admin of the server.

Word of mouth is proved to be faulty, and I don't want anyone to be labelled as a "cheater" when there's absolutely nothing to corroborate that claim, no matter how many people say that "X person" is a cheater, it doesn't make it true.
I play another game where I am sometimes labelled as a cheater when I own their asses to the ground, and I have been kick-voted by admins because of that in some custom servers, and I know plenty which get labelled as such in a daily basis (dozens of "hacking reports", when the guy is just really good, and I have played against them and I can say they're absolutely legit).
Blast
Novice

Post by Blast »

Thanx Feralidragon. Yes, that's true that we need proofs - myself was named as cheater couple times, because was much better than rest. And myself thought for some much better players than me, that they cheat. I watched some as spectator and with behindview. Did not try demo recording online.
But will do some, I think ... Funny thing is that I tried probably oldest cheat (only one I could DL) on some servers, and it worked where was no some protection - mostly to see how it looks and for better recognizing cheaters, and I won 2 times, then people said "gg" :D I just replied "Not gg" . Then , when I played without cheat, some called me cheater :mrgreen:
That would be easier part to recognize cheaters using some aimbot, but there are other cheats, not so well visible - and kept as secret, it seems. I just found something while googled, and it seems pretty advanced, and old pure scripts detect it not, at least according to what site says.
In any case, server should make clear their policy with players. What billybill says is just another case of lame administration - don't want new players ?
Make it accessible with password, or at least write that new people is not welcome, especially if they can beat old members :)
Anyway, all this is just sad. I don't remember so many cheats, cheaters from phone UT era, 2000-2004 in my case. Maybe should move on CTF and other team play servers instead DM ?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I don't know if this is worth a response but you did mention me again. Looking at your last post you have admitted to cheating, which is why you REALLY posted here and not there. You are trying to find what types of proof we have to spare yourself the embarrassment. The funny thing is if you had just come and explained your actions you would've been given the benefit of the doubt and an exception rule for you ip would be made until you mess up again.

You can say banning whole isps or regions is wrong but it's keeping the botters out, of course it could be offensive if ban reasons have false accusations. It's worth the risk for us and we are doing exactly what everyone else does giving ban IDs and keeping the proof for when you dispute it. I thought I had made my point quite clear in the first post but you keep attacking the integrity of our admins. If you waste your time trying to catch our admins cheating it's not really my problem but make sure you are learning something and stop when you realise you are wasting your life looking for something that's not there
Blast
Novice

Post by Blast »

I will not argue with you billybill. If you think that I'm cheater it is your problem. That test cheating was useful for me - I now know better how it works. And I even told to some players that I cheat, and asked them to look my movement - so I saw that aimbot will turn your view always toward opponents, while opponent sees that you are turned in some other direction - what is good sign of cheating.
My last words related to your servers: install some ACE, pure, as all good servers did long time ago. I don't want to attack you. I know that people maintaining servers do it for free, and we should be grateful for that. Still, I will hate admins cheating, and will not respect those who not take anti-cheat measures.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

If YOU or if YOUR friends cheated with YOUR name you sucked in every server
Never be a second chance you can't try it, I know nobody cares about your story...
I upload 30(?) f*%#ng video from my shots but nobody cares...
Joke 1 - http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/view ... f=27&t=733
Joke 2 - http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/unreal-se ... best-frags
Joke 3 - http://www.rs-alliance.de/why-iam-banne ... t1872.html
Oh wait, only after 1,5 years ago happend this shit rofl...
Poor admins proof of this happy things if he can ban somebody :ironic2:
And interesting, if i cheat how I can play in other servers, thats so funny \0/
All the same nobody care thats just a game...
Change your IP, new fake nickname :thuup:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

@ Blast ...This stops here right now!!!

UT99.org is not a place for your dispute ...and I don't like this from-behind like attitude.
If you have some issues with a server staff, talk with the admins in their own Forum... NOT HERE

If you have cheated and get caught or you was wrongly accused has nothing to do with our Forum!

Is this clear now?

I keep this topic open for now ...but one wrong word and I will close this thread.
Blast
Novice

Post by Blast »

My aim was to point on cheating and some other bad things. And I don't get why this is not good place for it.
Anyway, I'm done here. And certainly will not try with same people on their forums. And I was not caught in half hour while I tested aimbot.

If you have issues with wrong people, better go away - this is what everyone say.
Amen.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

It's fine to talk about cheating and how to prove players cheat in a generic point of view, it's NOT fine to come to start a drama on what admins elsewhere do to you or if they cheat and whatnot.
Furthermore no one "tries" cheats. You want to see how it works? Start a game or a multiplayer game, invite some fellows and let them know what you're doing and test it at will, don't do it on public servers which aren't yours to begin with and which have people who want to have legit fun. Cheating is cheating now matter how you try to justify it.
As far as you know, even if those admins cheat, they could have been testing different cheats themselves to see how they behave too, no? Why are you so special to try something they can't?
Hypocrisy at its greatest level...

Either ways, the OP requested the deactivation of his account, so I did, hence:

TOPIC LOCKED (again)

And I ask for no one to create further topics about this, unless it's to talk about it generically without any finger pointing whatsoever.