Master server issues

Discussions about Servers
User avatar
DLD-RABBIT
Average
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 pm
Personal rank: *...*
Location: Eden, North Carolina USA

Re: Master server issues

Post by DLD-RABBIT » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 pm

You guys do know their are other master servers out there ?
http://333networks.com/ut
Online play doesn't happen because of the master server, online play is because of the internet itself, (You could also open location) with the server I.P.'s. UT99 isn't going to die because of a hicup in one of the master server.

I encourage you guys to use 333networks, and maybe come up with some other master servers, and server I.p. listings.

Jim DLD-RABBIT

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9935
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Master server issues

Post by papercoffee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Dr.Flay wrote: Come to think of it this forum should have a certain link highly visible here, but it is not :???:
:!: [ASC] [UT99.org]Community Server :!:
[url]unreal://89.163.163.66:7777[/url]

Yes this site actually has a server we can play on thanks to Shade.
Though one thing I notice is the lack of maps from here. It should be featuring the CBP 2 and last years Xmas pack.
Shade!!!

User avatar
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Posts: 3314
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist
Location: Kernow, UK

Re: Master server issues

Post by Dr.Flay » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:40 am

^^
Exactly what I thought.
Did anyone know about this ?

User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

Re: Master server issues

Post by UnrealGGecko » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:07 am

I did! :agree1:

noccer
Adept
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:15 pm
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Re: Master server issues

Post by noccer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Dr.Flay wrote:^^
Exactly what I thought.
Did anyone know about this ?
Wut?
Image

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<

User avatar
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Posts: 3314
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist
Location: Kernow, UK

Re: Master server issues

Post by Dr.Flay » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:07 am

The fact that there seems to be a UT99.org server

noccer
Adept
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:15 pm
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Re: Master server issues

Post by noccer » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:10 am

Oh man... :D

I didn't know about it, but i like it.
Image

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9935
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Master server issues

Post by papercoffee » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:50 pm

I played on our community server ...pretty stable.
And yes some additional maps would be cool ...but not too many. I dislike those Bazillion-Maps-Server.

UT99.org

Re: Master server issues

Post by UT99.org » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 pm

medor wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote: Come to think of it this forum should have a certain link highly visible here, but it is not :???:
:!: [ASC] [UT99.org]Community Server :!:
[url]unreal://89.163.163.66:7777[/url]

Yes this site actually has a server we can play on thanks to Shade.
Though one thing I notice is the lack of maps from here. It should be featuring the CBP 2 and last years Xmas pack.
Shade!!!
Need help for config ?

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9935
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Master server issues

Post by papercoffee » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:01 am

medor wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote: Come to think of it this forum should have a certain link highly visible here, but it is not :???:
:!: [ASC] [UT99.org]Community Server :!:
[url]unreal://89.163.163.66:7777[/url]

Yes this site actually has a server we can play on thanks to Shade.
Though one thing I notice is the lack of maps from here. It should be featuring the CBP 2 and last years Xmas pack.
Shade!!!
Need help for config ?
No ...it was meant like "Shade, why didn't you tell us about this server??"
Shade is the only one who can configure "our" server.

User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

Re: Master server issues

Post by UnrealGGecko » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:24 am

Why don't we advertise that server by posting a new sticky thread in the Servers section about it? That should make it at least half-visible. :P

User avatar
Hitman
Skilled
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:01 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Master server issues

Post by Hitman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:49 am

I have this issue to, shows CheckConnectionAttempt: Error while checking socket status at the end of the log when it starts up, and say UCC have stopped working, I notice it works if I disable Nexgen, so I tried to shift vertion and even to ASC760, same error. the weird thing is that its only on 2 of my servers, the rest 6 servers work fine and have the same setup and have the same setup but diff gametypes.