Servers no longer in Master List

Discussions about Servers
-=CoN=-Strych9
Average

Servers no longer in Master List

Post by -=CoN=-Strych9 »

The other day I read that epic master server is now working again, so it prompted me to go out and check to see if my servers were still showing up. I could see 652 servers but my servers were not in the list. I went and double checked my Douplink settings and made sure all settings were correct. I put wireshark on the server and could see where it was sending a heartbeat out to 199.255.40.174. I also noticed that a status request kept coming in from 69.10.30.248 which I found was master0.gamespy.com and I thought that have been shutdown, but my server was replying with all server information back, but I never got any status requests from anywhere else. So after many hours of tinkering and google-ing, I changed my client to search 333networks master server and my servers showed up there, even though I had never put the 333networks master server in my server's settings. I also noticed that 333networks master server showed ~750 servers 100 more than the utmaster.epicgames.com showed. Hard for me to say something is wrong with the utmaster.epicgames.com server since so many servers are still showing up. I want my servers to still show up for people that install the game and have the "out of the box" settings.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if maybe there is something might be going on with the utmaster server.

Thanks,

S9
UT99.org

Re: Servers no longer in Master List

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:
-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote: I could see 652 servers but my servers were not in the list. I went and double checked my Douplink settings and made sure all settings were correct. I put wireshark on the server and could see where it was sending a heartbeat out to 199.255.40.174.
Two addresses resolve to that IP, utmaster.epicgames.com and unreal.epicgames.com. But unreal.epicgames.com won't respond, not sure if it's broken or the game itself is sending queries it is not prepared for. Make sure you use utmaster
-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote: I also noticed that a status request kept coming in from 69.10.30.248 which I found was master0.gamespy.com and I thought that have been shutdown, but my server was replying with all server information back,
You will be uplinked to it, but it's useless now unless you manually add it and a flag to make it not self-update the master lists from epic each time you open the game. Epic recently removed gamespy
-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote: but I never got any status requests from anywhere else. So after many hours of tinkering and google-ing, I changed my client to search 333networks master server and my servers showed up there, even though I had never put the 333networks master server in my server's settings. I also noticed that 333networks master server showed ~750 servers 100 more than the utmaster.epicgames.com showed.
This is something that half of us think is dodgy and half don't. It's borderline illegal, but he thinks he's fine enough with it to send his software to others
-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote: Hard for me to say something is wrong with the utmaster.epicgames.com server since so many servers are still showing up. I want my servers to still show up for people that install the game and have the "out of the box" settings.
Hmm maybe I'm wrong since you mention utmaster here. In that case I'm surprised, you try same config on another machine outside of this one? It could be firewall or IP related, if you are using the same setup it will tell you. If it doesn't manage to uplink on second one then you are doing something wrong on the server config
-=CoN=-Strych9
Average

Post by -=CoN=-Strych9 »

billybill wrote: Two addresses resolve to that IP, utmaster.epicgames.com and unreal.epicgames.com. But unreal.epicgames.com won't respond, not sure if it's broken or the game itself is sending queries it is not prepared for. Make sure you use utmaster
Sorry for not being clear. I have the utmasterl.epicgames.com and unreall.epicgames.com
billybill wrote: You will be uplinked to it, but it's useless now unless you manually add it and a flag to make it not self-update the master lists from epic each time you open the game. Epic recently removed gamespy
I found it odd though that it was requesting information though if it is off.
billybill wrote: This is something that half of us think is dodgy and half don't. It's borderline illegal, but he thinks he's fine enough with it to send his software to others
What software is being sent out? I thought you had to link to it for servers to show.

billybill wrote: Hmm maybe I'm wrong since you mention utmaster here. In that case I'm surprised, you try same config on another machine outside of this one? It could be firewall or IP related, if you are using the same setup it will tell you. If it doesn't manage to uplink on second one then you are doing something wrong on the server config
It is not firewall related. I have ruled all of that out. I tried it on another machine on another network and that new "test" server (fresh install) did not show either.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

The current master from epicgames is utmaster.epicgames.com

I had the uplink deleted and when i found out some of my server is not listed i reactivated it. It didn't show up first but after around 10 minutes i found my server.
Just give it some minutes, after 15 minutes your server should be shown.

333networks has 2 things, a master and a browser.
A master where you can uplink to, and a browser where people can see which servers are online. That is nothing illegal and no software is been sent. If you want some information you can pm me

Maybe Epicgames finally filters out servers with fakeplayers? chrchrchr

However: For secure validate:

ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=no-host.de MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900

For "normal" uplink

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=no-host.de MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:same problem for one of the server i admin.

Resolving with go to the http configuration / re check the "advertise server" case and reload server.
After that it work and i remove the new par that making at the end of the UT.ini
-=CoN=-Strych9
Average

Post by -=CoN=-Strych9 »

noccer wrote:The current master from epicgames is utmaster.epicgames.com

I had the uplink deleted and when i found out some of my server is not listed i reactivated it. It didn't show up first but after around 10 minutes i found my server.
Just give it some minutes, after 15 minutes your server should be shown.
It has been over a day since I noticed it and nothing has changed. I will continue to watch and wait.
noccer wrote: 333networks has 2 things, a master and a browser.
A master where you can uplink to, and a browser where people can see which servers are online. That is nothing illegal and no software is been sent. If you want some information you can pm me
Thank you. Yeah I was not sure what software would be sent out in this instance.

EDIT----------------------- by papercoffee
medor wrote:same problem for one of the server i admin.

Resolving with go to the http configuration / re check the "advertise server" case and reload server.
After that it work and i remove the new par that making at the end of the UT.ini
Glad it is not just me seeing this. I did try turning the advertise off and back on last night but no luck.

Thank you

Please avoid double posts next time!!
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:the number in the first parameter was for regions. I know gamespy was still using the 0 and 0 = no region specified. Maybe we will get more regional master servers for ut4 or "UT" :P
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote: It has been over a day since I noticed it and nothing has changed. I will continue to watch and wait.
Oh wow, that sucks, a complete day isn't that nice.

do you have this in your .ini:

;[IpServer.UdpServerUplink]
[SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink]
DoUpLink=1
UpdateMinutes=1
MasterServerPort=27900

And: have a look at your log for this:
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7778 successfully bound.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
-=CoN=-Strych9
Average

Post by -=CoN=-Strych9 »

I will try the settings with securevalidate and let you know.

Thanks for all the help.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Hmmm.
Good bit of feedback.
If you have got both the epic masters set for uplink, and removed GS, that tells us, Epic are fetching the results directly from Gamespy (just like 333master), but only using that.
Various tests have been done by 333networks on the Epic master already, and we'll do a few more.
Not good news.
We are aware Epic are using an old master, but it is newer than the Gamespy version.

*EDIT*
1st basic test
utmaster.epicgames.com has some serious latency issues
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Dr.Flay wrote: *EDIT*
1st basic test
utmaster.epicgames.com has some serious latency issues
hmmmm...

Is this the server?
Image <= click
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I just hope they are sensible enough to have the 2 hosted in different servers, or they both go down together if something happens.

*EDIT*
Further tests in.
No they are are running the 2 masters on the same setup. Not very good for robustness.

For some reason the extended latency tests show their master to be responding very quickly, but not in the Ubrowser :noidea very odd.
Still early days yet.

However the tested server uplink is showing when using Epic only, so hopefully noccers info has helped anyway.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I was sure I removed the gamespy uplink and added the utmaster to get listed. Thought the gamespy server was already removed from clients querying by Epic like a week ago now