LGIG servers...

Post by duckme »

gimme links :D
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: LGIG servers...

Post by Dr.Flay »

"Please" and "thank you" are fairly standard to most cultures, and this community is not an exception :wink:

You should bare in mind that most new players (a lot of the current scene) will have no idea what LGIG means, and that will limit the answers you get.
Low-Grav Insta-Gib servers can be found by looking at the mutators running when you click on them in the Ubrowser.
Other than that you can use Gametracker http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut/ and type a couple of filters.
You may find this Ubrowser replacement helps to make thing clearer inside the game
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3284
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

mod is dead. also strong user name
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I did saw there was 1 server named Turbo LG? Idk... 144/40 oz server or something, I can't recall.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yeah, I think we may need an admin discussion about your username as there is no age limit on this site.
If f*ckme is the user name you use everywhere, I will stand by your right to use it, but I will also reinforce other peoples right to object.
A word is only a word until used in context, and your user name is not being used in an abusive way.
I'm guessing you are still quite young, as most people that use sweary tags tend to regret it 10 or 20 years down the line, when they want to be taken more seriously.
eg. if you become really good at mapping/modding and are offered a job, you will have to drop your tag, and then nobody that buys the game will recognise you in the credits.

However if I were to want a sweary tag, this is how I would do it, so I could use it anywhere, forever ;)
Choose a dead or dying language, perhaps even a fantasy or sci-fi language (Klingon is well documented).
I actually have the advantage there as my own Cornish language is now officially dead (makes the best passwords!)
...So I can call anyone here a "tuss" and you can't even look it up, as there has never been an official Cornish dictionary :satan:
You can probably guess it quite easily tho :mrgreen:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

rsbloom44 wrote:mod is dead. also strong user name
That's a word for it.
Dr.Flay wrote:Yeah, I think we may need an admin discussion about your username as there is no age limit on this site.
Can we switch the first part to 'kick'?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
duckme
Novice

Post by duckme »

this is my ut name, correct.

i just map for fun too...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

fuckme wrote:this is my ut name, correct.
Interpretations vary.

In the forums I'm EvilGrins.
On the servers I'm Doppleganger.

Keeps things interesting.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

fuckme wrote:this is my ut name, correct.

i just map for fun too...
I did send you a PM regarding your username.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:A lot of people wouldn't know that this game type was huge at one point. It got to the point people would change air control and gamespeed and have server names like iCTF 155/55 or 150/50, or whatever numbers, they represented the game speed and then air control.

Personally, I always preferred normal game speed and air control, the only exception being that these CTF games were on certain types of map, still used in siege today, where the bases would be far apart with a large open area in the middle. The idea is that players on a team would bunny hop up and down while others on their team shoot at their own team members to catapult them across the map into the other base. While it was fun and all for a few years, for instagib play those settings were terrible. The bouncing and catapulting was rather fun and a neat little aspect that I think players miss and come back from other games to see it's noticeable absence. You are probably one of these players I would assume. I'm not sure what the answer here is, if you like instagib there are plenty of servers, and low grav maps. If you liked those other things you better find one with jumppads and low grav :P