Suggest a server type

Discussions about Servers
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Suggest a server type

Post by Chamberly »

I didn't find v3 @ ut-files so I had to post this one. I can take a look at it and see what I can do. & Nexgen have nothing to do with preventing it, I guess it was the other one called TeleCrap? http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=C ... leCrap.zip
lol I wasn't active looking at this kinda stuff, wasn't abused as of lately.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

Yeah I looked at my files today and saw that I didnt finish v3. And instead of kicking people exploiting the teleporter trick i just redirected them to a playerstart. I can finish it if there is need for it but as I said I believe there already is some other mod that does the same. But yeah i wouldnt recommend v2 because of that bug I mentioned earlier.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Re: Suggest a server

Post by RocketJedi »

>@tack!< wrote:
Chamberly wrote: AntiTeleHackv2 (prevent cheating the record) (http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=G ... HackV2.rar ),
It's funny that you mention this one (I made it), It actually has a bug that sometimes kicks/bans a player joining even though he/she is not using the teleporter hack. I believe I even tried to fix it in a v3 version but it was still there though very hard to replicate the problem.

Also I believe some other mod already prevents this, maybe its nexgen.

maybe BTAC6?
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Suggest a server

Post by Chamberly »

Qwerty wrote:maybe BTAC6?
No, that's BunnyTrackAntiCheat. It basically do some scanning and kick if the player is speedhacking, mostly. & there is a lot of false positive on that.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Like I was saying, the long-term absence of anything Siege on MPUK is a big deal. I don't want to jump to any conclusions though. It's actually up there with the top game-types that are played, it's strategy and does require some team-work. I find it weird some of the game-types you do have. Maybe that's another reason the servers are empty. Siege has quite a history and it's not limited to the two or three communities who play it these days. Wasn't long ago we had siege servers down-under that were just as popular as all the rest (Now down under lucky to get one or two players a night on any server so that's why no longer). It was at one point so big there could be one leech server and one normal. (leech is a game-mode where nobody are enemies, each side would build 'leech' in others base and leech RU. It's bound to use a lot of server resources but invaluable for new players to learn)

I highly recommend putting one of those old skool siege ones on there. Find the the latest stable version and mess around with it, I'd swap out all the ZP weapons with regular (in the ini) to avoid zeroping related cheating, and bring the level of play up to what your other NW popular servers have. (ZP suuuucks)

Edit: By the way, many people must be wondering by now why the lack of MPUK UT4 servers
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Thanks for all of the replies!

Our latest addition is Deck16 only - Nali Weapons 3.
I'm busy tweaking the weapons so that they are not too powerful.

Our busiest server is Deck 16 only - normal weapons - all weapons full ammo.

Other popular ones are:

DM2 - Deathmatch - normal weapons
DM10 and DM11 - RedeemerSniperheaven only - normal weapons (DM11 with NW3 pickups and a few weapons)
CTF7 - CTF - instagib
TDM7 - TDM Sniper server,
NW - Deathmatch - Nail Weapons 3
MH3 - MH -Nail Weapons 3

I'm working on getting some other empty/quiet servers busier!

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
totallyunreal
Novice

Post by totallyunreal »

Just FYI, I’ve heard pretty good things about 1&1 and their game servers. I’ve played co-op Minecraft with a server from them, but not UT yet. I think they have 25 to 1,530 gaming ports, but this page can provide a bit more detail on pricing and security, etc. I’d be interested to know if anyone else has used them before :)