Setting up own redirect server issue's

Discussions about Servers
P3T3^
Novice

Setting up own redirect server issue's

Post by P3T3^ »

Hi guys !

I am working on a redirect server for UT Files to have everything under own management and prevent version issues, anways here's where it's going wrong.
I can see the files on my webserver but for some odd reason the files are still being downloaded directly from the UT Server. At least i can see it showing up there sending files.. Wich you shouldn't see if the files are redirected i believe.

Would you guys mind helping me out a little ?

I've got an IIS 7 Webserver on Windows 2008 server running. I've added .uz file extension and i've also opened the directory up for file browsing.
I've tried putting the port for the redirect on the UT Server to 80 since this is the standard port thats opened up for the webserver.

http://80.56.111.165/uz

Thanks in advance !

Greetz,
P3T3^
Instagib SPAM! Server 3v3 iCTF :: 80.56.111.165:7801 :: Only Small Maps (Down for 1 day due to moving)
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: Setting up own redirect server issue's

Post by UTPe »

what are the params written in your UnrealTournament.ini for [IpDrv.HTTPDownload] ?
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
P3T3^
Novice

Post by P3T3^ »

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://80.56.111.165/uz
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True
Instagib SPAM! Server 3v3 iCTF :: 80.56.111.165:7801 :: Only Small Maps (Down for 1 day due to moving)
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

and what about [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] ?

sorry but there is something I don't get...game server and redirect server are on the same machine ?
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
P3T3^
Novice

Post by P3T3^ »

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
MaxDownloadSize=0
ConnectionTimeout=15.0
InitialConnectTimeout=120.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.0
MaxClientRate=25000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=65
LanServerMaxTickRate=65
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload
MaxConnPerIPPerMinute=5
LogMaxConnPerIPPerMin=False
AllowPlayerPortUnreach=True
LogPortUnreach=False

And no, the UT Server and Web Server are physically different machines. Just on the same line. From what i know from the past is that server sided downloads can be quite a strain on the server while people playing on it. This to me is one of the main reasons to setup a redirect server but you can get all kinds of mismatches etc if you use a free server and up time isn't always guaranteed. So hence i'm trying to get one of my own up and running. Perhaps host for other servers if needed but for now to at least support my own servers. It seems tho that the issue is within IIS, but i'm not sure.. Thats why i was wondering if i was doing something wrong.

I have also tried to redirect to the internal IP of the webserver but my guess is this can create some weird stuff if people are connecting from outside. On LAN it should work just fine but it doesn't redirect either.

Thanks for the quick answers btw ! much appreciated
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

In my eyes it's nothing related to your UT Gameserver, but only to your webserver. Rule of thumb: if you are able to download the files through your webbrowser by manually constructing the URL "M.y.I.P/PathToRedirectFiles/RedirectFileName.Uextension.uz", redirect for UT clients will work like a charm. You are probably working on it, as I'm not even able to ping your IP adress at the moment. Make sure your Webserver/Firewall/Router is set up correctly so you can access the webserver from outside, and check whether the redirect files are downloadable by constructing the URL as described above (try for Example "http://80.56.111.165/uz/CTF-Face.unr.uz" if you added CTF-Face to the redirect files.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
P3T3^
Novice

Post by P3T3^ »

Hey Sp0nge !

Yeah, i was screwing around a little on the server and yes, i do think it is webserver related, however .... the single file download works, i can download the files just fine. Still the UT server keeps sending stuff instead of redirecting it cause it's still showing 'sending file....... ' on the UT Server. If i'm correct it shouldn't show that when it's redirected.

I was looking in the MIME type since thats where you have to add the .uz support but you also have to add the MIME-type itself. At the moment i have application/octet-stream and was wondering if there could be an issue here for there has to be a certain support inserted. Or perhaps UT99 has issues with redirecting to it's own IP alltho physically they are running on different machines. Thanks for any input in advance ! :)

Everything is back up and running if you would like to give a look in to it :)
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Well I had to laugh here, because you forgot the closing "/" that every guide mentions and every 'example ini' has. Not sure how you managed that, hope it solves your problem

These two relate to redirection as well

AllowDownloads=True
MaxDownloadSize=0
P3T3^
Novice

Post by P3T3^ »

I feel retarded now :F

But thanks a million Billybill !
I addded the '/' at the end and it solved it... duh @ me... a typical case of RTFM i guess ?! :P

Again thanks for your time guys !