Can anyone tell me what this is ?

Discussions about Servers
P3T3^
Novice

Can anyone tell me what this is ?

Post by P3T3^ »

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what this ment and i'm trying to point out the part where stuff seems to get copy'd into the server :

I have installed XServerQuery yesterday, could it be from the query ? i can hardly imagine something being copy'd into the server from that, but ey.. who knows..
Is this a known issue ? and can i do something about it ?
Thanks in advance !
Last edited by P3T3^ on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagib SPAM! Server 3v3 iCTF :: 80.56.111.165:7801 :: Only Small Maps (Down for 1 day due to moving)
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ?

Post by Darkelarious »

The IP does not show up in any of my logs. The data looks somewhat like raw UDP join data, perhaps somebody tried to join your server on the query port?
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I would've said what he said, and it's debug data from XServerQuery. I'm guessing there's an option to turn off logging. Some tools if you need 'em: http://www.hcidata.info/host2ip.cgi http://ip2location.com/demo
P3T3^
Novice

Post by P3T3^ »

@ Dark

At first that is what i thought as well but then kicked in Billybill's answer wich i was looking in to as well.

@ billybill

I kinda thought it was XServerQuery cause after updating the server with that i was getting this, never seen this happening before with SecureValidate.
Thanks for the links btw, but i started a 'Tracert' to the IP and found that it was in Germany.

I guess i don't really have to worry there then about stuff being injected into the server. Server seems to be running just fine so far.

This morning tho i could see someone trying to join on a weird port from the same IP range. Not exactly the same IP, I've added it and the IP from the previous stuff to my BAN list for now.

As you can see he/she is trying to connect to port 7130 where my server is running from 7801.

Thanks for your time guys !
Last edited by P3T3^ on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Instagib SPAM! Server 3v3 iCTF :: 80.56.111.165:7801 :: Only Small Maps (Down for 1 day due to moving)
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I think that's the local port dude. But the top one he is def. trying to get in the query port
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Tell her to join as server.ip.here.add:7801?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
P3T3^
Novice

Post by P3T3^ »

I have no idea who it is that is trying to join me, all i have is the IP adress. And in my signature you can see the IP to join the server, i haven't added a DNS to it yet.
Looking in the Server Browser within UT itself you can see and join the server just fine.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Ok, check.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?