Can't see servers...

Discussions about Servers
MartiniPL
Novice

Can't see servers...

Post by MartiniPL »

I need help. I have looked this forums and archives (and googled to), but I got confused...

My UT browser doesn't show any servers online. I try to run (again) TacticalOps 2.2 server, but I am unable to find any servers running. I have eddited unreal.ini to add utmaster (line), but it didn't give any result. What should I edit, or where to add what, to be able to see servers? Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Jerry
http://projektnostalgia.phorum.pl - Tactical Ops 2.2 Mappack Echo and Server!!!
UT99.org

Re: Can't see servers...

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:OS?
MartiniPL
Novice

Post by MartiniPL »

Windows XP, I am running Ut 99 with 4.36 patch
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:k, thought it might be the vista bug. Can you check your UnrealTournament.ini for the line bKeepMasterServer and set it to false. If it's not that then something on your network is blocking you
MartiniPL
Novice

Post by MartiniPL »

Can't find such line in UnrealTournament.ini

Paste from my ini:

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=no-host.de MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack

and:

[UBrowserPopulated]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,MinPlayers=1,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDeathmatch]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserTeamGames]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserCTF]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDOM]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Domination,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Assault,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLMS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFactMasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900, Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bHidden=True
bFallbackFactories=True
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:can you add this section if it's not in there already

Code: Select all

[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserUT
ServerListNames[1]=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[2]=UBrowserPopulated
ServerListNames[3]=UBrowserDeathmatch
ServerListNames[4]=UBrowserTeamGames
ServerListNames[5]=UBrowserCTF
ServerListNames[6]=UBrowserDOM
ServerListNames[7]=UBrowserAS
ServerListNames[8]=UBrowserLMS
ServerListNames[9]=UBrowserAll
bKeepMasterServer=False
Also, waaay off-topic but since you have half-included SV I assume this part you pasted is from a server config.

add this somewhere near the top of the [Engine.GameEngine] section

ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerQuery
and remove following lines

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
You actually don't need to uplink to 333networks since they scan Epic's list every 15 minutes. They also add your server to their website with any email addresses in plaintext for web robots. And even after you remove the uplink to Epic, 333networks will keep your server listed as public as long as it is online and visible in your favorites list. Best idea is to block the 333networks tracking IP on your firewall if you don't like any of this (resolve 333networks.com domain to get the tracking ip)

Edit: typo
Last edited by UT99.org on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartiniPL
Novice

Post by MartiniPL »

billybill - Thank you for your support and help - I have edited .ini files as you suggested, and TADAM! It worked! Many Thanks :)

If you please could help me with same issue with TacticalOps, you are best! Seems I cant make it work... Thank you in advance!
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:This is from a default TacticalOps.ini, once again it's the bKeepMasterServer=False that will fix all the broken settings

[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[1]=UBrowserAll
bKeepMasterServer=False

[UBrowserUT]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLAN]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserLocalFact,BeaconProduct=ut
URLAppend=?LAN
AutoRefreshTime=10
bNoAutoSort=True

[UBrowserPopulated]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,MinPlayers=1,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDeathmatch]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserTeamGames]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserCTF]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDOM]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Domination,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Assault,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLMS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bHidden=True
bFallbackFactories=True
MartiniPL
Novice

Post by MartiniPL »

It's there already, but won't work. got message: Master Server Failed: The master server could not be resolved; master0.gamespy.com

Checked twice UT99 again, and I can see servers. TO won't see anything.
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Post by Torax »

For some reasons it tryin' to connect to GameSpy which, as far as i remember, down for a long time. But i can be make a mistake on this...
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Okay try switching from False to True

bKeepMasterServer=True
and change line 1 in this

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bHidden=True
bFallbackFactories=True
to

ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
If that doesn't work, try changing [1]. If it doesn't work after that I'd say either you have duplicate sections in your ini or you are editing the wrong file
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote: You actually don't need to uplink to 333networks since they scan Epic's list every 15 minutes. They also add your server to their website with any email addresses in plaintext for web robots. And even after you remove the uplink to Epic, 333networks will keep your server listed as public as long as it is online and visible in your favorites list. Best idea is to block the 333networks tracking IP on your firewall if you don't like any of this (resolve 333networks.com domain to get the tracking ip)
:wth:

@ MartiniPL
Or you can read for yourself at 333networks.com how everything works. (Don't ask me, I don't know anything about server) ;)
But yes, technically you don't have to upload or receive anything to 333networks, this is all up to you.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I been using 333networks in my browser connection for UT servers and I don't have any problem. lol.

Glad to see it's working out MartiniPL!
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Why the frown @papercoffee?

By the way there are other trackers that you would need an external firewall to block, such as http://gametracker.com and http://tracker.ut99.tk. I'm hoping to put out something UScript-based that would give you more control over who can track/query your servers. There will be an option to use the banlist as well so banned players will no longer be able to see your server as online
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Hello MartinPL

We got a wiki where you can also find the instructions for UT, and if you play some other games where you don´t find games since gamespy died.

http://wiki.333networks.com/index.php/C ... Tournament

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<