Discussions about Servers
MartiniPL
Novice

Re: Can't see servers...

Post by MartiniPL »

new problem has appeared, which I never meet ealier:

After lunching internet Game, game crashes. Log shows:

Log: Spawning: SecureValidate.SVUdpServerQuery
Warning: Failed to load 'SecureValidate': Can't find file for package 'SecureValidate'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class SecureValidate.SVUdpServerQuery': Can't find file for package 'SecureValidate'
Warning: Can't find file for package 'SecureValidate'
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Can't find file for package 'SecureValidate'
http://projektnostalgia.phorum.pl - Tactical Ops 2.2 Mappack Echo and Server!!!
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

You seem not to have securevalidate in your ut folder.

You can get it here http://ut.noccer.de/Anticheat/SecureValidate.zip

You must also set back the Securevalidate lines in your unrealtournament.ini that you deleted after billybills post.
At least you should have the uplink to utmaster.epicgames.com in it. This is taken from my .ini

Code: Select all

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=256
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerQuery
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.tk MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I don't remember telling him to remove that line, if I did it's because epic probably wouldn't send malicious udps. But now I remember that anyone can send to that port (7779) and not just the servers uplinked

This one here you should remove or comment out if you have a default password or don't know what it does

ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:because epic probably wouldn't send malicious udps.
Keep your stupid vendetta and persistent allegations out of our forum. I have enough of your disguised flames and taunts.
Go somewhere else if you have to kick up a stink.

Keep it constructive or don't post.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I don't want to argue with a moderator here. I am certain it's a language barrier though so I'll rephrase to make sure
"I don't remember telling him to remove that line, if I did it's because epic probably wouldn't send malicious udps. But now I remember that anyone can send to that port (7779) and not just the servers uplinked"
I went to a lot of work on what lines to add and what to remove in the beginning of this thread. So it pains me to have to re-visit to clear this up for you. But you overrule me so now I have to, maybe I'll think twice before helping someone next time

noccer says "You must also set back the Securevalidate lines in your unrealtournament.ini that you deleted after billybills post. At least you should have the uplink to utmaster.epicgames.com in it. This is taken from my .ini"

Well here's the post, decide for yourself viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6153#p71569

If I asked him to remove a secure validate line relating to an epic server, (which I didn't) that's because I mistakenly assumed the port was open especially for Epic and Epic would NOT send a bad UDP.

If you still think that I have some kind of personal love affair and want to marry 333networks then consider this, it's apparent his UT wouldn't be messed up if he didn't try adding 333networks to it in the first place. Which was based on what exactly? The truth is this, and even this is slightly exaggerated: 1. "it's faster than epic" and their other true claim 2. "it's a backup in case epic does gown". Those are the only two reasons anyone should add 333networks.

However you see how I asked him what OS he had?, because I was actually trying to help. Yet noccer ignored this and started spamming more 333 crap that should be optional (If you read my posts throughout this thread I mention how they do more harm than good). Threads like one from gametracker back up exactly what I'm saying here http://www.gametracker.com/games/ut/for ... ost=368603

So a suggestion @papercoffee
papercoffee wrote: @ MartiniPL
Or you can read for yourself at 333networks.com how everything works. (Don't ask me, I don't know anything about server) ;)
But yes, technically you don't have to upload or receive anything to 333networks, this is all up to you.
If you don't know what you're talking about, then now you do. Believe me I have much better things I could be doing than re-visiting a post I put a lot of effort into because you mistakenly think I'm misleading people. I can try post that in german for you but I'm a little rusty, always thought it was an english forum. Anyway if you could kindly please keep your vendetta for Wises as he is approaching the 1000 post mark and is bound to break a few forum rules
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

Yeay, he deleted the SecureValidate lines. It can happen and in this case it happened after bbs post. If i was abstinent for long time, i could also understand that i have to delete all these lines, if one tells me to not use and block this and that. It was really confusing. I posted the links to to-live.eu and our wiki because everything is written there. Yes it was a bit convenient for me, so i don´t have to copypaste and format everything again. On the other hand, that optional stuff is also very convenient, have a look at the high definition textures. New players or those who came back, get them always suggested. There is nothing wrong with it, in fact, it is a nice thing to (re)welcome and help players.

What wrong is, to suggest blocking harmless third party stuff just to do damage to those who worked hard for that.

Did one of us advice to block your gameservers where you force people to play with high pings and automatically rename players with stupid names? Did one of us advice to not talk to you since you are known as server hacker, server crasher and known for spoofing other players ID to take the ... with the original owners of those IDs? I should thank you in some way because when you polluted my server with faked player logins and crashed it after i banned your ip and ASC ID, i had to search better ways to get rid of you, and i found iptables. I can imagine how safe you was that i shut down, but you did not realize that we were playing again - without you ;)

You want others to listen to the community, you should follow your own suggestion. Listen to Steve, he is really the best guy in your forum. btw, why does your server not allow (CENSORED)?

You should really explain that.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
MartiniPL
Novice

Post by MartiniPL »

after instaling SV zip file, I am able to lunch server. Also, I can add IP to favorite and see it there. Can't see it though on global TO servers list. IP is 178.252.18.58 - I have router setuped to forward server ports ect.
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

MartiniPL wrote:after instaling SV zip file, I am able to lunch server. Also, I can add IP to favorite and see it there. Can't see it though on global TO servers list. IP is 178.252.18.58 - I have router setuped to forward server ports ect.
I got the same when i start a UT server from home, i can not see it, but other people cansee it and connect. That happens if your router (or was it the OS??) doesn´t support loopback. I just added your server to my favourites, Server Name: Tactical Ops 2.2 Project Nostalgia, i am downloading maps (you really need a redirect), so it seems everything is fine ;)

MartiniPL
Novice

Post by MartiniPL »

noccer- great reply. Be sure to note that it's a Tactical Ops 2.2 server - thou you can download mappack from Here
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

Okay, i got it, but still some files need to be downloaded (i guess it is because i dont have TacOps installed)

The people from to-live got a public redirect, maybe you want to use it: http://to-live.eu/index.php?site=download_portal

Oh lol, i see that the redirect is for version 3.5, so better do not use the one i posted, and get your own one. You will have version mismatches with nearly all texture packages :/

MartiniPL
Novice

Post by MartiniPL »

that's why server have 2.2 version in name, to keep it clear - yet I still can see people are joining it (even now) with version 3.5, which forces them to download big ammount of stuff, which - after all - won't do anything, because they will be not able to play at all with different version.

Edit-----------------by papercoffee

noccer - can you actually see this server in Server list, or after you added it to favs? Friend reports to me, that he can see it when added to favs, not on global server list.

EDIT: I tested it from home. I can add server to Fav's and play on it, but I can not see it TO Server lists, where currently are 28 servers. I think its not advertised (window is checked, ofc).

EDIT II: I will try tommorow change setup of this line:
[TOServers]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TO350,bCompatibleServersOnly=False

since It may cause server log not properly onto server lists.

EDIT III;

[TOServers]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TO350,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TO220,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=s_SWATGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
last one line was most important, since TO 2.2 is s_SWATGame, not TO 220 :)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Please refrain from double posting within a 24 hours time limit.
Thank you.