Hello... need help

Discussions about Servers
plontotra44
Novice

Hello... need help

Post by plontotra44 »

Hello All. :rock:
This is my first post here.
I,ve been having mutator problems with my server for the last few weeks.
In truth its not actually my server,but i was helping a friend out who couldn,t manage it,and i sort of became an admin,but i do not know a lot about the internal settings,or how to set up a server after a complete wipe,or reinstal.
The server was wiped/reinstalled after not being able to read the following mutators:Nali weapons3,and Stuffswapper.
The remote server admin page no longer reads these mods,and it was thought at the time that a reinstal would fix this issue,but it hasn,t.
On the server managers page i have been told this :
The Stuffswapper mutator is listed as an invalid mod, which is why it probably isn't displaying via webadmin.
Unknown Mutator in use: NWCoreV3.NWMainReplacer
Unknown Mutator in use: StuffSwapper.StuffSwapper
I haven't really seen this issue before. Have you made any changes to the game other than basic configurations or uploading of the mods?

I,m pretty sure i havent done anything that i have done in the past.
I cant add the mutators via web admin,and they are not listed anyway.Just rephrasing.
Here is the server : 8.9.6.123:7777
zp Lightbeings server 10 players
I use relics and they are listed as in use in the mutators used list,but when entering the game,theyare not seen anywhere.

zp stands for zero ping.
I still have to pay for the server,and its basically inactive because noone wants to play there because all the good stuff that was there is gone,and i,m having a hard time getting it back.
Any help will be appreciated by me,and the players who play there regularly.
Thanks much in advance :gj: :ripper:
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Hello... need help

Post by sektor2111 »

plontotra44 wrote:Unknown Mutator in use: NWCoreV3.NWMainReplacer
Unknown Mutator in use: StuffSwapper.StuffSwapper
I think you don't have some INT files required and what are used for anyway ?
Else maybe you can get rid of Webadmin interface. If server is Rented probably has interface provided by Owners and that doesn't mess with stupid messages. If is a Home-Made one you can manage it using a remote control application.
For the rest of configuration probably you won't get hurt about reading topic with Modern UT'99 Server Settings where Higor was kind with some useful things.
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
TY for your reply.
I get the first part of this statement... not enough int files,but not sure what your asking in the second part.
"I think you don't have some INT files required and {what are used for anyway ?"}
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

plontotra44 wrote:I get the first part of this statement... not enough int files,but not sure what your asking in the second part.
To enhance clarification.
A server will load mutators without having INT using whatever MapVote and will run maybe even more smoother without any WebAdmin things (usually is another gate opened at troubles and claim unknown mutators which are so well known by people). You can happily get rid of any web related actor letting server to slide happily like a butterfly.
See here a fragment from my INI :ironic: ";" I'm using this for a few years... I think from 2009 ?

Code: Select all

;ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Thanks,appreciate it :)
Ok,i,ll bring it up with the server managers.
Looks pretty straightforward.
Again,i am not the main admin,just a pal who really likes the server,and the people who play there.
Some of this stuff i,ve never dealt with before.
ie....Right now the relics are listed as being active on the server,but when you go there to play you dont see any,and thats whats going on for a lot of things,that are listed as active,but are not really active,so i guess thats the main issue needing fixing.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

plontotra44 wrote:Right now the relics are listed as being active on the server,but when you go there to play you dont see any
Everything containing visual or audio things that need to be seen in client have to be placed in "ServerPackages" from INI (it might be Server.ini, UnrealTournament.ini, etc depending on INI used). Relics are one of those things. So to speak if they aren't in packages simply you have a chance to feel them but to not see them - happens even with a new weapon which is not in packages - damage exists but no audio-visual either.
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

The mutators have been disabled.

For the installation of mutators the .u file will need to be declared within the UnrealTournament.ini file.

ServerPackages=MutatorFileName

After that has been done the mutator should then appear within webadmin. Generally mutators will also include the engine name for the mutator for activating via the command line. If not, you can activate the mutators via webadmin and check the logs to see the ?mutator= entries during the level switch.

I don't believe I've seen any of these types of issues with the mutators not being recognized properly after being installed. This is an issue either with the mutators themselves or a conflict with another mutator.

If you'd like we can activate the mutators one by one or in small groups and then have you give them a test.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi.This(above),was the last reply i got from the people who were supposed to be helping me fix this issue the most.I have not heard from them in more than 30 hrs.
I,m getting desperate.I dont want to movt the server right now,as i just dont think i can afford to,and it may affect other regular players.
i am also going to attach 2 pics of what i did with regards to the mods,and putting them into the server.
2 weeks ago i asked the server people to remove mapvote 304,and i sent then the zip for lamapvote13,and they offered to remove 304,and put in mapvote13.They did,and it worked.
I dont know what/how they did it,but i have asked them to do the same thing with regard to nali3,and stuffswapper.
I dont understand how mods that have been on for years just stop working just like that.That is now 4 attempts at reinstal.
I usually get a much quicker reply from the server people,as i am never rude,or angry about issues.
The remote server admin is needed ,as it is how i add mods,remove mods,etc.
I hope any 1 can help me.
Thankyou.
Attachments
utini.jpg
comandline.jpg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Number 1)
:shock: I'm confused, you start with map CTF-Face a DeathMatchPlus which uses other prefix anyway.

Number 2)
:shock: Also confused. You want MapVoteLA13 loaded - well, ignore english grammar (as I do all the time) and put the right call to mutator: PACKAGE.CLASS which means in engine's language: ?Mutator=MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote. Technically what you have in that picture won't work ever, even you have declared ServerPackages=MapVoteLA13.

GameServers - I have recorded some complains about them but for me all time worked like a charm. I don't know why some players have noticed lags and evil things.

Edit: My fault, I was taking a look in reverse order forgetting about first picture. Yes, "ServerPackages=APackage". It doesn't need any extension defined. There is no extension described in any line above, after a basic logic why needs an extension your add-on ? Guys, how much did you read a guide for doing UT'99 servers ?
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

They are the ones that added those lines not me.
Been busy sending/waiting ticket answers.
Every time i do something correctly it crashes the server,every time they do something it works,and i have to keep asking them for favors.
They oblige,but sometimes takes 30 plus hours.
I,m trying to figure out how i can become an instant admin while playing on the server.
I know its by typing the password in the console after adminlogin,but it wont work,and getting that back may lead to some solutions.
Any idea how to do that?
I,ve asked them if it involves editing the ut.ini or config file,but no answer as of yet.
Thanks.
:0)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

How about something more simple ? Trying a LAN server in your computer and see how things works before toying with professional game-servers ? If you know what's going on with packages and the rest of settings Game-Servers shouldn't be a Rocket Science.
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

As i said before i am not the one doing these edits.
Gameservers may have changed something,because the admin of the server has always done things that way,and it has always worked.
Some of the mods that have been on are,The Apache Helicopter.That is gone now.
The admin has had the full nali weapons 3 on,and he has removed individual mods one at a time with no problem,until 2-3 weeks ago.
I myself do not know how to do those things,as it is not my server,but as a junior admin(shall we say),i can add/remove maps,and add/remove mutators via remote server...that was up until a few weeks ago.
These posts are from my observations.They know more than i do.
All i do is ask them,and listen to what the admin has done,and wait for help from them.
Ok.Heres a question...if you wanted to add the black rifle with 250 rounds by default that comes with the stuffswapper,what would the server command have to say?

So far what i keep hearing is whenever the admin does something the exact way the gameservers people have,the admin crashes,and the server people succeed.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Gameserver peoples really don't know what they are doing. They don't even know how to do UT99 servers. I can tell ya that for sure. :P Except for easy to install stuff.
I've been there trying to get them to help out when I was a noob, they don't even know how to do stuff.
Now it's different, they still rage at me for hijacking the server with .dll being added and stuff. & they do attempt to do nasty stuff like a gameserver sponsored crash system like I heard from someone rofl.

... I never used stuffswapper so I'm out of hand to help for that.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Ok,i think we are now in sync :) lol

HHMM,well for a good while they have been helping me with what you said.... minor stuff,and then since the server crashed,and a reinstal/wipe was done,it has turned into major stuff,but they are still helpful,but it takes way too long to get the help,or hear back from them.Its frustration for my friend the admin,who
It is a pretty damm good server too.Hopefully we can be what we were in a little while.
Thanks.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The way how you have called Mapvote in second picture won't load ever that thing, else probably it was used previously ActorCLP or such tools (described in INI) because I have more doubts as being like that in original line - I have seen such Interface and it's pretty helpful anyway if admin knows what is doing.
For me a Win server hosted directly is giving me access to everything - I drop logs outside of UT folder, I have run-line customized in "restore" style, and more...
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Afaik, don't need actorCLP... I've used and set up a few peoples' gameserver and they ran just fine.

I guess actorCLP was only there for peeps who don't have access to commandline to use? & it like to be crashy I think.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?