Hello... need help

Discussions about Servers
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Hello... need help

Post by sektor2111 »

Chamberly wrote:Afaik, don't need actorCLP... I've used and set up a few peoples' gameserver and they ran just fine.
Me neither but I considered that won't hurt to do a check at that thing because I think I can love it a bit, some admins are using it, server almost doesn't need major things in run-line, this tool loads things in a ServerTravel command so we have a slower start (or let's say double start).
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi. Update....
Trying to get all the things that were on the server before the crash.
Never mind about all the previous issues posted.The main admin will have to sort that out,with help from gameservers.
Now that the server is back,i,m going to be adding some new maps.I dont need their help for that,but anything else,and i have to ask them to do it or else it might crash the server.
As to why thats an issue which they wont answer...yet.

Do you know of a mod that will list only dm maps in 4 columns in MapvoteLA 13?
Right now there are over 160 maps,but they are only listed in one column,so it is impossible to pick a map that you like.
Thanks.
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

plontotra44 wrote: Do you know of a mod that will list only dm maps in 4 columns in MapvoteLA 13?
Right now there are over 160 maps,but they are only listed in one column,so it is impossible to pick a map that you like.
Thanks.
Manually you can add them like this:

List1Filter[0]=DM-A*
List1Filter[1]=DM-B*
List1Filter[2]=DM-C*
List1Filter[3]=DM-D*
List1Filter[4]=DM-E*
List2Filter[0]=DM-F*
List2Filter[1]=DM-G*
List2Filter[2]=DM-H*
List2Filter[3]=DM-I*
List2Filter[4]=DM-J*

And so on...
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
Ok,thanks,i will give that a try or pass it on to the server people,so they can do it.I hope it works on this server.

Does anyone know where i can download the map
POT Redeemer SNIPERheaven ?
Thanks.
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

DM-Redeemer-SniperHeaven.zip
(417.88 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
Thanks a lot,that was fast.

Speaking of fast.The server has crashed again.
I added/removed some maps,and restarted the server,and its gone.
I sent gameservers a ticket,and no idea when they will reply.
This should not be happening,and i wonder wtf is going on ???

Noone wants to move the server,they like it the way it is....except for the crashing...lol
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

plontotra44 wrote:Speaking of fast.The server has crashed again.
Would you mind to show us log-file?
Because
plontotra44 wrote:I sent gameservers a ticket,and no idea when they will reply.
they will get tired of troubles caused by users not by them.
In log you will see what happened. There are many causes: files missing, bad mod, random native crash (this is nasty), etc.
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
I logged into gameservers.com,but not sure if that is where to get the log file?
Thanks.
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

plontotra44 wrote:Hi.
I logged into gameservers.com,but not sure if that is where to get the log file?
Thanks.
Log into your FTP there. (there is a link on your control panel page on GameServers)
The logs are in your root folder. (first page you come to when on your FTP)
Find these 2 ...

gsconsole.log
and
screenlog.0

Can be opened with notepad or text editors.
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
Thanks.
It looks like i am missing the map DogtownLego.
I already have a map called DogtownLegoStyle.
I dont know where to get DogtownLego

I will attempt to rename the file DogtownlegoStyle to DogtownLego,and restart the server.

--Edit by UnrealGecko--

After putting the DogtownLegoStyle map back in,the server restarted,and the crash is over.
For now the server is back up.
Thanks all.

Please avoid making double-posts.
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

The truth is revealed.
The gameservers.com people changed the server and didnt tell us all how,including the admin/s ,and who pays for the server.

Here is a reply i got back from them,when a map i added did not run,and redirected to another map.
Its quite simple to add/remove maps via the ftp site,and then restart the server.

"Please give the map another try now. The server is running on Linux and the file names are case sensitive. The issue looks like one of the supporting files for the map was in all upper case and wasn't being recognized properly. This should now be corrected."

Linux is the change they made,and we have always been in windows,or at least that has been my impression.I,m just stuck in the middle.
I informed the main admin about all of this,and he is rightfully pissed.
Now what do we do?
Are we screwed?
I have no clue.
These are questions i am asking on behalf of all the players ther etc.
Thanks.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

plontotra44 wrote:Linux is the change they made,and we have always been in windows,or at least that has been my impression.I,m just stuck in the middle.
I informed the main admin about all of this,and he is rightfully pissed.
Bumping this a bit late, until at this moment I saw Game-Servers running the mostly on Linux, when you rent a server is better to open eyes to read all terms and info not only click buttons. Yes Linux is sensitive at Lettercases. Even I found another combination: Win server and Linux redirect - verrry crappy. Client call a file, Linux might say 404 (LetterCase troubles) and will download file from game-server. Some maps calls "Marines", others call "MARINES" and for Linux this is different.
You should check what kind of maps you were loading... so to speak YES, Win platforms are dominating here, a lot of maps might runs flawless in Win Servers and you can see hidden issues only running them in Linux. For such reasons I screwed some "maps" because were causing troubles.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Now if only the Linux porter had thought to add code that corrects URL's... or UTPG

This runs on XC_GameEngine and corrects the URL for the map, but can be easily adapted to run the correction on all of the server's packages.
It also allows you to send UnrealSP maps.

Unfortunately XC_GameEngine is semi-broken in Linux, so I'm moving most of the features into actors so that they can be utilized without having to load XC_GameEngine as main engine.

Code: Select all

if ( result->IsServer() )
	{
		check( result->GetOuter() );
		//Allow clients to request this file
		if ( result->GetOuter()->IsA( UPackage::StaticClass()) && !( ((UPackage*)result->GetOuter())->PackageFlags & 0x0001) )
		{
			debugf( (EName)XC_ENGINE_XC_Engine.GetIndex(), TEXT("Map package doesn't have allow download enabled, correcting") );
			((UPackage*)result->GetOuter())->PackageFlags += 1;
		}
		//Allow linux based redirects to send files from borked URL's
		for ( TObjectIterator<UPackageMap> It; It; ++It )
		{
			if ( !It->List.Num() )
				continue;
			if ( !(It->List(0).PackageFlags & 0x0001) )
				It->List(0).PackageFlags += 1;
			FLinkerHook* LNKh = (FLinkerHook*) It->List(0).Linker;
			TArray<FString> Test = GFileManager->FindFiles( *LNKh->Filename, 1, 1 );
			INT TestLen = Test(0).Len();
			if ( !It->List(0).URL.Len() ) //Packagemap URL for map is empty, we must fill it!
				It->List(0).URL = LNKh->Filename;
			if ( Test(0) && (appStrcmp( *(It->List(0).URL.Right(TestLen)), *(Test(0))) != 0) )
			{
				debugf( (EName)XC_ENGINE_XC_Engine.GetIndex(), TEXT("Filename corrected from %s to %s"), *It->List(0).URL, *(It->List(0).URL.LeftChop(TestLen) + Test(0)) );
				It->List(0).URL = It->List(0).URL.LeftChop(TestLen) + Test(0);
			}
		}
		UClass* ConnHandlerClass = StaticLoadClass( AActor::StaticClass(), NULL, TEXT("XC_Engine.XC_ConnectionHandler") , NULL, LOAD_NoFail, NULL );
		result->SpawnActor( ConnHandlerClass );
	}
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

These... depends on how much admin can handle such troubles. There isn't very handy info to find, providers should have more attention and guides, but not all of them seems to manage properly this chapter. As long as here I saw that run-line this means less experience which won't help.

Edit: Some stuff doesn't really run well on UTPG amazing works. I found even such a MA (MonsterHuntArena) map which runs now because I was switching to 436 + XC_Engine. So far, this is what I've been hunting for years...
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Thanks for all that Sektor.

I am the middleman between the server admin,and the server mgrs,and it really sux sometimes,but i dont care,because all i want is the server back to the way it was before the first major crash,or should i call it an earthquake.

Here is the lates:We have some mutators back,like stuffswapper,and the nali weapons 3.Right now the server seems to be crashing,and unless it is restarted by an admin ,play will be haltefor that day ,or until it can be restarted.Since sending a ticket about this,here is the reply i got back.Keeping in mind,this mod/mutator/whatever is no longer on the server,and was a favorite.
Here is their reply:
I am seeing this in the logs:
Failed to load 'RBAlienX': Can't find file for package 'RBAlienX'
Failed to load 'Class RBAlienX.KonglauncherRBA': Can't find file for package 'RBAlienX'
Does this seem familiar at all?
Where can i get this package?
Thanks.