Hello... need help

Discussions about Servers
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Hello... need help

Post by Chamberly »

It's easy to search for packages on google or such ut99 filehost site.

Might be this. http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... lien-X.zip

If not feel free to search around.
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... s/RocketX/
Or google something like ut99 RBAlienX should return familiar result. ;)

(I guess I'm pulling a medor haha.)
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Or you can go to the source ;) http://www.rosebum.com where you can also ask for help and advice with this mod.
The vehicles are in the mutators section.
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Thanx guys!
The mod is working.
Its funny though,because it has not been selected as a "mutator used" in the web remote server admin page.
I asked the server mgrs if they could install it,and after they did,i looked at the remote server admin,added it to the used mutators list,and it replaced the nali3 deemers/locations, during games,so i removed rosebum from the used list,and was glad to be able to see the rosebum on the maps.
Go figure.... anyone ?
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

:loool: Hello again.
This is a slow mind bending process.Much like taking a dump that lasts ,and lasts...
Now when the server crashes you end up on a map the the DSR or orange shock rifle as the only weapon.When you attempt to vote for a DM map,you still end up with same shock rifle.
There are 2 columns in mapvote13,and one of them has the exact same map titles as the dm column,but they are all idm maps.I,ve asked them more than once to remove them,but get no reply.
The mapvote13 ini file is edited to where you dont see idm filter listed.All you see is dm.Not sure how we are still seeing the IDM,s in the second column still.I asked them again to remove them because-IMO,its obvious that the idm maps are causing the problem of crashing,and any1 ending up stuck with an orange dsr.
This would be a major issue to resolve,because one would figure that the crashing would end,or happen a lot less.
Thankyou.

:mrgreen: :loool:
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Could just load the mutator in the said mapvote column as you want.

(bEnabled=False,GameClass="Botpack.CTFGame",NewPrefix="RxCTF",Mutators="RocketXRB.RBMutat0R",Settings="Timelimit=20,MaxPlayers=10,MaxSpectators=10,MaxTeams=2,FriendlyFireScale=0,GoalTeamScore=5,bTournament=False,bUseTranslocator=True,GameSpeed=1.00")

Is the mod set to server actor? If so, that will be like that the whole game... but it shouldn't be I think.
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
Chamberly,i,m afraid i wouldn,t know how to do that.I can ask the main admin about it,or send him your reply.

I have a question of my own,because i feel like i,m close.

Do these 2 lines/section, need to be edited in the mapvotela13.ini file to prevent any instance of any idm maps from appearing in any voting columns?

CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="iDM",Mutators="BotPack.InstaGibDM",Settings="")

TmpNextVirtualPrefix=IDM
TmpNextRealPrefix=DM
bUseMsgTimeout=False

Thanks. :omfg: :noidea
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
The issue has been resolved.

This line needed a simple edit.

/System/MapVoteLA.ini

CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="iDM",Mutators="BotPack.InstaGibDM",Settings="")

(bEnabled=True was set to False.After setting it to true,no more IDM maps.
Thanx all.
Until the next issue..... :sleep:
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Okie dokie! :loool:
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
Its okie dokie for a while,and then something else that nees adjusting to get it back to the way it was before,when we had no anomalies.

Now,another biggie would be for the mapvote13 to list all the dm maps in all of the 4 columns,instead of the 1 column,which would of course make it easier for players to pick their favorite map.
Been trying to fix this with the server people on/ff for weeks,but other things got in the way.we are mowing them down one by one.
Thanx. :rock: :thuup:
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

As far as MapVote is concerned, and help with it , this is a great reference... :tu:

MapVoteLA13 / MapVoteLAv2 (MapVote) Explained!
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/mapv ... -t832.html
Many server admins have used this reference.
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
Thanks Hook ! :highfive:
Very good reference page.

Here is where i,m at right now.
I might as well just add screenshots to illustrate it,plus there are some screens from the server.
I have changed the title for all 4 columns to "Deathmatch"
For some reason,it lists one map all by itself in one of the columns,as you will see.
That map listed is one of the very favorite maps on the server.
There are some screens from it as well,with some of the weapons etc."The Insurrector"(round ball like weapon),is very nasty,brutal,and merciless.If you get it in a combo of also getting a Cybot Launcer,and Ultima Protos gun,you can wreak havoc,and make it a very miserable game for all of your opponents.The Ultima Protos in combo with the "Insurrector:Round Ball,means that the game is over.There is no stopping it.These screens are just to show whats on the server,and what the mapvote looks like. :redeemer1:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

:flag3: :redeemer1: :ripper: