Being kicked. Too many shots connecting?

Discussions about Servers
rsbloom44
Experienced

Being kicked. Too many shots connecting?

Post by rsbloom44 »

I don't know if this is ace related or what but this is the first time I have ever been kicked or got this message before. It was something along the lines of too many of your shots are connecting this is usually due to a cheat. Is there any info on whats causing this? I was playing with 250 ping on a newnet server if this matters.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Being kicked. Too many shots connecting?

Post by Chamberly »

That will be newnet mod doing that. I been getting some random things too but maybe try adjusting something like toggling hiperformancetoggle for ace setting or something.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
jamz

Post by jamz »

Just let you guys that since Multiplay installed NewNet, I'm getting this too. There's also another bug with my weapon change binds, after a while they stop working and I have to use the mouse to change weapons and then the binds start working again. Pretty weird, imo.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

I've had some trouble with NewNet and weapon binds too. I normally try to pick up only three weapon types: the shock rifle, rocket launcher and sniper rifle. With this load-out in "vanilla UT", SwitchToBestWeapon will choose the rocket launcher. With NewNet it seems to like to select the translocator. It's a bit frustrating, I end up spending a lot of time looking at the bottom of my screen to see which weapon I'm actually hefting (I use invisible weapon), and then scrolling back and forth to manually choose something appropriate.
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

Doesn't sound like an ACE kick to me :)
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

I'm an admin at Multiplay UT99 servers.

We have recently installed NewNet on our Deck16 server after years of lag complaints.
I'm aware that players are having issues. The majority of players (myself included) have seen a much better performance.

Please report any issues on our forums which are currently being cleaned up:

http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=151

Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!