[Updates] Diabolis.net - 24/7 EXU2 v6.00 Server

Discussions about Servers
jaypeezy
Experienced

[Updates] Diabolis.net - 24/7 EXU2 v6.00 Server

Post by jaypeezy »

[3/16/2017]: Performed some work on the redirect, and tests with/without to confirm it is functioning. New version of the website launched.

[10/27/2016]: A new searchable leaderboard is up for your viewing pleasure. At the moment it will return the latest logged 1,000 frags, searchable by playername, map title, or the name of the monster that was fragged. Is your name there? Find out now! (Updates every night EST)

[5/16/2016]: Now have a website with required file archives, to address points made below regarding delays when downloading certain files from the server. Archives include instructions, easy set up for all you need! Visit Diabolis.net for more!

Let's ring in the new year with a dedicated server for all the latest and greatest Excessive Unreal 2: Batshit Insane has to offer. It's only the most insane, action-packed gametype you'll have the (mis)fortune of playing. Don't take my word for it; take a look at this gameplay video!

IXUiWLfHcsg

Server Info:

Server Address: diabolis.game.nfoservers.com:7777
IP Address: 70.42.74.157:7777
Gametracker: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .157:7777/

Use either to connect to the server. Server is running MapVoteLA13, so type 'mutate bdbmapvote votemenu' in your console to configure and use the voting system. Other than that, the server is quite bare: Just EXU2, a custom mutator that adds ScriptedPawns to Deathmatch, and a custom model/skin.

And if you've never heard of EXU2, check out the forum thread dedicated to Excessive Unreal 2: Batshit Insane to learn more and download the required package (though with our redirect server, most files should download quickly enough!) Happy fragging!
Last edited by jaypeezy on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: DIABOLIS - 24/7 EXU2 v6.00 Server

Post by MrLoathsome »

Excellent!

EXU does deserve its own server.

I ran one for a year or so, (previous version), but then the PC I was running it on died.

Will try this out soon as I rip all the old EXU stuff out of one of my installs.
blarg
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I was attempting to connect to your server and this file "soldierskins_blackguard.utx' seems to download slow. Otherwise I would have stayed connected to check it out.
jaypeezy
Experienced

Post by jaypeezy »

Hey Loathsome! :) Perfect timing; I may need some input on (potential) connection issues. I'll reach you by PM.

Wartz: Thanks for trying to check out the server! That's odd, considering it's compressed. I know what you mean though, I did a connection check on my alternate machine without the files. It turns out some of the required files may cause potential issues so I'll have to look into this more.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:I was attempting to connect to your server and this file "soldierskins_blackguard.utx' seems to download slow.
Such circumstances are ideal for a quick potty break.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Forum|User
Experienced

Post by Forum|User »

Just another mod which is have hundred versions, EXU file mismatch. :lol2:
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Either remove any old EXU files from your current install, or setup a clean install and connect with that.

Problem solved.
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

ON LINE play = client clean (cache accepted as read-only) :pfff:

Big files and very small files are recommended for cache if you'll see servers with still missing files in redirects. The rest are just invalid complaints. Good luck with EXU server!

EXU is one of the highest quality stuff which is IMPROVED/FIXED because author wants stuff clean not complaints from "mismatchers". Aside: I'm not a fan of adding files in client - some RMusicPlayer or such has to be installed, perhaps these dependencies can be solved some day without to force client in installing packages.
I have tested some new stuff these days and looks like some conflicts are doing funky things (FMod in cause + something) that's why I intend to keep UT client cleaner as much as possible.
jaypeezy
Experienced

Post by jaypeezy »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:I was attempting to connect to your server and this file "soldierskins_blackguard.utx' seems to download slow. Otherwise I would have stayed connected to check it out.
Hi SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}! Thanks for the feedback. You might be interested to hear I've taken your suggestions to mind, esp. after finding out there were a few compatibility concerns aside from that package.

I've changed up the server configuration to use new gametypes/custom mods that expose the features of EXU2 without all the overhead of the single-player dependencies. My guess by now is that having Deathmatch would be more accessible to the UT99 crowd, leaving single-player/coop for a later concern. Hope you check out the server again, this time it's closer to that video up there (Deathmatch w/ custom monsters running around) :thuup:
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: [Updates] Diabolis.net - 24/7 EXU2 v6.00 Server

Post by Pileyrei »

Tried to join.....slow downloads.......0.1%......0.2%....

Gave up. You need redirection.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
jaypeezy
Experienced

Post by jaypeezy »

Pileyrei wrote:Tried to join.....slow downloads.......0.1%......0.2%....

Gave up. You need redirection.
Wow, that's concerning. I already have redirection in place (or, at least, had set it up and tested it once). Perhaps I fudged a step in the process?
I'll probably test this at some point... thanks for the head's up. By the way, can you say which package in question you were getting low rates on?
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Seems better now.
I did give up as so many downloads.
Will try again another time.

Edit: got on. great fun. never seen that mod b4 :)

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Have you ever tried using XC_Engine before? This can help you with download issues as it seem to be a common word to be spoken.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
jaypeezy
Experienced

Post by jaypeezy »

Hi Chamberly, I've read here and there about some of the things going on with XC_Engine, gotta admit that it all sounds very promising. I guess I would give it a try, I just wonder if it would result in more packages or DLLs for the user to download (for the new engine?) as well as if there would be any compatibility issues (clients on non-Windows OS not being able to join). Any idea?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

jaypeezy wrote:Hi Chamberly, I've read here and there about some of the things going on with XC_Engine, gotta admit that it all sounds very promising. I guess I would give it a try, I just wonder if it would result in more packages or DLLs for the user to download (for the new engine?) as well as if there would be any compatibility issues (clients on non-Windows OS not being able to join). Any idea?
All your answers would be in the thread. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5624

Or tldr;
-No new downloads to use the new engine. Users can use it if they want on their client as well, it's both way depends on the version.
-However it'll help you with your downloads and enhance connection speed for download channel.
-Compatibility issue shouldn't be existing. Only one I knew so far is with the older newnet version (mutator). No issue upon client vs upgraded servers (for example, clients using v436 joining v451 servers, XC_Engine is like another high grade patch, anyone can still join.)
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?