Need some help: Standard Skins etc.

Discussions about Servers
Aldebaran
Masterful

Need some help: Standard Skins etc.

Post by Aldebaran »

I have some questions:

- I have the maximum server packages in configuration file. When I put more in, the server crashes during start.
But I want to exchange the standard skins like SoldierSkins, CommandoSkins, FCommandoSkins, SGirlSkins etc with skins that looks much more modern. It there a way to do that in my case? I have read that standard Skins have to be load otherwise ut99 will not work.
And can somebody suggest some good skins that looks modern but not fancy? I have tested already so many skins but found only some good for my bots ;-)

- A general question about Nali Weapons 3: why there is no CTF Server with that mod online? Is it because there is no working Anticheat for that? I tested NW3 with CTF on my server now long time and it seems that most maps doesn't have any probs with it. I think all maps looks little bit more modern because of the fresh lights of the items and weapons beeing send out.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Need some help: Logosplash, Standard Skins, Strangelove

Post by JackGriffin »

Aldebaran wrote: 2) I have the maximum server packages in configuration file.
And you lost most of us after that. No one is going to dig into why you have a conflict when you are running so much together.

Simplify. Things won't be so much of a problem then.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

· You need to keep SoldierSkins, CommandoSkins, FCommandoSkins, SGirlSkins (and the other UT defaults) because most who try to play your games will have them.
· If you're using a lot of custom skins, maybe setup a site so other players can download them. Saves on amount of time they gotta wait to get in.
· Can you show a list of what you've got in ServerPackages? Do you use all of those in every game?

Reason i ask that last bit is even though i'm not hosting now, I often think what I'd do if I were. I'd probably run all gametypes, obviously not at the same time, but I'd swap ServerPackages for each gametype. I've got lots of stuff I'd like to use in my games, but i wouldn't use EVERYTHING all the time.

If you only keep in ServerPackages what you're using for the day, or that week, then you'll probably have lots of empty slots.

· You don't need a mutator to send messages to others. Have you never hit F2 in games? It brings up a handy menu:
Where it says "email" you can put up a link to your webpage, and anyone who plays your games can go there and get whatever info you want them to have. See? Simple.

· I don't have a list handy, but there are CTF servers that use NW3. Hell, next time I host games I'll use it. It's fun!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote: 2) I have the maximum server packages in configuration file.
You are the one causing your own troubles then...
Me one I'm not interested to download files until I sleep on Keyboard. Good luck with setup!

Just two cents, ignore me.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

JackGriffin wrote:No one is going to dig into why you have a conflict when you are running so much together.
In principle you are right with that. I have my own reasons why I don't want to run extra servers for each Mod I want to play. And my server is running very stable long time now, perhaps I have had luck with the configuration :-)
sektor2111 wrote:Me one I'm not interested to download files until I sleep on Keyboard.
Thats true, but some great Mods would never be played when it depends on the filesize. Players can see in serverdescription what Mods of the big ones I have installed. Its important that you use fast redirect server otherwise it makes no sense.
EvilGrins wrote:You need to keep SoldierSkins, CommandoSkins, FCommandoSkins, SGirlSkins (and the other UT defaults) because most who try to play your games will have them.
Hm ok. That are bad news ;-) The intend why I asked was also I wanted the players automatically to use new skins.
I use only serverpackages I really want to be installed. Nali Weapons 3 takes a lot of them. Also some voicepacks and skins and suddenly all seats are taken hehe...
EvilGrins wrote:You don't need a mutator to send messages to others. Have you never hit F2 in games?
Yes I know F2 :) Perhaps I have explained my idea bad, english is not my motherlanguage...
But anyway, I solved the problem in my own way.
EvilGrins wrote:I don't have a list handy, but there are CTF servers that use NW3.
Hm ok. Then I have overlooked them. I saw only one and that was a really small server with less maps.

Now I have a new question:
Can I adjust anywhere the time when new log entries were written into the server.log file? I want to have new log entries immediately saved without the normal pause of sometimes more than one minute because I want to evaluate it immediately.

Thank you for the help!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Just wanted to point this out. You can use XC_GameEngine and CacusMapVote so you can just not max out your server packages and sort them in good order, set up faster redirect, and other goodies.

Info here:
viewtopic.php?t=5624
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6265
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote:Can I adjust anywhere the time when new log entries were written into the server.log file? I want to have new log entries immediately saved without the normal pause of sometimes more than one minute because I want to evaluate it immediately.
Then read forum, double posting is not welcomed, information already exist. There is info for both Linux and Win server right here, just use this
Pretty_Useful.png
Pretty_Useful.png (5.86 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
because it doesn't bite.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Chamberly wrote:You can use XC_GameEngine and CacusMapVote
Looks interesting, perhaps i will give it a try...
sektor2111 wrote:There is info for both Linux and Win server right here
Hm thats not what i am looking for... but thanx anyway.
I think there is no option in unrealtournament.ini otherwise I had found it already.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Will be more wise to have logs saved/wrapped in order to debate them later with a coder in case of troubles. Right now I can only recall some of my old crashes like from fog because nobody was showing me in that time how to solve log wrapping based on time. At a moment you will want them but you will not have them, it's up on you.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I have already a script for log saving/rotating by date, I need most actual log for almost realtime evaluation but not because of errors.