Server Compatibility with UTRP-Let's start a movement

Discussions about Servers
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Server Compatibility with UTRP-Let's start a movement

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

We all know that there are admins that don't know that their servers cause skating glitches and that there are also admins that are just plain assholes (excuse my language) that are trying to say that lack UTRP-Compatibility isn't affecting they're servers. Well I just took a look at the amount of hits UTRP textures got up until May 17 (HOLYSHIT!!! You guys must really be eating these up!) and with the way those numbers look admins negligence towards UTRP is starting to annoy me. I hate to nag a community that I care about and am glad to be a part of, but I'm going to need the help of as many of you guys as possible. Here's how this is going to work:

Every time you run across a server that has the "player skating" glitch, you pull up your UT browser and get their admin's email, or you get the web address to their forums. After that you PM or email me their email address or forums link to me and I add that to a list on my computer. After a while I'll post the list for like a week or two and we'll each "attack" their email and forums complaining about the glitch and telling them to email me here: AFreakinProblem@gmail.com on how to fix it or telling them to check this page out: http://www.unrealtexture.com/General/We ... ?f=23&t=52 . After that we'll leave this thread inactive for like a week or two (give admins some time to correct problems) and then the process will start over. The goal of this is to shake out server-side compatibility problems by pressuring admins and allow everybody to use their UTRP setups without problems. Does this sound crazy? Very, but trust me this'll work at least to some extent. Bring on the PMs.

NOTE: if you need to email me use this account and not the gmail one: lee_stricklin@yahoo.com
Iron Chef
Novice

Re: Server Compatibility with UTRP-Let's start a movement

Post by Iron Chef »

Had this problem on our clan's server, just dropped the admin a PM about this :tu:

Thanks Lee!! Good idea to get this fixed on all the 99 servers!

Chef
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

It's a nice project. I haven't seen a lot of servers these days with skating players glitch, but still enough to take notice.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Just posting (lol spamming :P) on this thread to remind everybody to send me either the admin email or forums addresses of any servers that cause the skating glitch, so that we as a community can go in and get admins to correct problems. They're more likely to listen to a bunch of people than they are to listen to just one person.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Damn. Nothing. I guess that's a good thing as it shows there isn't that many admins out there that have failed to update their servers to like UTRP. I did find one set of servers for now (really haven't had that much time to play lately do to work) though that I'm going to need your help with. The admin on here gives me problems (probably because of my [SwS] tag) when I tell him he needs to update and he refuses (which is a shame because most of the Siege matches are played on their servers) to do it. I need a bunch of you guys to: complain, bitch, whine, etc. on their forums and let them know that you like your UTRP setups. Tell them you experience a skating glitch, players slide all over the place, or something like that and don't mention UTRP. OK now that I'm done with that here's the link to their forums: http://unrealkillers.com/
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

I think its cool what your doing.. I just see no need to upgrade. If it aint broke dont fix it ;)
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB