slv configuration (contrails, relics, noslpickup) - SOLVED

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Aldebaran
Masterful

slv configuration (contrails, relics, noslpickup) - SOLVED

Post by Aldebaran »

Once more I have some questions about the SLV mod, perhaps someone has experience with.

From one day to another (I don't know what I have changed on my server, the slv204.ini was untouched anyway) the contrails were activated although I have disabled them in the config file ("disableContrails=true"). I moved from slv version 204 to version 205 and have had the same problems. Also in the slv205xm mod (for christmas) the contrails exists in very long way and long time. It's almost unplayable with that and I don't know why the entry will not taken although the other entries are taken. I am very sure that I played slv mod without contrails :shock:

I realized that some ctf maps for slv mod automatically deactivate relics although the relics mutator is started by mapvote. Are there problems occured by them? I ask because I have relics in some other ctf maps with slv and they seem to work fine.

Only a statement: noSLPickup120 mutator does not work eventually with bots that have their own botclasses defined in user.ini as on my server. CTF maps often crashes then with slv + noSLPickup120. So wouldnt it be fine when such a function will be implemented directly into slv mod?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Re: slv configuration (contrails, relics, noslpickup120) - h

Post by Metalfist »

- First slv readme: http://www.unrealrex.com/history/slv/config.html

- disableContrails is client side, not server side. (meaning players should download their own slvxxx.ini and adjust their own inis in their UT directory)

- Each version of slv uses its own ini => SLV204 uses SLV204.ini, SLV205 -> SLV205.ini, SLV205XM -> SLV205XM.ini etc.

- Not sure about the relics, can you post the serverpackages/actors ? What have you installed on your server?

- noSLPickup works with normal bots, idk about own botclasses though. It has run fine on our servers for years.
Here's some more install info on noslpickup: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/archi ... 14223.html

- Also there is NexgenModConfig101 for nexgen112, which adds a tab to nexgen112 where players can adjust their slv settings in-game. Download is here: http://utslv.freeforums.org/nexgenmodconfig101-t90.html
Last edited by Metalfist on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Metalfist wrote:disableContrails is client side, not server side.
I have read this but where I have to enter the client settings? With mutate into console does not work. (In this case I am a noob)
Metalfist wrote:Each version of slv uses its own ini => SLV204 uses SLV204.ini, SLV205 -> SLV205.ini, SLV205XM -> SLV205XM.ini etc.
Yes, I considered this already. In all ini files (server side) disableContrails is set to true.
Metalfist wrote:Not sure about the relics, can you post the serverpackages/actors
I mean the normal "relics" package, afaik it was included in one bonus pack.
In maps like CTF-((SMP))KurtArena or CTF-EsoteriC+ they does not appear although in other maps they are there.
For me its no big thing, I only ask if it is better to deactivate relics package with slv.
But I can live with that how it is now.
Metalfist wrote:Also there is NexgenModConfig101 for nexgen112
Great, I have Nexgen112 installed so I will give it a try. But perhaps you can write anyway how I set client settings in ut?

EDIT: I found it, I have to copy the slv ini files from server to ut client system dir. I wasn't sure because beginners don't know that - when they download slv-mod directly from gameserver and they don't install it manually the ini files will not exist I think... so I will try NexgenMod :tu: Thanx for your help so far...
Metalfist
Masterful

Post by Metalfist »

Metalfist wrote:disableContrails is client side, not server side.
I have read this but where I have to enter the client settings? With mutate into console does not work. (In this case I am a noob)
Metalfist wrote:Each version of slv uses its own ini => SLV204 uses SLV204.ini, SLV205 -> SLV205.ini, SLV205XM -> SLV205XM.ini etc.
Yes, I considered this already. In all ini files (server side) disableContrails is set to true.
The default client settings apply to players. They don't copy over to the client, even if you set them in the server ini.
This has always been a little issue especially because a lot of players wanted to disable the launch-scream, therefor nexgenModConfig101 was made.
Metalfist wrote:Also there is NexgenModConfig101 for nexgen112
Great, I have Nexgen112 installed so I will give it a try. But perhaps you can write anyway how I set client settings in ut?

EDIT: I found it, I have to copy the slv ini files from server to ut client system dir. I wasn't sure because beginners don't know that - when they download slv-mod directly from gameserver and they don't install it manually the ini files will not exist I think... so I will try NexgenMod :tu: Thanx for your help so far...
Yes that is correct, they don't download the ini and therefor use the default settings.
NexgenModConfig101 should be the answer to these problems, it also works with other mutators and their settings (probably mentioned in the readme).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:In maps like CTF-((SMP))KurtArena or CTF-EsoteriC+ they [relics] does not appear although in other maps they are there.
If I remember right Relics are spawned at PathNodes. If a mapper didn't do Bot pathing, there may be no PathNodes in the map and therefore no Relics.
Attachments
CTF-EsoteriC+-Pathnodes.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Yeah, you can be right. Bots can't handle strangeloves very well so some mappers aren't interested in pathing perhaps (when pathing is most relevant for bots, i am not a mapper so I don't know).
I have disabled bots for my slv mod now too, they behave really stupid in there :lol:
Metalfist
Masterful

Post by Metalfist »

Oh that would be a good explanation, as maps created for SLV will always be played against human players, because bots can't handle slvs. Thus bot pathing is mostly left out.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:If I remember right Relics are spawned at PathNodes. If a mapper didn't do Bot pathing, there may be no PathNodes in the map and therefore no Relics.
Sssshht, there is another list of problems. Several mutators (spawners) for extended combat are using PathNode as a reference to not load trash out of playable zones by guessing locations. Not only relics suffer and A.I. the rest of cute Spawners won't ever work in such "Dumb-Brush-Only" manure. So these maps which perhaps people want them used in multiple games are proving to be pretty useless. Adding a few Pathnodes is the easiest job for mapping but... nwm.

There is only 1 solution in known space - Botz Mutator - able to inject NavigationPoints - might help in straight cubes.