Team...Game...Plus... or Minus

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
sektor2111
Godlike

Team...Game...Plus... or Minus

Post by sektor2111 »

While I've been crawling through different tests about MapVote related features, I was at a random moment (perhaps was coffee) annoyed in how looks console playing TDM - and hang on, I did not added any monster for the moment.
Oh... well, if we speak about playing trashy things I decided to make them a bit extended and funny.
First Credits goes at Mr. Loathsome for that cute thing called SwarmSpawn and which I was renting as an internal class for a sort of TeamGamePlus (exactly, it's visible in Browser as a normal stock TDM).
And ?
And this "TDM" uses all inventories available in UT, old weapons, UT stock weapons, and even some creatures as configured in INI which belongs to internal "SS" which has little love here and there (nvm). These monsters actually (Skaarj was a goal) intend to attack all Players from both teams. So it's a war where the teams works to gain score as usual, but they have to watch at monsters too. Monsters seems to not cause major errors, Bot is reacting properly as I could see.
As for a bigger map, where you cannot see where are the rest of enemies, you can use <mutate myenemy> command (if map has good paths) to get a route to... some enemy.
Mod works more smoother with XC_Engine (it's not advertising - it's the pure truth) as longs as "SS" swarmspawner uses all sort of tweaks which might feel a bit laggy at a moment. In future I think I'll do some research if things can be moved faster.
Anyway I have added some "stock-type" Skaarj (weapons added and stuff) in purpose to check how do works all tweaks.
In maps with small places aka DM-AcidPit we might see tiny flaws at Skaarj and "PawnControl" will attempt to recover Skaarj, else it won't be invulnerable or causing whatever stupid things. In maps with a decent space around it's possible to see "PawnControl" telling nothing.
This is NOT a MUST HAVE as long as the soup between Old Weapons and UT Weapons was never a good thing. For this reason it's used another sort of player class in purpose to reduce "ClientBullshitState not found" called by Original TournamentPlayer which is not sanitized. Purpose can be pure educational or small fun around different A.I.
You can do a check about what I did right here >>> currently is V3
[attachment=0]NsTDM3.zip[/attachment]

I believe Weapons dropped by monster killed won't really bug you.
And I think I've added DistanceLightning tweaking inside, tiny changes at stuff are operated as well. Also I think this game-type is ruining bullshit idea with weapons bStatic because of noob mapping and it allows some replacement, and some pickups are moved in spot where InventorySpot is located showing how a Bot can see pickups, and I think XC_Engine can participate at firing old weapons. Any idea used here can be ported anywhere because Source-Code is there.
Attachments
NsTDM3.zip
Updated FindPlayerStart errors, changed timers to state timed control for A.I., modification at DefaultInventory deal...
(2.93 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Team...Game...Plus... or Minus

Post by Carbon »

Naming your work a little more clearly would be great. In the context of this thread, it it easy to know what it is but in a year or two down the road, it seems a bit vaguely named.

Thanks for your work though!
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Note I will be releasing an improved version of that SwarmSpawner fairly soon.

This gametype of yours sounds a whole lot like the results you get by running my MegaTDM game in
conjunction with that UT2U1 mutator.

Will have to take a look at it at some point. Have a huge list of other things I need to finish up first.
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Carbon wrote:Naming your work a little more clearly would be great.
Nope, it's not my way whistles and bells for something... not perfect. It's based on default stuff (which is utterly trash) and things did not fascinated my at how DefaultInventory thing works with Dispersion and neither the rest. As long as it has things still annoying me, then I cannot speak about a mod coming with whistles and bells which is garbage after all - it's not my way.
So it's Relevant at points:
- Is a TeamGame (Plus old weapons and the rest);
- Fine tuned (Minus say good bye to DMmutator making "rules" in all stock and the way in how were some pickups added).
Self explanatory for people playing the game and doing some tests - they can figure what's the deal.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Sector.

A couple of questions regarding this.

One of the main things I am doing to try and speed up the swarmspawner a bit, was to take out
all those Skaarj Weapons tweaks and remove that SkaarjWeaponHack function.
(Even the old stale version shouldn't lag too much if you have a good value for checkrate...)

Was thinking those tweaks and that function would be better off in a separate mutator
which would only be loaded in cases when the Troopers etc are actually going to be present.
It would apply those tweaks when any weapon carrying skaarj was spawned.

If done properly, it should function faster and be compatible with the weapons carrying skaarj
regardless of how they get added to the game.

Any thoughts?
blarg
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

That's "a curse" from "DM 1on1". I was playing such a DM against "Mr. Flakson", a skaarj having weapon FlakCannon. Oh, well... in one of Stock maps where normally is not a problem with "seeking humans" I didn't see the threat. Ooops... what did went bad ? Flakson has been spawned in outside "unreachable" in the snow (almost to get a flu) camping alone helpless - after looking for it a few minutes, I realized that I have to put a feature for human as for A.I. - finding opponent based on paths, that way I have discovered problems in spawning them. I was thinking how to prevent nasty things like that. First I was sorting points based on a "Fat-Ass" monster but in some maps I simply did not see any more monsters spawning - too small places. RadiusActors however seems slower than the rest of iterators, I think I have to change that using another way, in XC_Engine seems to not lag like that.
Also I have to do a research about telefrag kills because... default stock trash becomes bIsPlayer in a random moment of their existence getting some player habits... in small places as well (my custom troopers are never losers with bIsPlayer). My ReduceDamage tweak helps but still... can be issues in "nail-boxes". they can die leaving trash weaponry behind - I think I wanna to send this to "PawnControl" tracker somehow trying to establish a proper timing.

Edit:
If next release will be requested I think I'll go there for different setup. I will use a small Radius ONLY if it needs to.
I think I will spawn a crappy Keypoint for testing purpose or using the same PawnControl. If pawn spawned is not in trace with that point this means it was dropped behind a wall so will try to get it somewhere. In second attempt if is not correctly set then we destroy it - I'll look if code needs a weapon destruction as well - with proper speed and timing perhaps weapon won't spawn so fast - this must be checked.
Edit2:
All right, I didn't see any few examples and not a lot of techs about Radius things, so I had to put up some tests around. Oh... well, using the right formula it's not slow, ha ha. Next chapter weapon trash check = Removed tweak, more simple setup. First I spawn a sort of DecoBox at supposed location. Shake Box Up and Down 1 UU, as long as box uses default pawn collision cylinder while is shaking in order to test place then doing a small radius track to be nearby a NavigationPoint. If it's in the proper location spawn monster else Do not spawn Monster - so no weapon to manage - with or without monster Box will be Gone. If Box spawned properly then we speak about Good monster placement too. LOL, I think I'll copy this in the rest of spawners which I'm using. I tested things to not crash out of XC_Engine and it do seems to work properly.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump.
- Modified way of Dispersion Load, if things goes evil at mesh is not my fault - now gets precached and will do PowerUp more properly;
- Changed things at spawning creatures.

Good things:
- I have quit idea to crash server if maps has no paths...
V2 Removed

I think that's all with this TDM, next releases belongs to anyone who might want to do improvements.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump Edit: Due to some surprises, I've changed a bit this game-type. Version 3 is in First Post.