Nali Weapons 3 or Nali Weapons III ? - SOLVED

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Aldebaran
Masterful

Nali Weapons 3 or Nali Weapons III ? - SOLVED

Post by Aldebaran »

I saw different Nali Weapons mod versions on different servers.

As far as I know was "Nali Weapons 3" the first complete release but some time after a final version was released with the name "Nali Weapons III". You can notice what mod is installed on a server by the files downloaded into cache when you haven't installed it manually. The Nali Weapons 3 files are ending with a "3" and the Nali Weapons III files are ending with a "III".

So my question:
When Nali Weapons 3 is obsolete and Nali Weapons III is the final version shouldn't admins update their server to the final version that there is no need for players to download them twice?

Apart from that when I wrote in other threads "Nali Weapons 3" I always meant the final version III. But the difference only exists for server admins using one of the two mod versions, so I think it is ok writing "Nali Weapons 3" even when you mean "Nali Weapons III" :)
Last edited by Aldebaran on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Nali Weapons 3 or Nali Weapons III ?

Post by UnrealGGecko »

My thoughts:
-admin doesn't know that III exists (would be great if someone contacts him about it).
-admin knows but probably has his own reason not update (no idea why though).
-admin is just too lazy to change it or is too busy to change it.

This I believe also happens on some ChaosUT servers, only worse because the one that came with GOTY edition of UT and the latest version use the same name.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: Nali Weapons 3 or Nali Weapons III ?

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yup, many admin just stick with the first they try and never update.
Chaos 1.1 has some online fixes as well as extra weapons, so those servers running the original have to fix things by combining other mods.
They have had over 10 years to update, but we still wait.

If you install the full Nali Weapons from ModDB, you have the final version that matters.

:noidea try getting server admin to white-list the new renderers from OldUnreal, now there is a real challenge !