Midsummer mod dump

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Midsummer mod dump

Post by JackGriffin »

Thought I'd drop by and leave a package in case anyone wants something to play with. First the DL:
VariousMods.zip
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
These are mods that were running on my coop server and just needed some odd tweaking to work in UT. Included are:
-goCounterUT (verbose counter for all factories)
-goRifleUT (faster, deadlier, laser dot)
-HubCat (Cat that can be fragged, you know you want to)
-MapRotatorUT (allows use of a base map on your running server )
-PupaerUT (fixed the pupae http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1467030668 )
-TestPistol (pistol that tests some ideas I had)

Readme's for everything is included as well as source codes. Do whatever you want. Maybe see you guys in the fall? Don't know yet. I'm still kicking though. Peace!

-Kel

Demo vid of some of the things
TqA46o5iqXg
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Midsummer mod dump

Post by EvilGrins »

Aha!

*cough, cough*
*ahem*

Thanks for those.

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

The hubcat was soo cute! Why did you kill him? :( You could kill Skaarjs instead, not little cuties!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

interesting.. whats the "goCounterUT" do?.. :?:

find movers. nice for...... assault...maps..and mh...maps. :tu:
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Nephew9999 wrote:interesting.. whats the "goCounterUT" do?.. :?:
For the lazy an extraction of the help text:
goCounterUT.txt wrote:When running this mod all factories will become verbose and everyone will see the current count, not just the player who gets the kill. Handy for MH maps with many enemies so you know how close you are to ending the factory. Also will tell you if you need to activate multiple triggers to do something. Also will change any endless factories to having 50 copies then ending.
A quick view into the code showed that it supports more (2^31) than the 255 count events of the stock counter.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Gustavo6046 wrote:The hubcat was soo cute! Why did you kill him? :(
Did you hear the noise it made when it died? It was vicious! Probably spat acid and maimed people. Better off dead.
Gustavo6046 wrote:You could kill Skaarjs instead, not little cuties!
What is the matter with you? Skaarj are so cute, adorable, and cuddly.
They're just misunderstood!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

The goCounter checks the map at loading and if it finds a thingfactory it spawns a goCounter on it that will let you know when the counter increments. This counter does not replace or interfere with anything in the map, it only provides feedback to the players where they are in the countdown for that particular factory. My personal preference was to clear maps when I played them and it always irritated me when monsters keep spawning and you don't know if the mapper set it to -1 so it will never end. Now there is nothing that will never end and you'll always know how much is left even if you aren't doing the killing.

The only down side is that it does broadcast a lot of lines in certain maps that have multiple active factories. You could easily build in map exclusions though if it isn't something you like but you want to use the mod.

If you want to 'find' movers you ought to extract my scanner tool. That thing was fantastic for coop maps. I found so much stuff that I never knew was there.

@Gus: the only good cat is a dead one. Fuck cats.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

JackGriffin wrote:@Gus: the only good cat is a dead one. Fuck cats.
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Omg so you decided to go the MLG way and just do that. Nice.

Cats are better than dogs to watch what you do calmly instead of jumping around wanting to PLAY PLAY PLAY. Gah, my little brothers do this and I don't expect a long lifetime from this.

And I like cutey things, no matter how much I like to kill my opponents (ingame of course :ironic: ).

Where was I, indeed..? Oh, and nice mod pack there! I'll download the hubcat for sure.
EvilGrins wrote:What is the matter with you? Skaarj are so cute, adorable, and cuddly.
Skaarj? Th-- ok, maybe, but look, evil Na Pali monty-python-cave bunny in the road! Worse than Skaarj!
Just stay away from my head and I might clear of the bunny now.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

That cat seems like a good thing for some of my map edits. There's a lot of maps that randomly drop flies into certain areas. Why not have random cats drop down instead?
Gustavo6046 wrote:Skaarj? Th-- ok, maybe, but look, evil Na Pali monty-python-cave bunny in the road! Worse than Skaarj!
Actually, I do have 1 of those. Designed by JackGriffin for me last year.

That's 1 scary bunny! Especially in a stampede of them.