UnrealI Cannon - UCannon

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

UnrealI Cannon - UCannon

Post by SilverSound »

Well hello there. Ever wanted to see that old deco Cannon and HUGE cannon actually work? Well now you can!

Introducing the UCannon and its big ass brother HUGE cannon!

They work a lot like TeamCannons. Set the team, place them in editor.

Some things to note.
  • The UCannon shoots faster and has a projectile with a bigger explosion radius. Does not lead.

The HUGE cannon Is stupidly accurate. It WILL hit you from a long distance. It leads!

Sight radius is high so they will see you
I managed to get the bullet to come out at the right spot. So it should look ok when watching it fire.

It's hit box is wonky and needs to be adjusted. I'll do some more things to this as time goes on! First things first...I have a hurricane to live through! woo :rock: :loool:

EDIT: OK I'm alive. Found out some really big issues with this that I didn't see before. I think it's animation related. The place from where the Cannon actually can see things is high up on the cannon.....this causes issues.

Reasons why: The animation to activate drops the turret down a lot. To compensate you would just put the cannon higher up in the ceiling. But then it won't be able to see the enemy. So it will never activate.

Also the big cannon has some REALLY weird tracking issues. It will look at one target but be shooting at another. I have no clue why that happens. I don't think the little turret does that. Might be related to tracking rate.
Attachments
Ucannon.u
(207.59 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
SilverSound
Adept

Re: UnrealI Cannon - UCannon

Post by SilverSound »

Alright! Bug fix release!

A new update for Ucannons.

New stuff
  • Changed the size of the HUGE Ucannon. It's a bit smaller now.
    Fixed the aim of the HUGE cannon it really is accurate now. Before it was missing by 1UU.
    Fixed the BaseEyeHeight of the Ucannons so they can see when you place them correctly.
    Changed the Ucannon's (small) projectile to a smaller faster ShockProj.

Things to note:

When you place these cannons make sure the barrel is flush with the ceiling. It drops down a lot when it activates almost like it comes out of the ceiling. You could probably even put it IN the ceiling and it would see things.

These are supposed to be more deadly than TeamCannons so No, they are not just a "Re-skin".

Let me know what you want to see from these or if you have any bugs. That includes new turret types! This is fun to make!

Please let me know if you use them in your level! I want to see how it goes!

Next: Sniper turret? :shock: Slow firing but SUPER Long range? HMM
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

I cannot load UCannon.u in editor. It says "Missing Package name" in editor logs. And when I look at Ucannon codes, I don't see any point at re-importing the sounds and meshes.
Cannon or HugeCannon meshes, textures are already imported in UnrealI. You just have to set Mesh in defaultproperties like:

Code: Select all

Mesh=LODMesh'Unreali.CannonM' 
Textures and sounds import are actually not need.

Edit----
If I summon UCannons in game, it successfully spawns them.
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

Rocky wrote:I cannot load UCannon.u in editor. It says "Missing Package name" in editor logs. And when I look at Ucannon codes, I don't see any point at re-importing the sounds and meshes.
Cannon or HugeCannon meshes, textures are already imported in UnrealI. You just have to set Mesh in defaultproperties like:

Code: Select all

Mesh=LODMesh'Unreali.CannonM' 
Textures and sounds import are actually not need.

Edit----
If I summon UCannons in game, it successfully spawns them.
You can't load them into unreal ed 2.1 only unreal ed 2.0. Also if you still have the issue when trying to load try adding them to editpackages.

The reason I reinported was because compiler was giving me trouble when I tried to compile with out the mesh and textures.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Here it is where it compiles without any need of re-import. Also it loads successfully in Unreal Editor, but I have renamed everything to TurretCannon, etc.
TurretsTest.zip
(12.48 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

Rocky wrote:Here it is where it compiles without any need of re-import. Also it loads successfully in Unreal Editor, but I have renamed everything to TurretCannon, etc.
TurretsTest.zip
That's odd. One thing I noticed you did was that you managed to summon them in-game. I wasn't. This error is confusing.

edit: I'll take what you did make sure everything is good, fix some Access nones that were poping up and release a fix soon.