GusPack II [Release Candidate]

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: GusPackII [BETA 2 RELEASED]

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Those stupid codes are older codes. I had to clean those up, but I had no time to. Tonight I'll just remove them since they aren't used anywhere. I'll check those bad Classes. You are looking at the wrong location. I suggest looking at AutoRocket, MushMatch or OldVolume. Also, most have been tested. I'll remove all that don't
work in the cleanup Beta 3 version (which will also include an ingame IRC bridge to the chat).

EDIT: So I cleaned up. But it is too hard to mess with chat messages. :/
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Re: GusPackII [Beta 6]

Post by Gustavo6046 »

On the update to Beta 6 (and yes, there was a Beta 5) I added the possibility for humans to detect the team of a body if it wasn't gibbed (otherwise it's automatically detected after 3 seconds), and some fixes. Why do I say this? Because this project is
  • open-source (meaning that it's UnrealScript source code is and will always be free for everybody),
  • never-ending (which means it will never be in a finished state, so that I don't impose a limit on my improvements) and
  • experimental (which means the shit you see here may change, and the shit you see here is by NO means meant to be a good product, but rather an experimental one).
Therefore I want people to not insult me for the fact I'm not a perfect programmer (and, out of curiosity, who is?), after all I have my failures, but they're NOT what I want to show. I've been updating this thing in vain? NO way! If somebody is going to see it I'm appreciating it, but if not don't just fuck everything up due to simply "stupid codes" (and, grammar nazi mode on, that is incorrect usage of a word with NO plural).

P.S. sorry for the badwords, I'm stressed with my bros lately.

EDIT: Then comes a problem: the gibmsg is always broadcasted even when the UTHumanCarcass is not found.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: GusPackII [Beta 6]

Post by sektor2111 »

Tell to Mr. Grammar from inside you that "stupid codes" have a good meaning in translations because is CORRECT, however "Stupids codes" might do a blue screen at G00gle translation server :agree1: , and YES you don't have too much clue about english grammar - like me after all :mrgreen: .
Tell to your brother that you have important things to do and ask it politely to leave you alone because these beta things might get a sudden turn into betadine :lol: .

EDIT: MUSHMATCH feedback:
Game do seems to work under XC_Engine but, something does lags and I'm speaking about an easy map (a DM-3072 one from contest). Some SetBotOrders errors are around but not evil logs.
To be honest, probably this game-type runs a bit better than those "Pawns" which "mature" people are doing - shame on them. It looks like you have improved a bit your way of doing which is Good.
At mutators chapter ... maybe I have to wait a while until to find some purpose for them...
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Re: GusPackII v2018.08.07.1

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I have done a REALLY worth-it necrobump, as GusPackII's first Stable release came: v2018.08.07.1! Enjoy, for I have made a LOT of changes:
  • Fixed Saddles;
  • Fixed MushMatch's rage incarnate inventory bug;
  • Changed the meshes for the AttachRocket and the Sporifier;
  • Reskinned the Beacon Gun;
  • Fixed(?) the AttachRocket;
  • and a few more changes.
This is a mostly major update, which is targeting the most important (and major) features of GusPack II. There are no additions, and I don't have ideas or plans for any either.

Disclaimer: I don't release betas because I think they're good enough, but rather because I need community feedback on them. I'm the man of the people.
Last edited by Gustavo6046 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Re: GusPackII v2018.08.07.1

Post by Gustavo6046 »

MushMatch is now in a near perfect state! I only now want to fix the OldVolume actors before movong in on to v2018.08.25.1. I'll provide the RC2 of that version (original post) in case you can figure out why the player keeps touching and untouching the volume mover brush actors, even when he stays inside!

EDIT - message to the moderators: please move to the Mods subforum, not Gametypes.

Weapon of Destruction
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: GusPackII

Post by Dr.Flay »

Moved :tu:
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Re: GusPackII

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Thank you :rock:

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Re: GusPackII [Release Candidate]

Post by Gustavo6046 »

This mod is evolving well and quick.

In RC3, if someone is suspecting on you (probably because you dealt damage to a human and another human saw it), that someone will have a red name, both when looked at (crosshair identification), and in the scoreboard. RC3 also has a few fixes related to people suspecting on you if you try to kill someone who is suspected, et al.

And, in RC4, I've fixed some serious bugs. Still waiting to see how netplay will work for ya :P

RC5 is a hotfix for a crash involving the Beacon Launcher's RateSelf, which calls SetEnemy, which calls RateSelf, and so on...

RC6 is a hotfix to give infected mushes Sporifiers. This bug appeared since the removal of every "GusPackII." instance from class files (to prevent bad class references in the compiled .U file).

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Re: GusPackII [Release Candidate]

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Yet another post, just to see if you are interested into my ladder– no, no euphemism there, I really mean Unreal Tournament ladders! Believe me or not, they are now a real thing! Wanna see them?

TKuw0OLAx1M

Just wait until the next Release Candidate to see!...

oh, yes! I forgot to explain.

This game will be in Release Candidate, until you manage to playtest this thoroughly. I'm only one man with two hands, so I can't playtest as well as you do! Unfortunately, so far, community input has been minimal for quite some time. :/

EDIT: RC7 (The Ladder Update) is now up in the OP!

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Re: GusPack II [Release Candidate]

Post by Gustavo6046 »

RC9 released! Now MushMatch is compatible with arena mutators (as long as you use the MushMatch arena compatibility mutator, and ABOVE said mutators). It is awesome with InstaGib, for example! There were also some (potentially fix) edits to the EatingTentacle.

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Re: GusPack II [Release Candidate]

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Dude, that was a crappy license. At least I didn't get the lawyer lingo too wrong, I guess?

Either way, I'm planning on reviving this one from the dead. I'm gonna fix the code, delete unnecessary and/or unredeemable classes and code, and just overall fix GusPackII. I had already fixed some of the netcode related to MushMatch, but unfortunately I lost those fixes when my hard disk crashed back in March.

Also, I wonder if there is a better tool for packaging and distributing mods? In particular, I don't like how I can't just suffix the version onto the filename because of package references in the Unreal package format.

Weapon of Destruction