Team Orbit Player Classes in UT?

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Team Orbit Player Classes in UT?

Post by UTNerd24 »

So I decided to redownload Neo-Cario... I wasn't too enticed at first, but then I remembered the damn vehicles and mechs.

Now heres the thing: I recall seeing a post by Evilgrins stating that he was able to get the mechs working in UT. I kinda wanna jump aboard that train too. If I remember correctly, Players appear in the Setup due to an INT file, but I unfortunatley dont fully understand how they work. I mean, I have a VAGUE understanding of the strings like Class=Playerclass etc, but in the case of Neo-Cario, Im a bit loss.

What im kinda looking for mostly is the Mechs, Reprid, Clan Weapon and Human classes and there corresponding voices. I am aware that there will be issues such as the mechs being unable to walk some paths due to size, which may lead to crashes being unable to spawn, AND that bots will continuously try to pick up weapons despite having pre-defined armory, but that aside, I just love the idea of battling alongside huge robots or Liandri Patrollers getting in on the action.

So, Think you could help me out?

On a side note, I already have the reptile due to it being its own individual playerclass; I was able to give it talk textures by overwriting the provided textures with the NC ones.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Team Orbit Player Classes in UT?

Post by EvilGrins »

That was initially here · viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3434&p=35094

Neo Cairo sets up its own directory within UT, I took the TeamOrbit files (.ini, .int, .u) out of there and moved it into the standard /systems folder.

There's some textures (.utx) too that you may or may not need, most of the necessary textures for mechs are in the .u file... but I thought I might use them for mapping. They all start with TO.

Problems:
- There's 2 versions of Neo Cairo, they made an update. I use the original because someone complained the mechs were too hard to beat in the original version when put on bots. In the updated version when placed on bots, the mechs don't attack anything until they get shot first.

Naturally, I use the original version.

- Mechs are Mole, Dark Mole, Desert Mole, and Selk:

These are Moles:

This is a Selk:
Despite the coloring, that is not an instagib.

All the mechs have their own unique weapons built into them, with unlimited ammo and range... though working out how to aim with them takes some practice. They can use standard weapons too... but that is really tricky for players.

There's another MUCH MORE POWERFUL but really ugly mech I no longer have access to.

- Before I had a clue how to edit anything, I tried to edit the TeamOrbit.u file to remove the parts I didn't like. Version I have now works for what I need it to, but may be a smidge damaged due to my inexperience back then. This is why I don't have access to that other mech... but it was REALLY ugly so I don't much care.

The updated version has more versatile mechs, that any player can hop into and drive. It also has spacesuits you can put on and fly in, plus other assorted kinds of vehicles... which I would've loved to keep but as stated previously, the negatives I found in the 2nd version bothered me too much.

I sometimes peek at their more recent stuff, that I can't use · http://www.teamorbit.net/
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

As much as you say otherwise, I'd rather prefer the latest versions as bots. Sure, they'll be less aggressive, but I've been trying to balance things out lately.

Heres a little something I made with RTMS: Image

I only typed in the class string to get the models. Getting them on the Player Roster is a whole different story; which is why I'm here.
What I found really interesting is the fact that despite NC having a completely new HUD, the Mechs have their own default Status Doll. Must've been from very early stages in development.

Looking forward to a response!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UTNerd24 wrote: Now heres the thing: I recall seeing a post by Evilgrins stating that he was able to get the mechs working in UT. I kinda wanna jump aboard that train too. If I remember correctly, Players appear in the Setup due to an INT file, but I unfortunatley dont fully understand how they work. I mean, I have a VAGUE understanding of the strings like Class=Playerclass etc, but in the case of Neo-Cario, Im a bit loss....On a side note, I already have the reptile due to it being its own individual playerclass; I was able to give it talk textures by overwriting the provided textures with the NC ones.
So you need to create an .int file (using a text editor) for those of the Neo Cairo models you want to use - you can use the .int for the reptile as a guide to follow (and may as well copy and rename it)

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=Reptile.Reptile,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="Reptile")
Object=(Name=Reptile.ReptileBot,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="Reptile")
Open TeamOrbit.u in UEd or UTPT.exe and look for the Mechs, etc and put the classes into the .int - so using the reprid as an example

[Public]
Object=(Name=TeamOrbit.reprid,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="reprid")
Object=(Name=TeamOrbit.repridBot,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="reprid)
Save the .int with an appropriate name and place it in the UT/system folder. The reprid will appear in the relevant selection window(s).

Note : If you play as a reprid then, depending on the map, there will be places (a lot of places probably) you won't be able to go, owing to the size of the model.
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

Cheers, Oji! Will I need an Int for the textures as well? Oddly enough, the Mech's skins are completely different playerclasses altogether. And I am aware about being unable to access certain areas. But In the past, I've had maps crash due to tall characters being unable to spawn, mainly the Skaarj Warrior, simply saying that it couldn't find a "Playerstart". That aside, I think I know what Im doing.

But how about the voices? Same thing or different string?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UTNerd24 wrote:Cheers, Oji! Will I need an Int for the textures as well?
You need to load up the models you want to use for players/bots in the relevant windows and have a look but, as far as I can see by going through my system directory, .int files already exist for all those models that have skins (that is, have skins in a .utx file). Some may simply use a skin that is in the TeamOrbit.u, as I think Selket(?) does.
UTNerd24 wrote:But how about the voices? Same thing or different string?
The voices are in TeamOrbit.u (well, to be precise, the script for them is, the sounds are in TeamOrbitMedia.u) - there are voices for Alien, Female, Male1, Male2, Mech and Trooper (all prefaced by Vox) - so the voice for the Alien is "TeamOrbit.VoxAlien1" - but you need to have a look at the TeamOrbit.u to get the precise form for each one.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Can't speak for the mounted rider, but the standard reptile model was released for downloads separate from TO some time later.

I may have them still, somewhere... think they came with their own voicepack.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote:Can't speak for the mounted rider, but the standard reptile model was released for downloads separate from TO some time later.
Yes - it's reptile.u though there is also the hreptile in TeamOrbit.u. Haven't seen a separate reprid model.
EvilGrins wrote:I may have them still, somewhere... think they came with their own voicepack.
Haven't come across a reptile voicepack so, if you have one, that would be interesting.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:Haven't come across a reptile voicepack so, if you have one, that would be interesting.
I've got a lot, but this may take some sorting · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/99865.html
OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Can't speak for the mounted rider, but the standard reptile model was released for downloads separate from TO some time later.
Yes - it's reptile.u though there is also the hreptile in TeamOrbit.u. Haven't seen a separate reprid model.
Similar to the various TO-skins for the Male Soldier, there was a release of some of the models a few years later. Whether they were official releases or others that extracted them, I can't say.
used some of their skins in my edits
Face on the bottom right:
Skimming the SkinCity database (yeah I've got the download) which isn't easy because whoever posted them didn't use full size screenshots for most of them...
Attachments
pic1_id127.jpg
pic1_id127.jpg (4.67 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

So I got the Reprid Working! But he has no voice.

Im about to try my own string...

Object=(Name=TeamOrbit.VoxAlien1,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceBoss,Description="VoxAlien1")
Is this correct?

EDIT: I got it working for the Original Reptile, but I assume Reprid has its own "Metaclass"
Last edited by UTNerd24 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Found it!

According to the ReadMe (as suspected) the person that extracted the model made no mention of Team Orbit, although it's possible the model was included in the updated version (don't recall it being in the original NeoCairo release) and was released first on its own.
Attachments
utmdl-reptilewarrior.zip
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
Last edited by EvilGrins on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

EvilGrins wrote:Found it!

According to the ReadMe (as suspected) the person that extracted the model made no mention of Team Orbit.
So its stolen?

Or did Orbit Steal from him? :omfg:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

UTNerd24 wrote:So its stolen?
Or did Orbit Steal from him?
Hard to say at this point. I don't know all the names of those that were involved in the development of TO.

Similar to other UT long-term projects, it's possible the guy may've released it before the project he was involved in was completed... but I'm only speculating.
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

Got the Mole working!
But like the Reprid, it must have its own Metaclass.
Now for its skins, Dess and DarkMole.
Spoiler
COME HERE
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UTNerd24 wrote:So I got the Reprid Working! But he has no voice.

Im about to try my own string...

Object=(Name=TeamOrbit.VoxAlien1,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceBoss,Description="VoxAlien1")
Is this correct?

EDIT: I got it working for the Original Reptile, but I assume Reprid has its own "Metaclass"
Yes that's correct - you're presumably writing an .int file for the Alien Voice? If you may want that voice to be available for male players/bots in future, you can add

Object=(Name=TeamOrbit.VoxAlien1,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.VoiceMale,Description="VoxAlien1")
Don't forget to put '[Public]' on the first line of the .int.
If the reprid is going to be a player or a bot then the metaclasses will be Botpack.TournamentPlayer and Botpack.Bot respectively - the reprid doesn't have a voice but does have (some of?) its own sounds. There is a Mech voice which will be, I think, TeamOrbit.VoxMech1.