ChaosUT - MH adds - Generation 3

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: ChaosUT - Why not MH ?

Post by sektor2111 »

Bumping time

I've studied options to recreate a correct source-code (not only doing changes from Editor - all dependencies must exist in update). Meshed being in other packages are not a big problem then.
In exchange I think I have found some evil stuff or I'm dumb or this is jerky coding or... WTF is this mess !?
I was looking at sword to see what's the deal with Blood on sword. Ahah, we have even some uncalled ever function named "CleanSword" probably self explanatory... Cleaning sword from blood ?

Code: Select all

function CleanSword()
{
	MultiSkins[1]=Texture'JcSwordfov1';
	MultiSkins[2]=Texture'JcSwordfov2';
	SwordStatus=0;
}
By probing class, this code doesn't even compile. Why ? Because I did not see any texture called "JcSwordfov1" and neither "JcSwordfov2", but I think I found those required needs. So to speak in resources there is no such import defined - or it was eradicated on purpose :wth: .
Here I'm hoping to wrong but even other whatever _flak has the same problem, texture is nowhere in any chaos related file or I could not find it. I repeat, these functions are not called anywhere, I was wondering what's happening if an evil mutator will call them... Messing sword ? Crashing game ?
BAH !!!
I think The Cleaning means restoring texture to original one which weapon had immediately after being picked up, that simple. Why this useless RocketScience with NULL textures ?

Another plonk:
Turrets do seem supposed to be reloaded by Owner... Or whatever team member in Team games ?
Ammo needed is RocketPack and... "ShockCore" which if are done into paths network are replaced so this ammo will not reach at turrets in any normal chaos mapping way... :omfg:

Edit:
Keep going.
Probably I need a PC installed in other sort of language because this mod seems to use bad strings - I'm getting 2 warnings in compiling related to some strings quoted. Probably I have to leave them alone to not mess dependencies and compatibility. It keeps to be more "great" with each class which I'm inspecting...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:I did not see any texture called "JcSwordfov1" and neither "JcSwordfov2", but I think I found those required needs. So to speak in resources there is no such import defined - or it was eradicated on purpose :wth: .
Package "ChaosUTMedia1.u" has a reference to it, but is commented out:

//#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=Jcswordfov3 FILE=TEXTURES\uthand1.PCX GROUP=Skins PALETTE=Jcswordfov1 // Uthand1
//#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=Jcswordfov4 FILE=TEXTURES\uthand2.PCX GROUP=Skins PALETTE=Jcswordfov1 // Uthand2
Furthermore "Jcswordfov1" seems to be a palette? :omfg:
sektor2111 wrote:other whatever _flak has the same problem
What weapon "Flac" are you referring to? I have noticed four weapon names starting with "Flac2".
sektor2111 wrote:texture is nowhere in any chaos related file or I could not find it
UnrealDeps.exe reports the following dependencies of ChaosUT.u:
ChaosUTDependencies.jpg
ChaosUTDependencies.jpg (21.85 KiB) Viewed 2765 times
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Turrets do seem supposed to be reloaded by Owner... Or whatever team member in Team games ?
Ammo needed is RocketPack and... "ShockCore" which if are done into paths network are replaced so this ammo will not reach at turrets in any normal chaos mapping way...
The Chaos Manual says "G)- Either weapon can be refilled manually by stepping behind the turret" - Haven't tried it much but I think that works? May be the code says differently.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:Haven't tried it much but I think that works? May be the code says differently.
So long as you've got rockets or shock ammo, you walk right up to the turret and it replenishes its ammo by taking it from you on contact.

Although you can make contact with it from any side, doesn't have to be from behind.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yuck, messy. It does seem like they either started to add the sword cleanup, or started to remove it.

Actually I do think language may have been a problem back then, as the modders that made it were from a few Countries and I think 1 of the main devs was from Russia.
I wish I could track down the code for the abandoned update, but all the source for the UT99 and 2004 versions is gone.
.... unless any of the original devs still have copies somewhere.

Yes the turrets are reloaded in a novel team player way.
They are Semi-autonomous, and semi-intelligent and all evil, so they will shoot at you if you harm them.
The idea is that if you keep reloading it, it will stay in the map until destroyed.
This forces a player to give up precious ammo. It is the players choice.
While looking at a turret and if in range, you can control it.
Press a key to swap weapons, or they will swap when they run out of the current ammo. When empty you have a short time to reload before they self-distruct.
Press another key to make it go into kamikaze mode, where it will target any players and fire both weapons as fast as it can (Enable then find cover fast).

Proxies have demented souls put into them. They are alive so will also turn rebel if you harm them.
Proxies can also be camera guided so you can put 1 exactly where you need it.

Certain features are there to encourage team play and less spammy shooting. Obviously and unfortunately these features clash with MH, in which you don't tend to defend an area for long.

My suggestion for proxies in a game where you need to progress through a map, is to make sections that require the player to guide a proxy through a small space to a point where they can detonate and trigger an event, or unlock a door etc.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

@Barbie, yeah it is messed up, code which I quoted refers to TEXTURE not Palette, Skins are textures as I know so far - palettes are something with other purpose as I could figure, and it was removed, but how the hell can you compile the crap if not by changing code and saving package in a borked format without future compiling. I gotta look what UTPT says there because obviously exported script seems a bit faked. Else perhaps was used Editor which is able to compile classes separately, so far I could compile only modifications - this is good at Editor but... in other order you can lose some dependencies and new generation will do funky things by using this way, these are sensitive things. By example first time I failed at doing a conformed dev for HauntedCreatures - it was using some sounds which were not loaded and new generation was saved without deps but stuff mentioned as values - Editor has skill to ruin your happiness. Which such a package was triggering a different memory assignment, client went into crap and crashed. That's why in stock seems not that painful as in custom packages - where size of new package grows more and more. So to speak Editor is not for Editing :loool: regarding to this name used - it could be named Map_Maker because Editing is limited at generation 1 - that's not editing is mooing through a pipe as kids are doing.

@Oijtroc
I have reloaded my turret with Rockets because the rest of loadable things were unavailable/replaced Deck16][ on purpose and other "Decks". Yes, turret get the load on bumping showing even load status, else it goes noisy when has no energy... PAmmo seems another load but which is not available due to self mod replacements - awesome work, really awesome...

@Flay
By walking through codes I could figure things - not everything is matching each-other, in exchange I bound a key for grappling and in some map I could go in areas where I have never been before all these years - thanks it was a good map without BSP problems, I did not test that grapple in a BlockAll but for sure I went over some pupae dumping projectiles when I was hanging on a rope and then they were useless. Another MH note: Kill that crap to open main gate. What for ? Let's get over gate - CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT.
The rest of featured "Monster" stuff I'm testing and fixing in a custom DM with all sort of pawns. This dumb thing mainly everywhere was using:

Other.IsA('PlayerPawn') || Other.IsA('Bot')
and ruining everything with accessing a "PlayerReplicationInfo" which is nowhere at default monster and neither at different bots (Botz here which are Pawns not Bots). Default fixing sounds different and the rest of wrappers:

Pawn(Other) != None
followed by

if (Pawn(Other).PlayerReplicationInfo != None)
in all non simulated functions - thanks they had brain to do things normal. And writing small things for Pawns non-players as well. This is a work requiring checks in around 147 classes - removing stupid spaces and adding TABS and then generation 3 has more sanity codes but it's smaller than generation 2 :lol2: . I quickly replaced 5 spaces with a TAB and then mod was reduced in size with some good KB (kilobytes). Of course I went to manual wrapping and then it was reduced more...

@Everyone
Dudes, given that main core file doesn't have meshes - no need borked exports/reimports, I could recreate some source-code. Meshes are located in external dependencies. Meshes have some... NAMES - oh, Languages again, probably typed from another keyboard than US and messing up with crapped strings. By changing these will result an incompatible stuff - this is not the goal. By keeping them as they are we have full compatibility but new generation (3 - btw) do compiles with 2 warnings, not errors but "Warnings". It works but is not 100% guaranteed that it won't mess something later with those "strings". Compiling log shows these:

Warning: E:\Editor\UnrealTournament\ChaosUT\Classes\cutig.uc(156) : Warning, ReadToken: Bad quoted string
Warning: E:\Editor\UnrealTournament\ChaosUT\Classes\cutig.uc(68) : Warning, ReadToken: Bad quoted string
And now you know the truth.
And final stage is

Log: Conformal save, relative to: ..\SystemConform\ChaosUT.u, Generation 3
Log: Save=227.973173
Log: Moving 'Save.tmp' to 'ChaosUT.u'
Log: Success - 0 error(s), 2 warnings
As you can see v1.1 mutator core seems generation 2. Right now is created generation 3 but after getting through generations I hope to not mock client playing with generation 1 which I cannot test because I don't know from where to get it and if it do exist. If generation 1 is not 100% compatible with generation 2, then whatever I do with generation 3 might head to garbage box - intensive testing is needed.
Several fixes (like z location thing) is doable by using new values - not good in a new generation - so I did a child EChaos mutator which will do ignition. Generation 3 of ChaosUT.u doesn't know about this EChaos agent so it won't do nothing harmful. In exchange EChaos child mutator will know properties of parent and is it fully operational.
To see: Generation 3 will need some HUD related testing because I see even some HUD add-on in v1.1 and maybe I have to put all things in deps but no more than generation 2 has.
For the moment in server if I add only "ChaosUT" in ServerPackages - everything is loaded visible - speaking about weaponry, EChaos doesn't need to be in packages - it operates like a ghost only being in server - stuff gets natively replicated.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Dr.Flay wrote: The idea is that if you keep reloading it, it will stay in the map until destroyed.
This forces a player to give up precious ammo. It is the players choice..
The point here is that there AREN'T any ShockCores in a pure Chaos map - so the turret can't be reloaded with this ammo.
Dr.Flay wrote: Press another key to make it go into kamikaze mode, where it will target any players and fire both weapons as fast as it can (Enable then find cover fast).
This isn't documented anywhere, is it?
Dr.Flay wrote: Proxies can also be camera guided so you can put 1 exactly where you need it.
Nor is this, at least nowhere I can find.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump Time
Weaponry Eh chapter
The most fascinating thing is copying default codes with no fixes from any kind. The same PostRender crap, the same RateSelf plonks, the same nothing sanitized triggering errors when game works in low frames... the same bIsPlayer for nothing with PlayerReplicationInfo mooing through Troopers...

Every single class from here seems to require an examination and adding checks.
Some weapons are even triggering default engine specific errors which I did not figure so far in such quantity, map problem or mod problem are showing up "fascinating" news...

At end of update perhaps I have to describe some "Exec" types available toward chaos - so called features, as a reminder of options. Whoever wants turrets properly loaded feel free do map accordingly (if you have a redeemer, add stupid ShockAmmo PAmmo post pathing else turret spawned is just a bork which will run out of ammo) I do not intend to mess random replacements just because I have to predict mapping dumbness, that's not my job.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump again
Noticed N00b Mode On
The question is how much time do you need for thinking at this code:

if ((class'ChaosUT.ChaosUTMutators'.default.bUseSmartZoomOff) && ZoomStop > 0)
			{
				SetTimer(0.0, false); //Ns: WTF is here ? Timer OFF and ON ?
				SetTimer(1.0, false);
			}
My Answer: For me took 3 seconds to think that first line is really useless - crap dumped out.
I really have to check all details as long as I also can see "Simulated" a lot. I think this is just forcing client to never executed things which are Server's duty - probably client it's only crashing randomly with some recursions manure trying to execute timers never in timing with server... YEAH ping has a word to say in all Net gaming.
Edit:
- A.I. problems -
At this point we have grave problems. Actually original Chaos is more than a bork ruining Bot's native addiction for items.
Techs explained:
It uses a sort of null "multiitem" managing items switching cycles - this... fart after all, has a positive desirability and it is permanently registered as Level item which Bot code cannot deal with it - what for after all, is just a controller not something that can be picked up, MBot is hunting in map by itself, else default Bot's activity is probably... reduced due to this "awesome" incomplete coding spree.
By using "Botyman3" I could figure what a mess is here - it's a shame. The good thing is that this problem can be fixed (I think actually it's fixed) without having compatibility issues - Net testing will follow for checking the happiness. Right now I was driven to each item involved or not in switching cycles in a map like "GrendalKeep" (one well pathed not that ported crap). After writing A.I. codes, I got "PulseGun" and "UtilityGun" both VIA Engine not as human being being fully loaded after a couple of cycles - let's say that A.I. will go a bit busy for crawling Levels for items in this updated mod not like they were doing before. I think I'm gonna love the new Chaos 8) .

Turret loading thing:
It is advisable editing ChaosUT.ini with value "bReplaceUTWeapons=False". This is a bit... bad named, UT things are going replaced and are involved in timer cycles. So to speak you'll have ShockCore and Arrows as ShockRifle and Crossbows and then you can load your Turrets. This is original deal - I'm not interested for changing anything at this point - you'll have more weapons available...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:

if ((class'ChaosUT.ChaosUTMutators'.default.bUseSmartZoomOff) && ZoomStop > 0)
{
	SetTimer(0.0, false); //Ns: WTF is here ? Timer OFF and ON ?
	SetTimer(1.0, false);
}
My Answer: For me took 3 seconds to think that first line is really useless - crap dumped out.
What about the very first line? Why is the default value of bUseSmartZoomOff used instead of the value given by INI file? (Is that a static function? There you can only access default values.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Investigation how do that works is part of another "chaosification" session for me that timer was stuck my brain, I went to drink something in next moments and I said to myself: okay, is enough for today...
All was coming when I figured what they did with A.I. DM style navigation.
However I have a satisfaction, due to my not very noobish skill I can recover A.I. of this mod for multiple purposes:
- making bot haters to die - yeah, R.I.P. monkeys, your grave is ready;
- getting indeed this mod - in a pretty much functional stage;
- adding a bit of compatibility with ScriptedPawn (non-players);
- destroying some errors having chances to stuck server - I have to check if such retarded ideas will still mess things up.

The rest of these defaultproperties specific craps seems to be copied into client which is not an authority - see PostNetbeginPlay - that entirely player-side getting some properties and I don't understand what exactly does player with them since all action is inside server.
Old_Documents wrote: Server is The Man...
I believe these dumb things are just slowing down client for no purpose - timers, values, ticks, and other authoritative things. For figuring all of them, there are needed bunches of tests because there are many such simulated ones and client is addressed and not all of them have a goal. Client's ini might be different from server's ini if we speak about defaultproperties - I hope to wrong here but looking at codes generally borks are already way too visible... On other side a wrong move might affect compatibility and then a conformed mod will go nowhere messing up the whole mod - this is not the goal of update.
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

This will be pretty damn awesome when you're done fixing this up. Sensitization of this mod would really make a lot of peoples days for sure.

- making bot haters to die - yeah, R.I.P. monkeys, your grave is ready;
How could anyone hate bots? Bot's are the best! I've yet to see a better AI in a game that really tops Ut in my books.

Infact, in my book, the 200x bots went a step down in terms of goodness.

though I'd love to see the day that default bots can support siege. Oh boy oh man. :ironic:
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

@SilverSound
Dude let me explain what is about with this A.I. I'm living in some zone when majority of people doesn't play when I'm playing - not a single time I spent more than one hour ON-Line without to see players joining. More than that, when some random one player was entering he was doing as follows:
- leaving for lag reasons even if server was smoother as oil;
- is good but a jerk bitching around (I'm wipe my ass with your skill...) I'm playing for fun not for stats;
- starting a crappy discussion about pussies and all stinky stuff;
- he is a cheater and I did feign noob figuring this pretty easy - they actually do not have a clue how to cheat without to be caught "manually" - no reason to waste time with such a "genius".

Given these methods, I'm playing with BOTS in my playground under a permanent maintenance. For me mods/maps without Bot Support or with messed up Bot Support are USELESS. I repeat 1000x times, I don't play DM CTF with myself against myself because Bots are crapped up. Bot Pathing is an easy task, really TOO EASY. If Chaos is making native function "FindBestInventoryPath" to go useless that is happening due to geniuses which were making this mess officially apreciated - Why ?. First time I though that is nothing to do here but... NO, it can be fixed - last evening I got my butt kicked by my XAN-s (A and B) which are randomly entering the game, all of these happening in a NON Chaos map without any single item falling into void.

In my final stage if any of you is interested in some minor fixes I'll PM you the mod before releasing another trashed Chaos, I really want this thing operational at least 98% if not completely operational.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The frustrating bump
Chapter Fake or not fake stuff
I've re-configured those explosions caused by proximine-s around monsters, But I could see them damaging at expiration time. I changed condition when pawn is bumping them and... PAWNS are damaged if they are stepping on them.
Trash figured: ON-LINE that explosion is not that visible - bad net stuff - if I'm changing that it will mess up compatibility - I know what was happening with old SeekingRocket - not gonna waste time with a stupid flame and a boom.
However what's the problem then ?
The problem which I see is that brainless brain which a proxymine is using - I can't get why that way. Simply, that timer seems to stop running (I logged it) mine is tracking some actor around and... does nothing. So they cannot really track targets in some games as MH. Like I said before, a mountain of useless simulated things + timers everywhere are just making a mess which is not fixable without breaking compatibility. They were using timers even in states since a state allows you to do the same thing as timer does but in such case not even sleep works - I think the whole formula is utterly borked. I also think they are switching states losing timing with everything and between themselves - brain is getting stuck - however, I added something in proxy triggering brain to a small work without any new function or any new value - it works flawed, somehow it does something depending on instigator status, but at least in this formula if you drop a mine at a monster stepping on it or just hitting monster it will get damage - explosion is "secret" ON-Line. Speaking about damage and supposed explosion as a rocket does, for me damage 60 is useless for a MINE exploding like that, simply doesn't match the noise and that explosion for such a low damage - changed to 110 - it's an explosion after all not a smoke puff.
If this would be written from it's roots probably a proxymine doesn't need an auxiliary brain and with 2 states, these codes are doable in a single state using LABELS and GoTo and Sleep and externally GoToState('state','label') - but now it seems a lost cause.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Speaking about damage and supposed explosion as a rocket does, for me damage 60 is useless for a MINE exploding like that, simply doesn't match the noise and that explosion for such a low damage - changed to 110 - it's an explosion after all not a smoke puff.
It's not a very big mine though :P :P