X-Vehicles (demo)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
4HM-Minatar

Re: X-Vehicles (demo)

Post by 4HM-Minatar »

Gustavo6046 hit on an interesting idea.
4HM-Minatar Image
Virgile
Average

Post by Virgile »

Even if it's only a technical demo, it's particularly cool and interesting. Thanks!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

4HM-Minatar wrote:hit
At last someone who knows my language!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I remember there used to be conversions of the ut2004 vehicles by some blackcheetah, I never really tried them but does this still exist anywhere? I know that he did some stupid shit later on and that he was shunned for it, but I still wonder if that mod is around. Dots did the U2Vehicles which combined the u2xmp vehicles and the bulldog vehicle found in ut2003 (which actually had unreal warfare origins).

But with all kind of recent leaks and stuff, there has been an actual pre-ue3 build of unreal warfare that leaked and it has vehicles even though they are extremely broken on that build and yes even bulldog is broken. It's almost as bad as big rigs over the road racing bad, as the vehicles clip through staticmeshes in most cases etc. But aside from bulldog it has like 4 to 5 other vehicles. Plus there are also those uengine 2 runtime test vehicles that could be converted as well. Even though those are silly. There is a separate version of that that also works on warfare (it has most of the gdc 2002 stuff except for two locations seen there).

Either way, I hope someone can make conversions of the rest of warfare vehicles minus bulldog obviously based on dots vehicles or u2vehicles. The resources are avaiable. I can share this too if anyone's interested I will give out links. The weapons on the vehicles aren't functional in that build but something can be improvised for the mod conversion version.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:17 pm I remember there used to be conversions of the ut2004 vehicles by some blackcheetah, I never really tried them but does this still exist anywhere? I know that he did some stupid shit later on and that he was shunned for it, but I still wonder if that mod is around.
Yes, it's called OnslaughtUT - available here GameTypes/ONS/. No idea what it is like as I haven't used it for years, if ever.

On vehicles, there's also a driveable pickup truck from Turboman called Tvehicles.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:17 pm I remember there used to be conversions of the ut2004 vehicles by some blackcheetah, I never really tried them but does this still exist anywhere? I know that he did some stupid shit later on and that he was shunned for it, but I still wonder if that mod is around. Dots did the U2Vehicles which combined the u2xmp vehicles and the bulldog vehicle found in ut2003 (which actually had unreal warfare origins).

But with all kind of recent leaks and stuff, there has been an actual pre-ue3 build of unreal warfare that leaked and it has vehicles even though they are extremely broken on that build and yes even bulldog is broken. It's almost as bad as big rigs over the road racing bad, as the vehicles clip through staticmeshes in most cases etc. But aside from bulldog it has like 4 to 5 other vehicles. Plus there are also those uengine 2 runtime test vehicles that could be converted as well. Even though those are silly. There is a separate version of that that also works on warfare (it has most of the gdc 2002 stuff except for two locations seen there).

Either way, I hope someone can make conversions of the rest of warfare vehicles minus bulldog obviously based on dots vehicles or u2vehicles. The resources are avaiable. I can share this too if anyone's interested I will give out links. The weapons on the vehicles aren't functional in that build but something can be improvised for the mod conversion version.
This has been on my list of things to dive into. I would be interested in the resources you mentioned and I can see what I can do.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Sent you pm with everything.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

The UT99 Onslaught project page still exists so please link to that.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/onslaught-ut
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Dr.Flay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:35 pm The UT99 Onslaught project page still exists so please link to that.
I must admit I wasn't aware of that page (hence the linking to a source I was familiar with).
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Well I am trying the onslaught but yea unlike the u2vehicles this is very buggy its not possible to switch weapons, the turrets are kinda annoying and weird, they make vehicle sounds (he could have used any of the existing turret mods for this honestly, without stealing I mean, by including them in the dependancies)....and what's up with the halo vehicles being there? Also it requires you to use mouse which is not too good if you are like me playing ut and older games with keyboard. It is perfectly possible to play ut with keyboard only actually, you just need to train a little if you aren't used to it.

So yea that kinda puts me off, funny shit happens when one vehicle intercepts the other etc. I suppose for a time it is a nice experiment but it is very buggy too.

But yea why can't i use normal turnleft/right etc controls to control my view? This is how the u2vehicles do it or even the actual games with vehicles. It doesn't force the mouse controls on you.

EDIT: What is interesting to me is how he converted the terrain to have about this same shape as in ut2004 from ons torlan though?
EDIT2: But still, one thing this is better in compared to dots mod is the use of the flashlights on the cars, its nicely done while u2vehicles have it completely absent.