Disable death camera spins

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby papercoffee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Both of you calm down!!

Gustavo6046 wrote:And as for the finishing things before releasing, of course I do finish most things before releasing! As for the rest, happens you do not understand the Open Source community - release first, then get community input so that the PEOPLE can find the bugs for you.

Sorry to burst your dream bubble, but that's not what open source means ...what you describe is laziness, nothing more.
Open source means you finish a product (tested and working) and then publish it with an open source license. Everyone afterwards can take your source and advance the code and put it up with the same license, so another coder can take it and advance it even further or even fork it to make a totally different version under a different name but the same open source license.
Open source = the source is open not the product is unfinished.

sektor2111 wrote:Did I said PREFERENCES console command ? It says P-R-E-F-E-R-E-N-C-E-S, capisch ? Maybe not ? Some image ? I wasn't even mentioning any Editor, any player can configure some game variables without to mess with INI files just from... CONSOLE - by using "tilde". Because when it comes to editing INI files, other options are open...

Not every player knows how to open the console and use commands.

sektor2111 wrote:You must be new at UT, have you seen preferences menu-command ? It's like here, definitely more completed than that default game menu.

that picture you posted in your last post would have helped more then this obsolete and derailing discussion with Gustavo.
User avatar
papercoffee
Site Staff
 
Posts: 8690
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby sektor2111 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm

papercoffee wrote:Not every player knows how to open the console and use commands.

By personal curiosity can you explain why community did XConsole and forums have some debates around ? Just because Moon is moving ? While others are busy to learn nothing, Gustavo is addicted and very busy to mock topics to not say that to mock me while he has no clue what I mean because of some language barriers (another guess) but I'm not sad at all about that. I'm trying to understand new age specific thoughts for my personal study, new people, new way of doing and thinking. AND because all was set OFF-Topic by only trying to bug me without any new information, for you as a nice admin I say: Please lock the thread - simple as pie, we can chat in other way. Because this is not a chat, it's a forum. You can also lock threads where the genius is trying to be cool in OFF-TOPIC mode turning forum in a chat for some personal vendetta with no valid arguments.

As a random question: Who is willing to start an UT TUTORIAL for players toward what players can do in UT VS what is not advisable to do ? It looks like we are addicted to UT but we have no clue about UT because nobody is reading nothing about UT. Subjects:
- game menu;
- console commands;
- installing add-ons;
- cache stuff;
- mismatch mitigation;
- key bindings;
- dealing/no deal with moron-retarded admins;
- cheating detection;
- INI file meaning;
- and so on...
Last edited by sektor2111 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
 
Posts: 3496
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: vect(1,1,1)

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby papercoffee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:08 pm

You can put your personal grudge against Gustavo where the PMs are growing ...or you can put him on the foe list and have never to read one of his comments ever again. This counts for you as well @Gustavo6046 .

sektor2111 wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Not every player knows how to open the console and use commands.

By personal curiosity can you explain why community did XConsole and forums have some debates around ? Just because Moon is moving ?

Just because we have here discussions about XConsole doesn't it mean that every player out there has the knowledge those discussants have.

Some people just playing UT. They put some mutators and mods in their game and are happy and enjoy it that way.
And if something won't work, they going online and ask other people with more knowledge how they can fix this ...and mostly they hope they won't get a cynical and snarky answer.
But nowadays, it seems, they have to be at least a server admin (running a server for several years) to even talk to certain people. Otherwise you are just a fucking noob and doesn't deserve to play this game, right?
User avatar
papercoffee
Site Staff
 
Posts: 8690
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby sektor2111 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Want a hint from me ?
I'm noob in Android stuff and I've failed several deals, but this doesn't mean I that I have to post posts in XDA forums trying to mock people over there trying to gain popularity, I'm silently learning without a single small noise, I did not call Gustavo here, he entered suddenly speaking about Editor and my wrong path which is an AlternatePath and NOT wrong at all, read the whole thread, if console it's not known by players this is not my problem - it's their loss. So feel free to lock this debate because it makes no sense.

BTW: Camera spins can be disabled in a new PLAYER class entirely messing NewNet and other such mods/mutators unless you want to learn about XCGE things - LOL. I think I can write something but... maybe our genius can deliver something less REDUNDANT helping here and I'll say "Hat Off" for that.
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
 
Posts: 3496
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: vect(1,1,1)

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby papercoffee » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:25 pm

sektor2111 wrote:Want a hint from me ?
I'm noob in Android stuff and I've failed several deals, but this doesn't mean I that I have to post posts in XDA forums trying to mock people over there trying to gain popularity, I'm silently learning without a single small noise,

Good for you. I'm the guy who likes to talk with people and ask questions. Then I show what I did to get constructive criticism.
Yes, Gustavo stepped on some toes with his "Bonus Pack" but he is learning. Not only coding but also how to act in a forum.
Oh boy, you would hate me if you could see how stupid I behaved in forums when I was young.

sektor2111 wrote:I did not call Gustavo here, he entered suddenly speaking about Editor and my wrong path which is an AlternatePath and NOT wrong at all

You two have resentments towards each other, that's for sure.
But maybe he secretly admires you and that's the reason why he follows you around and mocking you.
Or it could be just simple dislike. Who knows?

sektor2111 wrote:read the whole thread

I did. That's my "job" here.

sektor2111 wrote:if console it's not known by players this is not my problem - it's their loss.

Maybe... but maybe it's the responsibility of the knowledgeable guy to teach others and rise them to the same level if possible.

sektor2111 wrote:So feel free to lock this debate because it makes no sense.

I feel free to not lock this debate.
User avatar
papercoffee
Site Staff
 
Posts: 8690
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby Gustavo6046 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:51 pm

I no more am than fed due to the fact sektor keeps a high level of intellectual elitism (driving people away from the mapping community entirely by negatively criticizing everyone with low mapping skills, for example), and in how he is himself often making no sense in what he says, or misses the point, and the list only goes.

I don't mock people or threads or anything. I'm not here to be a clown. I'm here to show my products and to give constructive criticism. I guess I should just ignore sektor's posts straight away, but it has become such an issue it's not just me - the whole community is at risk. It's more than just a grudge between us.

Oh, and GusPack II isn't really unfinished. It's just too large a mod to playtest in one go, so I release subsequent updates. The more perfected it is with time, the better. Maybe one day it will come to a final version.
Terrain apprentice.
User avatar
Gustavo6046
Masterful
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 pm
Personal rank: Typing ghost

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:38 pm

If I may shed some light on this;

In fact, Sektor2111 clearly did state that "preferences" is a console command in his first post. Gustavo then went ahead and claimed that his post was ill-formed and lacked information, then referring to UnrealED due to his own lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge is not a problem, that's when we ask questions. This was not the case here, instead Gustavo proceeded by acting rather arrogant and irrational towards him, being condescending for no reason. Bringing up off-topic arguments and grudges isn't something you should do against someone in a post unless that's the topic (Sektor2111 did it too, yes). Gustavo was clearly mocking Sektor2111's initial comment and everything escalated from there. It's great that we can all come here and ask for help whenever we need, but it's not a person's duty to help and answer questions, it's a priviledge and we all feel happy helping eachother out thanks to good morals. Thus acting arrogant and condescending towards someone who's trying to help is obviously not ideal. I am not siding with anyone here, but it's pretty clear what's going on, and judging by your comments, papercoffee, you did in fact miss what was going on.
Chris
Experienced
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:27 am

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby Gustavo6046 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:03 am

Chris, I'm not trying to impose any opinions or thoughts. I do believe sektor is intellectually elitist, but I don't enforce that. I'm just worried what will be of the modding community with him filtering people from it.

He didn't state it was a console command in the first post. Preferences is a word too vague to denote a console command; not even *I* knew. (I am supposed to know most everything about UT, its engine and its editor!)

I am more than glad to end this discussion. If you think I am mocking anyone, then well, feel free to express yourself. I'm not trolling anyone (trolling is dumb and it's usually not solidly based in any way), and I'm not trying to injury sektor's moral. I am only mad everytime I see him scolding beginners. I just can't help it.

Apologize me for worrying, for being me.

EDIT: in a side note, I'm very sorry for derailing this thread. I'll avoid doing it in the future. But it's not a good idea to discuss with sektor in PM (it's more personal, easier to take as an insult, or to simply ignore, etc.); and no, camera spins are not my current focus, or my worries. So I'll just leave the thread alone. Anything else, PM me. I will work on making GusPackII a GOOD mod. People don't usually care a lot for these minor tweaks nowadays, they want to see great things, like Ferali's NW3. And well, that's what I'm doing.
Terrain apprentice.
User avatar
Gustavo6046
Masterful
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 pm
Personal rank: Typing ghost

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby papercoffee » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:02 am

Chris wrote:In fact, Sektor2111 clearly did state that "preferences" is a console command in his first post.
have you seen preferences menu-command ? It's like here, definitely more completed than that default game menu.
This can be easily misunderstood. And it didn't explained how OP could do this. A simple sentence like "click here, do this" and everything would be fine. sektor's post would have lost its patronising vibe.

Chris wrote:and judging by your comments, papercoffee, you did in fact miss what was going on.
I don't think so, would you like to explain. Via PM if you prefer or here in that thread.
User avatar
papercoffee
Site Staff
 
Posts: 8690
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby sektor2111 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:29 am

In fact I was expecting to see Gustavo explaining about that camera. He did not explained nothing but explaining me that I'm wrong ? Where did do I do wrong ? Paranoia ? What else ?
Me being a problem ? Good, let me tell you something very real - I have received some months ago several messages outside of forum about NOT visiting UT99.org because of those two dumb guys posting posts and using forum for chatting purpose stepping on people's shoes. One of those was YOU Gustavo and the other one Funky which was in a "public learning" process, the most hilarious reason brought as argument for his spam posting. My posts I think have 80+% reality because I'm testing what I'm saying - making some difference between You and Me - including that key bound problem which WORKS and Nobody was helping NEW Guy, btw. I'm not against mappers with low skill or novice because I'm one of them... So ? I was and I am against dumping junks in community based on laziness - I'm leaving stupids to test my work because I'm going to sleep, right ? THIS is damaging for community not me.
Gustavo6046 wrote:I'm just worried what will be of the modding community with him filtering people from it
A better one out of just dumping files for no purpose ? A cleaner ground ? A step forward ? Do you want to find some similar stuff with real life ? Breath then and try this scenario >> Camera ON
You go to hospital because you need a surgery. A dude is saying that will do surgery for you but he is not even a doctor neither a surgeon ? Would you like to see such a guy digging inside you out of knowledge having no clue what is doing ? THIS IS damage. Camera OFF
In UT community there are a few (not many) people claiming as being mappers exactly like that fake/false doctor. They do not read tutorials, neither practicing private mapping but suddenly claiming that they help. Seriously ? Where is the help here ? More messed up things brought at surface ? Copy-Pasting sh!t Levels renamed to a newer formula and announced louder ? Do you need a memory refresh ? Posts are here not in my head so I can show them - but... what for ? As usual, it's wrong what I'm saying :loool: .
I would like to know what do you think rather than keep saying that I don't know things and what I'm saying makes no sense but forgetting to answer, and with those so called specific jokes showing to Tamerlane Bots Menu with Tamerlane - that is not an answer it's just another spam-post. You are a bit annoying by doing these as a mater of fact.
I took a break at beginning of year and I will take a small break at end of year because jesters have to spam forum and to load useless junks "helping". Good, because of this total UT addiction I will leave everyone to dump any content - I'm not going to post any feedback - because I can dump mine elsewhere and I do not have any problem at this point.
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
 
Posts: 3496
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: vect(1,1,1)

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby Gustavo6046 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Well, i do partly agree with your surgeon analogy. But you can't just apply it, because
  • surgery is very difficult, since you have to know everything you're doing, and you can't just 'test' things;
  • mapping isn't fatal if you miss something. Just don't add the maps.

I equally expected you to help out beginner mappers to grow; but you instead tell lies (I don't blame you). For example, subtracting terrain isn't bad. I know you are human and every humans commit mistakes, but I think you need to interpret what your idols, like Higor, say, but you need to interpret it correctly, within the context it was said.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but you could be clearer on what you say. You just need to learn English. Google Translate sucks. That's a friendly tip, by the way.

sektor2111 wrote:and with those so called specific jokes showing to Tamerlane Bots Menu with Tamerlane - that is not an answer it's just another spam-post. You are a bit annoying by doing these as a mater of fact.


That's called being happy. It's unrelated.
Terrain apprentice.
User avatar
Gustavo6046
Masterful
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 pm
Personal rank: Typing ghost

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby papercoffee » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:28 pm

Gustavo6046 wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:and with those so called specific jokes showing to Tamerlane Bots Menu with Tamerlane - that is not an answer it's just another spam-post. You are a bit annoying by doing these as a mater of fact.

That's called being happy. It's unrelated.
I have to agree with sektor here. It can get annoying. Ask EvilGrins how annoying he was at the beginning :mrgreen:

Anyway, Tamerlane seems to have his answer now, or didn't he?
@Tamerlane, in an attempt to bring this thread back on track, did some of those solutions fix your problem?
User avatar
papercoffee
Site Staff
 
Posts: 8690
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby Gustavo6046 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:58 pm

But, did it get annoying? It didn't. At least Tamerlane surely did enjoy the joke :agree1:
Terrain apprentice.
User avatar
Gustavo6046
Masterful
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 pm
Personal rank: Typing ghost

Re: Disable death camera spins

Postby Chamberly » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Was wondering, is this for offline games or demo playback to request turn off the spin upon death?
Image
Image
irc.globalgamers.net #uscript
http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript
Image
User avatar
Chamberly
Godlike
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm
Location: TN, USA
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Previous

Return to Modifications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest