Disable death camera spins

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Tamerlane
Novice

Disable death camera spins

Post by Tamerlane »

When I play with InstaGib or I'm killed with head shots, camera spins everywhere and after some deaths it starts to be disturbing.
Is there a way to disable spins/movements on death camera? :mrgreen:
makemeunreal
Masterful

Re: Disable death camera spins

Post by makemeunreal »

Use Forced Respawn. :P
Tamerlane
Novice

Post by Tamerlane »

Where's that option? :( I'm searching for minutes with no results. :noidea
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Tamerlane wrote:Where's that option? :( I'm searching for minutes with no results. :noidea
You must be new at UT, have you seen preferences menu-command ? It's like here, definitely more completed than that default game menu.
[attachment=0]Preferences_opened.PNG[/attachment]
If camera spin would not be done in UT, for sure one of coders would do it, all the time we have something to say and do against default settings...
Attachments
Preferences_opened.PNG
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

If you're using NewNet mutators, it does it most of the time.

Else... not sure. It can be hard coded in the game as the direction of being shot and such.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Set Gore-Level to Ultra-Low and when you die, the camera won't spin anymore.
Also it will reduce flying gibs/lims.
Never had or heard any issues with any version of (U)NewNet with this functionality.

:tongue: :wtf:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Tamerlane wrote:camera spins everywhere and after some deaths it starts to be disturbing
I love that! Great way to take interesting angled screenshots.

Depending on what game mode you're in, online games, lan games, or practice games... usually press F5 will stop it. That's the keybind for switching your view to any other players' view... though then you gotta get back to your own view from repeated pressings.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dizzy
Experienced
Personal rank: Oaf

Post by Dizzy »

EvilGrins wrote:usually press F5 will stop it. That's the keybind for switching your view to any other players' view... though then you gotta get back to your own view from repeated pressings.
On that note, a very simple mod/mutator will allow you to bind a "reset view" key to get back to your own view with a single keypress (I use F6, personally):
https://github.com/bunnytrack/ResetView
Join the BunnyTrack.net Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord
Forum|User
Experienced

Post by Forum|User »

No Damage Shake:
*link removed*
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Forum|User wrote:No Damage Shake:
No not this mutator. Never download this. I completely screwed up making this one.
Tamerlane
Novice

Post by Tamerlane »

What was that mutator?
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote: You must be new at UT,
[shows picture of some random UnrealEd properties menu]
Modders are assuming every UT player must at least have a grasp of UnrealEd, assuming that everyone should know how to do good maps right from the start (you can't just suddenly become a Creavion and stop putting out "fix" versions, heh), assuming that new versions of maps are crap because they are too "redundant" and "cluttersome"...

Come on! It's enough of this level of elitism we have gotten to in modern UT modding days. It has become a way to get beginners away from the game, and it's beginning to worry me about the lifespan of the old Unreal Tournament community.

It's also being quite dismissive of one fact: UT mapping, modding, sometimes even configuration, is not easy. People are bound to make mistakes and end up patching them. The BP1 could well have an official Epic patch to fix the War Cow/Nali player models, but they didn't, and to this day you need skin-fixed versions to use custom skins for the Nali and the War Cow.

Unreal Engine 1 is a relatively obscure engine (otherwise we would already have an UT equivalent of pannenkoek or Stryder7X), so it's often a hard path to... well, path. You know, plopping pathnodes is fun at all, but the perfect AI mesh has yet to be done. Or maybe we should even try implementing (and using) navigation meshes, with either native fiddling or UnrealScript wizardry. This could be done automatically, or with a third-party tool (like the Quake 3 .nav compiler). I prefer the latter.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Gustavo6046 wrote: sektor2111 wrote:

You must be new at UT,
[shows picture of some random UnrealEd properties menu]

Modders are assuming every UT player must at least have a grasp of UnrealEd,
For your personal knowledge that IT'S FROM GAME not from UnrealEd :loool: -look for a good "Console Commands" tutorial in advance if you have other such thoughts, else not only Editor has console, btw about that <killall> which you were talking about before. The rest of blabbering and quoting me is REDUNDANT - I see that you love this word but you don't love to finish your started jobs. I'm waiting to see what's next subject.
As described before, when we do have some doubts about what we do, we simply have the freedom to TEST that "work" before spreading mud in public, yeah testing whatever mod tool, application, map, etc. etc. is done by anyone with a sane mind which nowadays is not a default practice as long as dignity is almost None. I'm currently building a Control Access System, imagine that I won't introduce my work to customer without doing first a couple of TESTS because a failure is the last thing wanted - these are un-written rules, default rules about Working Generally, but I'm afraid that you have failed these finding various excuses.
So far I'll come to read forum later in November because I'm not missing to waste time reading "reasons" from all kind :sleep: .
The rest of mutators which I'm finishing for releasing them these days won't reach here in order to prevent being REDUNDANT as you have been mentioning, so thank you for "heads up". You have helped quality by inspiring me to not deliver anything. As for the questions which new members are asking and no one is answering, my responses can go in a PM :agree1: .
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote:For your personal knowledge that IT'S FROM GAME not from UnrealEd

This is within UnrealEd. There are no "Advanced Options" available from the Unreal Tournament desktop (although you theoretically can from the console). This is why people should not be assumed they can configure anything in UT (since many things are hidden away by the Editor's old and cryptic interface).

As for the testing thing, yes, most people will test their things before releasing. I do, too.

And as for the finishing things before releasing, of course I do finish most things before releasing! As for the rest, happens you do not understand the Open Source community - release first, then get community input so that the PEOPLE can find the bugs for you. A large thing like GusPack II requires a playtest team, which I unfortunately can't afford.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Did I said PREFERENCES console command ? It says P-R-E-F-E-R-E-N-C-E-S, capisch ? Maybe not ? Some image ? I wasn't even mentioning any Editor, any player can configure some game variables without to mess with INI files just from... CONSOLE - by using "tilde". Because when it comes to editing INI files, other options are open...
[attachment=0]And_Now_What.PNG[/attachment]
Is this clear enough now ? Excuse me for low image quality, I'm not using a higher resolution...
Attachments
And_Now_What.PNG