question: textures weapons for ut?

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
darksonny
Adept

question: textures weapons for ut?

Post by darksonny »

Hi and happy new year to ut99 people

As title says is there out in the internet any modification or texture HQ package to improve the ut weapons like the st3c does for maps?
thanks

pd: Im unsure if this is the correct o wrong place to ask for, if so, please move the post to their proper section in this forum :tu:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: question: textures weapons for ut?

Post by JackGriffin »

It's not exactly what you are asking for but I run an entire textures/effects/skins package on my coop server that does what you want and a ton more. The base texture package is a bit more than 100MB but on a fast redirect you get that file pretty quick. What it gives you is beautifully reskinned weapons, pickups, and decorations that are interactive. Wall sconces can be shot off their base, signs and statues destroyed, trees burned, etc. The full texture package is north of 700MB and I'm slowly adding things once they are stable in the base setup.

There are some good weapon retextures but not to the level that LightningHunter did for the Unreal stuff here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/high-resolution-unreal-skins Look at this detail on the rocket launcher:
GLHD2.JPG
He was gracious enough to let me rip out the textures and downconvert them to a more online-usable level. This is what needs to be done for the UT weapons. Trust me, it's SO worth it. Someone could make a really good total package like my coop one and do it for UT servers pretty easily. I've done all the heavy lifting aside from the UT weapon skins. It makes for a beast of a primary download but totally worth it once you are in-game.

Anyhow if you are wanting a plug-and-play solution I don't know of a high level version. You'll likely need to make one yourself if you want the very best product.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
darksonny
Adept

Re: question: textures weapons for ut?

Post by darksonny »

Thanks Jack I will test this thing you gave i only look for the ut standard weapon being reskinned with better textures :tu: