Looking for certain custom "human" pawns (bot-like)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
BloodyBastard
Novice

Looking for certain custom "human" pawns (bot-like)

Post by BloodyBastard »

Well... I know I haven't explain myself on the title but here is the thing...

A few years ago, I remember getting some human pawns (enemies with a Skaarj Trooper behaviour just without the lunge and claw attacks) which you can set human meshes (such as soldier or commando) to put in on your monster hunt maps.

I recently watched a video of these "pawns", and I thought if someone has posted them here or... if it's possible to make them. I tried setting a Skaarj Trooper's mesh to human ones just for shit and giggles and it didn't work. (sometimes the character freezes and sometimes it strafes and shoots)

Here is the video by the way:
9cUD55v6CCQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cUD55v6CCQ

Hope I did get myself understood.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Looking for certain custom "human" pawns (bot-like)

Post by sektor2111 »

MH-LiandriInvasionV2 is one of those maps which might stuck a MH server based on those "pawns" (aka CRAPS). Depending on server priority settings and battling situation, you might earn a crash or a server completely locked, because they are poorly coded regarding to comments which they have in codes. The best way is doing your own ones instead of using unknown packages. I was checking Internet for various "process managers" in order to CRASH a MH server previously looping without response just because such a map was a damaging one regarding to design and story behind it.
I know what I'm saying here because I had MH servers running. But... If you want to find such pawns open those maps and simply check those things directly.
For the record, in my demo or permanent maps which I'm using, I never added such trash stuff, take this as you want but I tested these and... I have reasons to not mess up with them, it's stuff triggering deceptions but... this is what I saw in more machines.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

To be fair, I really liked that LiandriInvasion map, felt unique when instead of regular monsters it was „humans”. Wish there was an alternative that wouldnt crash a server or anything like that :sad2:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Another fact, if by chance server might be alive after first battling session, later you might see them pointing weapon without firing, simply they are remaining without ammo which for a Skaarj won't happen. If you play map in that state they really do look retarded which is a very solid evidence about their sh!t codes supposed with "fixes". Mesh used by Bot has another deal VS Skaarj, simply animation codes are different called and NetPriority for Bot VS Scriptedpawn is NOT the same
[attachment=0]Not_The_Same.PNG[/attachment]

Let me see... Engine will deal different with Pawns Non Players having a lower net priority when Bot is definitely updated different. As result I think it's simply wrong to do a code copy-paste without touching animation rate, or he forgot water-zone looping a null animation or having a bad timing, because map is getting stuck in primary area around that water hole nearby tunnel - not all time but... happens and it's annoying...

Note: When I did those two pawns from SHuman package if I well recall I had to write something for water-zones and I have adjusted whatever timer from "TacticalMove" state, because morons were still firing weapon after killing victim and sometimes they were damaging themselves and even dying and here I could see that ScriptedPawn is poorly coded in such situation, these pawns moving different were showing bugs more clear - see Fly:TacticalMove:Timer - another evidence. I spent a lot of time with them and I still cannot be 100% sure about all their instances. All tests have been executed in whatever MH-Frigate re-edited map... That timer is damaging because while timer is running victim can be killed by other Pawn, and final execution from timer is triggering later a nothing because there is no code telling to pawn what to do if victim is gone at end of timer period.
Attachments
Not_The_Same.PNG
BloodyBastard
Novice

Post by BloodyBastard »

Thanks for the replies. Mods are free to close this thread if they need to.