Completed Unreal High Res Textures now available

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
AHaigh01
Novice

Completed Unreal High Res Textures now available

Post by AHaigh01 »

Hey all,

I've been flying under the radar in the Unreal world for a long time, but I did some HD skins and textures that you may have seen. Some of the skins in Lightning Hunters Unreal HD Skins release were by me, like the plants and trees, the Gina skin, a couple weapons and various pickups and decorations. Also in Diehards High Res textures I did the GenFx organic stuff like hanging moss, vines, leaves, roots, cobwebs, straw,etc.

For the last 6 months I've been working on filling in all of the missing HD textures in the Unreal Retexturing Project.

You can grab your copy here:

https://sites.google.com/view/unrealhdtextures/home

This release is intended primarily for Unreal 1, but since single player is also done on UT99 with the Oldskool Mod, there is a UT99 net compatible version as well. This release does not aim the address all of the UT99 textures. Only the textures in common with Unreal 1.

These textures replace the original low-res textures from the Unreal game with high resolution replacement textures that look virtually identical at a distance, but have a much higher degree of detail as you get closer up. Therefor the game looks crisp and detailed instead of blurry and low res.

AHaigh01
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: Completed Unreal High Res Textures now available

Post by Dr.Flay »

Welcome to the forum.

Thankyou for your continued work on the project :tu:
I am thinking we need to group all the HD projects under 1 roof !
Acoma
Average

Post by Acoma »

wow holy crap these textures are awesome. i really prefer your variations of the surfaces as opposed to the older s3tc style packs.
playing old maps is like a totally different experience, especially with the newer skybox textures. thanks a lot for making this you did an amazing job :gj:

little problem here though, am i the only one with a black deck in k galleon? also is the skybox for galleon supposed to be angled?
Spoiler
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Hi
Thanks for your contribution dude!
One question I use both Unreal and UT99 (mainly this one) ..Could I "mix" those high-end (only high-end not lower versions) res textures made by other guy (Diehard), with those packages you did? If I understood well you said that you only filled those textures who left remaining to be improved

Anyway thanks! :rock:
AHaigh01
Novice

Post by AHaigh01 »

@Acoma

Thanks for spotting that floor issue. The skybox i'm not sure what you are seeing. Can you post a screenshot?
I figured out the issue with the floor in kgalleon. Its a wet texture (indus6.wetstuff.wetbeams1) that has a dependency to the crypt2.utx package- which I changed to s3tc. For now you can roll back crypt2.utx to the original low res package. I am looking into what is the best fix for it.
Acoma
Average

Post by Acoma »

not sure if the skybox is meant to be on an angle like this, or if It was meant to be animated?
Spoiler
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Are they dual P8/DXT1 format?
Conformed to originals?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

They do not seem to have issues - tested - Sky in map Kings_And_Servants revised 2018 do looks properly - with old S3TC ones it was crapped up - at first check these do seem better, I'll look at next ones...
:gj:
Note:
I switched machines with a lazy one. Indeed normal stock maps and similar are running fine.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

nice jobbbbbbb, I want to see 4kkkkkkk :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :tu: :loool:
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
Iacobus
Average

Post by Iacobus »

Acoma wrote:not sure if the skybox is meant to be on an angle like this, or if It was meant to be animated?
Spoiler
The textures are on a mover inside the skybox that in game tilts back and forth simulating the movement of the sea. They're also slightly missaligned in the originial,
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote:Are they dual P8/DXT1 format?
Conformed to originals?
Cough... Does somehow XCv23 v24 crash with these somewhere related with Ancient.utx ?
I'm asking because XCv21 in rig machine works so far but I have to check more. XCv23 XCv24 are crashing with the same broken log, the cause being very mysterious...
By example recent map DM-BrokenFaith made client to crash permanently in charge being some C++ Visual Lib bla bla K.O.
UnrealTournament.log wrote: DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=6118F4A211D2B1934F006B8CDE9A0349 PKG=GothSkins FLAGS=1 SIZE=1064336 GEN=1 FNAME=GothSkins.utx
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=84F134E211D2B2254F006B8CDE9A0349 PKG=GothFem FLAGS=1 SIZE=1330351 GEN=1 FNAME=GothFem.utx
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=6118F4A111D2B1934F006B8CDE9A0349 PKG=DacomaSkins FLAGS=1 SIZE=1064346 GEN=1 FNAME=DacomaSkins.utx
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=84F134E111D2B2254F006B8CDE9A0349 PKG=DacomaFem FLAGS=1 SIZE=1064340 GEN=1 FNAME=DacomaFem.utx
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=2F84A16311D3E71FA000518AB12F18D2 PKG=TSkMSkins FLAGS=1 SIZE=4076854 GEN=1 FNAME=TSkMSkins.utx
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=2F84A16111D3E71FA000518AB12F18D2 PKG=TNaliMeshSkins FLAGS=3 SIZE=542925 GEN=1 FNAME=TNaliMeshSkins.utx
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=2F84A16011D3E71FA000518AB12F18D2 PKG=TCowMeshSkins FLAGS=3 SIZE=613832 GEN=1 FNAME=TCowMeshSkins.utx
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=24E5A72411D321104F006B8CDE9A0349 PKG=BossSkins FLAGS=1 SIZE=1867811 GEN=1 FNAME=BossSkins.utx
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=
This time line with Ancient did not even show (XC_V24).

EDIT: Okay, XCv21, client connecting in the same map - unable to join but game was sitting alive even reporting problem:

Code: Select all

Log: Failed import: Palette Palette SkyBox.Palette2 (file ../Textures/SkyBox.utx)
NetComeGo: Close XC_TcpipConnection1 06/08/19 00:50:42
SkyBox.utx do seems borked - else in CTF-Coret, one of those panels nearby "bugged starts" (if you know what is about with Engine vs CTF-Coret) is NOT a HIGH RES texture.
Problem solved... I'm going to delete these textures because they are bugged, and I still can see missing ones...
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

AHaigh01 wrote:Hey all,

I've been flying under the radar in the Unreal world for a long time, but I did some HD skins and textures that you may have seen. Some of the skins in Lightning Hunters Unreal HD Skins release were by me, like the plants and trees, the Gina skin, a couple weapons and various pickups and decorations. Also in Diehards High Res textures I did the GenFx organic stuff like hanging moss, vines, leaves, roots, cobwebs, straw,etc.

For the last 6 months I've been working on filling in all of the missing HD textures in the Unreal Retexturing Project.

You can grab your copy here:

https://sites.google.com/view/unrealhdtextures/home

This release is intended primarily for Unreal 1, but since single player is also done on UT99 with the Oldskool Mod, there is a UT99 net compatible version as well. This release does not aim the address all of the UT99 textures. Only the textures in common with Unreal 1.

These textures replace the original low-res textures from the Unreal game with high resolution replacement textures that look virtually identical at a distance, but have a much higher degree of detail as you get closer up. Therefor the game looks crisp and detailed instead of blurry and low res.

AHaigh01

Some minor correction did you do with the mid highn texture package, i,m very glad you did it.
I just wanna say upto 4k highend texture package with the higer resolution textures. :rock:

good job keep up the good things and well done. :gj:
downloaded for keeps. :shock:
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

rjmno1 wrote:good job keep up the good things and well done. :gj:
downloaded for keeps. :shock:
Dude, except ringing bells and trumpets can you play map DM-BrokenFaith any ? Just asking...
Can you figure CTF-Coret ? Let me see... it's all about "nice awesome" etc. and NOT a REAL feed-back for making things to work PROPERLY :omfg: :sleep: .

Edit: For dummy testers ringing bells.
Plonk #1 - Is this a High resolution or I do have a display problem ?
[attachment=2]HiRes_doubt.PNG[/attachment]

Plonk #2 - Attempting to start DM-BrokenFaith (the initial fixed beta as long as next one is not for me). Karma was already whispering by not showing ScreenShot. Here I removed XC_Engine for preventing NONE errors reporting :noidea .
[attachment=1]No_MoreSShoot.PNG[/attachment]

And I had the bad idea to press start... :ironic:
[attachment=0]HiRes_Lolzing.PNG[/attachment]

Momentum Solution: REPLACE (so far) SkyBox.utx with original stock one if you want to not have issues with maps having those textures :arrow: .
Attachments
HiRes_Lolzing.PNG
No_MoreSShoot.PNG
HiRes_doubt.PNG
Iacobus
Average

Post by Iacobus »

sektor2111 wrote:Attempting to start DM-BrokenFaith (the initial fixed beta as long as next one is not for me). Karma was already whispering by not showing ScreenShot. Here I removed XC_Engine for preventing NONE errors reporting :noidea .
I hope next one is for you, since I've barely worked on cosmetics and have spent most of the spare time adjusting pathing to make bots cover more ground
throughout the map. Also, teleporter added.

Regarding the issue, it's already been reported issues with wet textures here and I'm using skybox.effects.NCld as the source for my custom one. I'll mylevel
the texture and I'd appreciate if you can report back and tell me if it fixed the problem. I'm also interested in seeing what you did with pathing in your
rev19 version, if it's not a bother to PM me or post the file in the map thread.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

One fact is what I'm accepting: IF MAP works with stock files but it doesn't with something "a la 2019", definitely new things need REVISED. Original SkyBox.utx file has no problems... With regard to map, I'll describe in desired thread, here we have to discuss if these Hi Res textures have original integrity according to stock UT and not Steam or whatever UT Vx which might be floating around...