Completed Unreal High Res Textures now available

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Iacobus
Average

Re: Completed Unreal High Res Textures now available

Post by Iacobus »

sektor2111 wrote:One fact is what I'm accepting: IF MAP works with stock files but it doesn't with something "a la 2019", definitely new things need REVISED. Original SkyBox.utx file has no problems... With regard to map, I'll describe in desired thread, here we have to discuss if these Hi Res textures have original integrity according to stock UT and not Steam or whatever UT Vx which might be floating around...
Agreed, reason why I haven't downloaded it yet, but the post was mostly intended to shed a light on the fact that a skybox.utx texture was being used as source, so might be worth checking other maps that also
have stock textures being used as such since DM-KGalleon presented a similar problem.
AHaigh01
Novice

Post by AHaigh01 »

There are 8 utx packages that are unchanged since Diehard put them out years ago. Skybox.utx is one of them. So either this problem existed already or something else is going on?
@sektor2111 -Plonk #1- what is the package and name of that texture?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

With regard to log file resulted from failure, the missing thing is a Palette from file SkyBox.utx not exactly a texture block, as for CTF-Coret I have to check map. Map causing rejection ( DM-BrokenFaith][beta1_4][ ) is being posted in forum, you can check it directly.

Edit: Checked, in CTF-Coret the non Hi Res texture is Texture'Coret_FX.Panels.A_Screen1' initially being 256×128 and there is no Hi Res texture package provided in archive...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

AHaigh01 wrote:There are 8 utx packages that are unchanged since Diehard put them out years ago. Skybox.utx is one of them. So either this problem existed already or something else is going on?
Yes, the problem is with Diehard's Skybox.utx - I was using it and got the palette error when trying to play DM-BrokenFaith (before I downloaded and used the updated High Res textures).
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

sektor2111 wrote:
rjmno1 wrote:good job keep up the good things and well done. :gj:
downloaded for keeps. :shock:
Dude, except ringing bells and trumpets can you play map DM-BrokenFaith any ? Just asking...
Can you figure CTF-Coret ? Let me see... it's all about "nice awesome" etc. and NOT a REAL feed-back for making things to work PROPERLY :omfg: :sleep: .

Edit: For dummy testers ringing bells.
Plonk #1 - Is this a High resolution or I do have a display problem ?
[attachment=2]HiRes_doubt.PNG[/attachment]

Plonk #2 - Attempting to start DM-BrokenFaith (the initial fixed beta as long as next one is not for me). Karma was already whispering by not showing ScreenShot. Here I removed XC_Engine for preventing NONE errors reporting :noidea .
[attachment=1]No_MoreSShoot.PNG[/attachment]

And I had the bad idea to press start... :ironic:
[attachment=0]HiRes_Lolzing.PNG[/attachment]

Momentum Solution: REPLACE (so far) SkyBox.utx with original stock one if you want to not have issues with maps having those textures :arrow: .
You are Always arguing about someon elses work have Always critisism about someone else .
You have Always the last words about something.You are cracking some else down to the ground.
And what can you do?No possitive things about someone elses work
You are just a pain in the ass knowing everything bether then other people who realy can do something and also for the community.
And you mine friend have got alot to learn to deal with people, atleast you can give someone a possitive feetback and also with that you are a pain in the ass.
I,m sick and tired about you sektor.Do you know about textures to make a higher resolution.
Can you make a 4k resolution for ut 99?
i dont and you maby also not, and Always lurking about someone else work
You think you are knowing it all, but i think you cannot do annything.
you can give someone atlease a possitive feedback, and that is not what you are doing.
Download the files like photoshop edit with the ut editor and lats see what you can do, Always agruing about someone else work.
You can do jack shit.knowing it all bether on this forum.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

If content posted is useless at random, even crashing or making borks, I don't get any hands clapping around, and your eternal ignorance won't help with nothing - short and true.
rjmno1 wrote:You think you are knowing it all, but i think you cannot do annything.
For Your the same ETERNAL IGNORANCE I wrote more things than you can dream about or understand them. You can shut up, and get back to your drugs or to your trash-box (as you want) - last time you are acting very strange - three people have posted problems here, you don't have to SPAM quoting entire my post because I'm not the only one seeing issues here, you can quote ALL posts, that's a good SPAM :ironic: . You are the one coming with "turturials" when you actually cannot deliver any proper explanation. Else I wrote things shared in private just because those like YOU are convincing me to not write many public things shared around... as you can see.
I think I was showing enough through images what is about...
As for your personal attack at me, is completely OFF-TOPIC exactly like your "feed-back" type and your "positive noise" as a background spam. From me you can install these and do use them as much as you want but when game is crashing I wanna see what kind of posting you'll do - or you might play only Deck16][...
If broken stuff is broken I'm not supposed to deliver any positive feedback because it doesn't make any sense.

And your don't have to be worried, I won't post any feed-back - like I said, I'll get broken stuff for my interest, fixing, saying nothing and letting those on drugs to clap hands until the fall asleep. That's much better.
The_Cowboy
Skilled
Personal rank: Codezilla

Post by The_Cowboy »

rjmno1 wrote: You are Always arguing about someon elses work have Always critisism about someone else .
You have Always the last words about something.You are cracking some else down to the ground.
And what can you do?No possitive things about someone elses work
You are just a pain in the ass knowing everything bether then other people who realy can do something and also for the community.
And you mine friend have got alot to learn to deal with people, atleast you can give someone a possitive feetback and also with that you are a pain in the ass.
I,m sick and tired about you sektor.Do you know about textures to make a higher resolution.
Can you make a 4k resolution for ut 99?
i dont and you maby also not, and Always lurking about someone else work
You think you are knowing it all, but i think you cannot do annything.
you can give someone atlease a possitive feedback, and that is not what you are doing.
Download the files like photoshop edit with the ut editor and lats see what you can do, Always agruing about someone else work.
You can do jack shit.knowing it all bether on this forum.
And hence my comparison of sektor with Wises was uncanny! Anyways, you can always add them to ignore list.

I am not against critical feedback, but "I wrote more things than you can dream about or understand them." and "You can shut up" phrases, I am sure, are not part of UT99 community ethics.
Feralidragon wrote:Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything :tu:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FreeandOpen
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

And now all of you can please shut up and stay on topic!
If you have a bone to pick with someone, keep it in your private messages.

I won't tolerate any further name calling.
...or dick-measuring contests
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

papercoffee wrote:I won't tolerate any further name calling.
This is good. I like when admins are getting in stage.
The_Cowboy wrote:And hence my comparison of sektor with Wises was uncanny! Anyways, you can always add them to ignore list.
I was wonder why does he read my posting if he don't like that, he could add me to ignore list months ago because actually I did not see why not - is an option for everyone - our tastes are different after all.
rjmno1 wrote:And what can you do?No possitive things about someone elses work
If you did READ FORUM (I doubt), you can see that Virgile's map is added by me ON-LINE as a good to have thing at once with HellKeeper's, Frag'N'Brag's ones (not only one thing is what I'm using from here) and so on... When good stuff is posted I'm lovingly using that content. If you have some good work done I'll use that too but... first show me what you did, aside of these OFF-Topic fantasies.

On Topic:
SkyBox, Coret_FX and the rest, I'm expecting to see some Hi Res textures.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

What sektor is trying to say that even though most textures are well done in these packages alot of maps are missing hires textures for the skybox's ect. which makes some maps odd looking having hi detail with low detail textures in the mix.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Umm... yup, in one of those old maps, textures 2048×2048 have caused nasty lags - a very low frame-rate. I switched back to stock.
I'm done here.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Nels can come across as direct but this is just a culture thing I think. He's not meaning to be a dick, he just comes across as direct. Not once has he ever failed to respond to me over the years or has he ever not helped someone when asked. Like his methodology or not the guy is almost never completely wrong, and when he points at something you'd be wise to consider his suggestions and try hard to look past the delivery.

It's always frustrating when someone tears apart a posted mod and highlights the problems it has that you may not have seen. You ought to be glad though that these people exist. That final 3% of errors that people like Nels and Barbie and Prince post here serve an incredibly useful purpose. As a modder it drives me nuts when they find things (especially when I never considered them) and it's easy to be angry at the messenger. Doesn't change the fact they are mostly spot on with their feedback and it's wise to pay attention.

About the textures...I used the first part of these *extensively* in my coop mod [shout out to LightningHunter], replacing the skins of almost every actor I could. I can tell you with certainty that the difference between 1024 and 2048 is negligible but the engine can really feel the difference. I always meant to ask Masterkent or Smirf about this because you can both see and feel a difference when you add anything above a 1024 texture into the engine. I would also suggest this is an engine thing as my gaming comp is pretty beefy (I run a Rift on it without trouble). I just started avoiding anything larger and all the stutter and framedrop just stopped. Could this be something in the mipping on oversize textures? I don't know but there's for sure an issue. I ended up downsizing most of LH's textures to use to get them at 1024 or less and the replacements work wonderfully. I never got any complaints on lag or stutter, even with hundreds of monsters onscreen with the enhanced texturing.

As always YMMV :shrug:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote: About the textures...I used the first part of these *extensively* in my coop mod [shout out to LightningHunter], replacing the skins of almost every actor I could. I can tell you with certainty that the difference between 1024 and 2048 is negligible but the engine can really feel the difference. I always meant to ask Masterkent or Smirf about this because you can both see and feel a difference when you add anything above a 1024 texture into the engine. I would also suggest this is an engine thing as my gaming comp is pretty beefy (I run a Rift on it without trouble). I just started avoiding anything larger and all the stutter and framedrop just stopped. Could this be something in the mipping on oversize textures? I don't know but there's for sure an issue. I ended up downsizing most of LH's textures to use to get them at 1024 or less and the replacements work wonderfully. I never got any complaints on lag or stutter, even with hundreds of monsters onscreen with the enhanced texturing.
I think Ferali mentioned it sometime in the past that it has to do with the light-mapping. When you use big textures the light-map will get bigger as well.
But I can be wrong and my memories are getting hazy.
AHaigh01
Novice

Post by AHaigh01 »

Here are new builds of skybox:

1K version for UT99
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ea9cl93o ... r.zip/file

2K version for UT99
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2mi8dl16 ... r.zip/file

Previously Diehards build for skybox was included in my release because it was complete and finished - but possibly corrupt with it's palettes. I was not able to reproduce the error on dm brokenfaith. Can someone verify that these fix the problem?
Acoma
Average

Post by Acoma »

awesome
Spoiler