Question about the MonsterHunt.u

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Question about the MonsterHunt.u

Post by EvilGrins »

The .u file for MonsterHunt, does it have the same monsters in it in every version or have any been removed in the upgrades?

Specifically wondering about the LavaTitan.
Attachments
Shot0199.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Question about the MonsterHunt.u

Post by sektor2111 »

YOU CANNOT remove classes, variables, etc. unless that "update" will not be compatible, and if whatever map having a missing class or a missing object is pointed by some reference from it will crash game or it will cause funky things ON-Line/Off-Line.

Original MonsterHunt.u file won't allow you any MyLevel to be compiled (check it by yourself) - but you can always compile MyLevel stuff BEFORE opening MonsterHunt.u file and without any class loaded from MonsterHunt.u - or using a place-holder or an editing version (as I'm doing) and not only MonsterHunt. My UT version for editing it's different as long as I want to see what is that and where... After 20 years and less years of blabbering in UT I was drawing some conclusions:
- we have variables needed which are not shown;
- we have variables visible which are damaging when are changed;
- we have here so called constants but which are not damaging if are turned in variables and things can be tweaked on a higher Level - is needed some knowledge here.
And discussion is way too long...