Trying to turn something off in U4E

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Trying to turn something off in U4E

Post by EvilGrins »

Without using the mutator but having the models U4E provides placed on bots has the effect of swapping some default weapons the bots carry. For example, the default weapon is now a 6-shooter pistol.

It also swaps something else for grenades.

How do I stop it from doing that? I've been through the menus and can't figure it out.
Attachments
Shot0020.png
Shot0020.png (183.23 KiB) Viewed 454 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Trying to turn something off in U4E

Post by OjitroC »

Which U4e Bot is that in the screenshot?

It seens to me that a Class weapon is hard-coded into each U4e Bot, at least the ones in U4eTC.u - this means that they would start off with that weapon.

One way to alter that would be to subclass the Bot and set the ClassWeapon property/properties (as some have more than one weapon) to None by deleting what's there and replacing it by None.

UPDATE - another suggestion to try first. You should have a U4eTPlayers.ini in your system folder (the settings in this ini are for U4eTC.u). This ini has a setting 'bClassWeapons=True' - try altering this to =False and see what happens.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:11 pmWhich U4e Bot is that in the screenshot?
There isn't one, but there is one running around somewhere on that map.
OjitroC wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:11 pmYou should have a U4eTPlayers.ini in your system folder (the settings in this ini are for U4eTC.u). This ini has a setting 'bClassWeapons=True' - try altering this to =False and see what happens.
I'll give that a shot.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:38 pm There isn't one, but there is one running around somewhere on that map.
Oh, I see - so the default weapons of all the bots have changed, not just the U4e bots?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 am
EvilGrins wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:38 pm There isn't one, but there is one running around somewhere on that map.
Oh, I see - so the default weapons of all the bots have changed, not just the U4e bots?
Yes, 1 U4E-bot causes changes to all the weapons of other bots and human players.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:41 am Yes, 1 U4E-bot causes changes to all the weapons of other bots and human players.
OK - something else to try. I tried this as a player playing as Fred and it works.

Add/use the U4eTC.U4ePlayers mutator (U4eTC.U4eTPLAYERS) -> in-game in the Mods menu you should have U4e Tournament -> open that, go to Characters, uncheck the UseClassWeapons box and any others you want to -> start a game with bots and see what happens.

As I say I tried this and it worked, unchecking the ClassWeapons box removed the 'Fred hands and lightning attack' so it should remove the default ClassWeapons from U4e Bots and the rest.

If you happen to be using Oldskool, I have no idea what will happen with that - it may or may not conflict with the U4e Mutators.

UPDATE - perhaps I should clarify that I tested this using just one U4e Player and no U4e bots so I don't know what precise impact it will have on non U4e Bots - I merely put it forward as a suggested method which has no adverse affects and which can be easily reversed.